can anyone relate to being a lone stunter w/ noone supporting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 11:40 PM

Johnny is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: can anyone relate to being a lone stunter w/ noone supporting?

exactly, I dont need anyones permission to ride! i forgot to mention i used to ride on a team until they started talking that quiting **** and much more bs so i went solo best ******* thing to ever happen................
Old 03-08-2007, 11:58 PM

gsxrrdr is an unknown quantity at this point

hey man,i know just how it is, all my friends just want to go on five hour rides and i would rather spend that time out practicin my stunts. my wife tells me to do what i want instead of what everyone else wants ,shes the only one that thinks what i do is cool.i say fu(kem if they dont like it.:YEAH
Old 03-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Dude I've been in the same shoes as you the last few years. i'm the old man 30 too.

I never gave it up just had some low spots between bikes because of life hitting me and having to get back on track with money and all.
I've been dedicated all by my self most of the time since I learned rear brake years ago. The rest of the guys I used to ride with gave up & got out and I stayed at it. I'm deffinately not one of the best but i'm better now than i've ever been and learn a new trick nearly every time i go ride.Just recently I met 2 guys that are catching on quick and that helps just having somebody with the same interest around.

I've riden for myself and no one else to satisfy my addiction. There is no end to learning and getting new things on lock. Just make sure you don't go alone to practice. My wife has always agreed to go when no one else wants to go to the spot even if she just sits and reads magazines while i practice the same dam tick 300 times till its mastered (sort of).

Don't give it up man if it's what you love. I may never get anywhere by stunting but i get my own satisfaction and thats what counts to me. Who knows man one day we may be reconized & appreciated for the dedication it takes to build the skill.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:40 AM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Johnny
i would quit if i were in your shoes your not going to make any money your just going to spend,spend,spend and besides youll probably get hurt! jus kiddin...
but however you should have stuck with it like me when you had the chance i never came close to quiting ever never ever thought about it it sounds like you made a mistake whenever it was you quit! now you want to get back?cool, good luck... i would never stop anyone from being better than me!

TUFF CALL......
yeah I never said I quit , and had no intentions of it even sounding like that .
Ive practiced hard over the past few years just speraticly . A little under 2 yrs ago I had a son and that week I went and did a ahow In the rain I was doin sitdown 12s on the bar the bike rocked a bit and a 905 cage just crushed my foot. I broke alot bones and was out for most of that summer.
Anyways long story short , I spent more time with my son and just worked the rest of my free time in a repair shop I had just opened. So I had tooken almost that whole summer off from riding & also the winter . Then the following summer I just practiced slow **** sparaticly. So I never left or quit Ive been stunting ever since I just have been treating it more as a hobby ,like skateboarding. And now Im just gonna focus on it more seriously again.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by THORPE
Dude I've been in the same shoes as you the last few years. i'm the old man 30 too.

I never gave it up just had some low spots between bikes because of life hitting me and having to get back on track with money and all.
I've been dedicated all by my self most of the time since I learned rear brake years ago. The rest of the guys I used to ride with gave up & got out and I stayed at it. I'm deffinately not one of the best but i'm better now than i've ever been and learn a new trick nearly every time i go ride.Just recently I met 2 guys that are catching on quick and that helps just having somebody with the same interest around.

I've riden for myself and no one else to satisfy my addiction. There is no end to learning and getting new things on lock. Just make sure you don't go alone to practice. My wife has always agreed to go when no one else wants to go to the spot even if she just sits and reads magazines while i practice the same dam tick 300 times till its mastered (sort of).

Don't give it up man if it's what you love. I may never get anywhere by stunting but i get my own satisfaction and thats what counts to me. Who knows man one day we may be reconized & appreciated for the dedication it takes to build the skill.
+1

Hell yeah man , I definately know where your comin from!
It is all about youre own satisfaction , & I am also definately better now than Ive ever been. thats what its about
and possibly gettin recognized & appreciated
Old 03-09-2007, 01:00 AM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

you cant get good at riding without riding every day, so that usually means youre gonna have to get used to riding alone for the most part
Old 03-09-2007, 01:06 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

it is so hard to get better alone

get the newbees you talked about to come out as much as possible and teach them if they get hooked then your set if not go ride where there are other people

mass has alot of stunters and it is a small state so if you gotta travel a little then travel because with none to feed off of it is very hard to step up your game

it's best to ride with better riders but even having less experianced riders there will help you push your self a little harder
Old 03-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Stuntriding saves lives!

ERDMANN is an unknown quantity at this point

i realte to you man, i am 23 now i started when i was 18, but do to life in general, like illness and blowing up 6 engines, and just in between bikes, i would say i only have like one good year of actual good seat time, i ride for fun, it would be nice to make a livin to do what you enoy to do, but it seems there is only a handful of guys that are doing that, and they got mad skills, it is something to do that is positive, i say just do what you love,
Old 03-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

ride for the love of riding...if something more comes of it, then seize the opportunity.

we've known each other for years. you think anyone believes how far I"ve personally come? all i did was ride, all i wanted to do was ride, and now thats all i do is ride and it only gets better from here.

but, regardless of money or fame or girls (there's no quality girls in this game!) the riding will never leave, no matter what the circumstances.

so like everyone else said, ride to ride and ride for you....

