can anyone relate to being a lone stunter w/ noone supporting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough
Wink can anyone relate to being a lone stunter w/ noone supporting?

Ok. I have been stunt riding since the beginning ,(when it was considered stunting) ,before the cages bars HBs , etc. I started off clutchin up wheelies on 80s at like 13 , and clutchin up sitdowns on a cbr 6 at like 17 . Then got into endos ,tank wheelies , highchairs ,SS , highway standups etc. In around late 2000 early 01. We had a stunt group called M.O.P and did our first show with some local groups D.T.E & R.M ,DTE was already rockin bar tricks and we basicly were still doin clutched up power wheelies with a few 12's here and there. Anyways everyone (from my old crew) i used to ride with basicly fell off ,lost interest or didnt want to follow the sport to the next level?

Except for me and 2 other riders that Im not sure still ride. anyways im totally on my own but still have that burning desire and passion to rock and master every type and style of wheelie and endo. Its something thats just part of me and i feel i can make it and am going to continue to pursue this to the fullest because its something I love.

Which brings me to the point of this thread ,my best friend and business partner who Ive been riding with since I was a kid , him and I used to stunt together alot . But as soon as 12s came around , a little while after drewstones 12'oclock vid came out my friend didnt want to take it to the next level with slow wheelies. The way he looks at it is he went out on top. Anyways I learned all the idle wheelies ,12's & started working on circles all on an old zx9 with a 73 tooth sprocket. So Im buying an 04 636 that came into our shop and im ordering all new stunt parts . Im psyched about this , I see it as a way to step it up and progress , since he doesnt stunt anymore he keeps trying to talk me out of continuing , and hes into the custom bike thing now so all the money im putting into another stunt bike , to him would be better off spent on a prettyboy bling bike. Im all about riding ,not showing off my fat tire or extended swingarm.

Anyways its hard to still want to follow your dreams and pursue the passion you come to love when the peeps that are supposed to be there and have your back get jealous and hate in their own harmless way every time you get better or more into it. The only one supporting me is my lady she believes in me and knows I'll make it. if you read this whole thing thanks for bearing with my rant , but can anyone relate?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:06 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: can anyone relate to being a lone stunter w/ noone supporting?

u're a little far behind guy. shouldn't have dropped off for 6 years
Old 03-08-2007, 09:18 PM

OverRatedRiderz is an unknown quantity at this point

fu<k ur friends man...do what u love...none of my friends see what im doin is cool...but i dont care i lvoe doin it and i find a great hobby out of it...so screw your friends..find local riders that love what they do also..

keep it up man!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:36 PM

[QUOTE=crtchrktrcr;2658299]u're a little far behind guy. shouldn't have dropped off for 6 years[/QUOTE

I never stopped stuntin , each of those years i was still practicing just not doin shows or competitions but was more focused on work. But for more than the past 2 yrs ive been trying to find time for practicing my idle/slow wheelies weekly. And then I had a son , But I guess I dropped off from how much I used to stunt in the beginning.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

Ricky04750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ride for you. Not for others. Who cares what others think, If you still enjoy riding thats all that matters and stick to it. None of my friends are into stunting and all have nice bikes and always talk **** about my bike being clapped out, Think I give a ****.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ricky04750
Ride for you. Not for others. Who cares what others think, If you still enjoy riding thats all that matters and stick to it. None of my friends are into stunting and all have nice bikes and always talk **** about my bike being clapped out, Think I give a ****.
+1

word for ******* word
Old 03-08-2007, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by OverRatedRiderz
fu<k ur friends man...do what u love...none of my friends see what im doin is cool...but i dont care i lvoe doin it and i find a great hobby out of it...so screw your friends..find local riders that love what they do also..

keep it up man!
no doubt bro , make sure you stick with it also ,I m lucky to be alive after all the crazy **** I did on bikes (highway racing )at your age . live it up and stay focused but the key is to stay alive.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:47 PM

OverRatedRiderz is an unknown quantity at this point

haha ive had my fair share of street racing...im more into stuntin now...love it...nothin beats the feelin of doin wheelies..
Old 03-08-2007, 09:50 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Now is the time to be in this sport I have been doing it for 5 years and at the start you were hard pressed to find a sponsor but now!....everyone is out to help it seems like! people are getting more and more into it and thats a good thing for us!!! tell your boy to go ride his gay *** blinged out bike and you do your thing!! **** 'em and feed 'em fish!!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thehate.
Now is the time yo be in this sport I have been doing it for 5 years and at the start you were hard pressed to find a sponsor but now!....everyone is out to help it seems like! people are getting more and more into it and thats a good thing for us!!! tell your boy to go ride his gay *** blinged out bike and you do your thing!! **** 'em and feed 'em fish!!
no...

feed em the fat whroes you choose not to bang
Old 03-08-2007, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Vetter
+1

word for ******* word
right on , I hear both you and Ricky , as wack as it sounds a little bit of positive support goes along way its inspiring , ya know
Old 03-08-2007, 09:53 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Vetter
no...

feed em the fat whroes you choose not to bang
Dude, fat ****** are good if there cooked right!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

btw... the cage rails are 60% percent done.

the craftsmanship is top notch. sch 40 steel TIG welded with SOLID polypropylene sliders (stronger than delrin)
Old 03-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Dude, fat ****** are good if there cooked right!!!!!!!!

no i mean.. humans...

not cattle!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:55 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

Gotta admit, bein the only one that does it is pretty beat. I like others stuntin with me because it pushes me to get better, and I like watching others.

Only time I really stunt anymore is when rich is home and has a bike, or if I get that damn bored.

-Max.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by Pimpus Maximus
Gotta admit, bein the only one that does it is pretty beat. I like others stuntin with me because it pushes me to get better, and I like watching others.

Only time I really stunt anymore is when rich is home and has a bike, or if I get that damn bored.

-Max.
yeah... its true. i ride ALONE. the squids don't even come watch. there are a few squidy prospects around here. well see how much they come out to the spot.

but it makes riding with people that much more fulfilling! i def get MAAD motivated after i go ride with people that kill it!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:57 PM

Now is the time to be in this sport I have been doing it for 5 years and at the start you were hard pressed to find a sponsor but now!....everyone is out to help it seems like! people are getting more and more into it and thats a good thing for us!!! tell your boy to go ride his gay *** blinged out bike and you do your thing!! **** 'em and feed 'em fish!!

thats the way I see it dude ,the sponsors and bigger industries are startin to look in our direction now , but even if there werent any prospects it would still just be something I HAVE to do. & ur right about the Gay *** blinged out bike, Im all set!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:19 PM

Creative_cbr can only hope to improve

stay with it and f(ck every one else no one i hang with belive in what we do they think i have more than a few screws loose they just dont see what we see go for the your dreams and dont let anyone stop u i dont
Old 03-08-2007, 11:36 PM

Johnny is an unknown quantity at this point

i would quit if i were in your shoes your not going to make any money your just going to spend,spend,spend and besides youll probably get hurt! jus kiddin...
but however you should have stuck with it like me when you had the chance i never came close to quiting ever never ever thought about it it sounds like you made a mistake whenever it was you quit! now you want to get back?cool, good luck... i would never stop anyone from being better than me!

TUFF CALL......
Old 03-08-2007, 11:37 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

yeah it sucks around here to i dont ride with no one..all my homies could give to ***** about stunting..and the ones that did stunt all turned their bikes in stolen for the money... but **** it i roll behind my house everyday and kill it by myself....:YEAH

Quick Reply: can anyone relate to being a lone stunter w/ noone supporting?