oh ya, teammates are good, but they suck....ride for yourself and by yourself as far as business goes
Old 03-09-2007, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
it is so hard to get better alone

get the newbees you talked about to come out as much as possible and teach them if they get hooked then your set if not go ride where there are other people

mass has alot of stunters and it is a small state so if you gotta travel a little then travel because with none to feed off of it is very hard to step up your game

it's best to ride with better riders but even having less experianced riders there will help you push your self a little harder
no doubt , Im gonna start practicing with a couple guys that dont live to far from the cape that have some skills. So Itl be good to have halfway decent riders to practice with. One of my boys that I was practicing weekly with over the past few years , moved to Daytona last year to be around the stunt scene and practice year round. But i kept on as I much as i could and used as much self motivation ,ya know?
Old 03-09-2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
ride for the love of riding...if something more comes of it, then seize the opportunity.

we've known each other for years. you think anyone believes how far I"ve personally come? all i did was ride, all i wanted to do was ride, and now thats all i do is ride and it only gets better from here.

but, regardless of money or fame or girls (there's no quality girls in this game!) the riding will never leave, no matter what the circumstances.

oh ya, teammates are good, but they suck....ride for yourself and by yourself as far as business goes
right on , thats all Ive always done is just ride for me because I love it , and we all share in that passion . I do just want to do it for me and continue to get better. You , Chauncey , Damian, Brian where all a definate inspiration to fueling that initial spark that started my love for this sport/hobby. I cant even begin to explain the feeling of doing those first shows in worcester off the fukin chain! But yeah man Im gonna keep on keepin on and thanks for the words bro.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Stuntriding saves lives!

ERDMANN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST THING I HAVE HEARD SAID ABOUT STUNT RIDING OR RIDING IN GENERAL,
+1
Old 03-13-2007, 01:39 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person

hell ya dude...like everyone else said...keep at it....do it for urself.

most of my friends are the same....well, except that they "like" stunting but don't wanna lose their full fairing look....they are more into canyon riding....i used to be the same until i got my 905 cage and took off my plastics.

havn't gone canyon riding a months...twisties are fun but i love stunting sooo much more....i roll w/ mostly different ppl now

...stunters
Old 03-13-2007, 02:15 AM

ChaserChris is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty bikes get girls who want the bike, Stunt bikes get girls who want the guy on the bike.

I cant really relate to your situation yet with motorcycles but I can relate to your situation from many other things.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:04 AM

BaddBwoyRyda is a decent person
Thumbs down Re: can anyone relate to being a lone stunter w/ noone supporting?

I Live on an Island that populates 45,000 people! Of those their's only a handful that ride and even fewer that stunt! Talking about lonely... No one to look up to here either... I'm only the Second or Third person to "intentionally" practice 12 O'clocks!
Old 03-13-2007, 03:18 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by -nelson
Ok. I have been stunt riding since the beginning ,(when it was considered stunting) ,before the cages bars HBs , etc. I started off clutchin up wheelies on 80s at like 13 , and clutchin up sitdowns on a cbr 6 at like 17 . Then got into endos ,tank wheelies , highchairs ,SS , highway standups etc. In around late 2000 early 01. We had a stunt group called M.O.P and did our first show with some local groups D.T.E & R.M ,DTE was already rockin bar tricks and we basicly were still doin clutched up power wheelies with a few 12's here and there. Anyways everyone (from my old crew) i used to ride with basicly fell off ,lost interest or didnt want to follow the sport to the next level?

Except for me and 2 other riders that Im not sure still ride. anyways im totally on my own but still have that burning desire and passion to rock and master every type and style of wheelie and endo. Its something thats just part of me and i feel i can make it and am going to continue to pursue this to the fullest because its something I love.

Which brings me to the point of this thread ,my best friend and business partner who Ive been riding with since I was a kid , him and I used to stunt together alot . But as soon as 12s came around , a little while after drewstones 12'oclock vid came out my friend didnt want to take it to the next level with slow wheelies. The way he looks at it is he went out on top. Anyways I learned all the idle wheelies ,12's & started working on circles all on an old zx9 with a 73 tooth sprocket. So Im buying an 04 636 that came into our shop and im ordering all new stunt parts . Im psyched about this , I see it as a way to step it up and progress , since he doesnt stunt anymore he keeps trying to talk me out of continuing , and hes into the custom bike thing now so all the money im putting into another stunt bike , to him would be better off spent on a prettyboy bling bike. Im all about riding ,not showing off my fat tire or extended swingarm.

Anyways its hard to still want to follow your dreams and pursue the passion you come to love when the peeps that are supposed to be there and have your back get jealous and hate in their own harmless way every time you get better or more into it. The only one supporting me is my lady she believes in me and knows I'll make it. if you read this whole thing thanks for bearing with my rant , but can anyone relate?
we all started at lone stunters with no support.
do what makes ya happy in the end.

-kane
Old 03-13-2007, 10:08 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Kaneone
we all started at lone stunters with no support.
do what makes ya happy in the end.

-kane
+1, i was alone when i got my first bike, alone when i took my permit test, alone when i got impounded, alone when i rode success, sometimes being alone is coo, sometimes it sucks, but everyone has a point, do it for yourself, i know it has no relativity to what you're saying but yeah it can be depressing n i feel u on it bro
Old 03-13-2007, 11:11 AM

showtyme can only hope to improve

All very positive comments. Good stuff.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:19 PM

no doubt! , right on to everyone who can relate & thanks for helping to put things back into perspective for me.

-nelson
Old 03-14-2007, 04:51 PM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ricky04750
Ride for you. Not for others. Who cares what others think, If you still enjoy riding thats all that matters and stick to it. None of my friends are into stunting and all have nice bikes and always talk **** about my bike being clapped out, Think I give a ****.

i know this is late but....

+1