03-04 stunt mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:21 AM

xavierthegreat1 is an unknown quantity at this point
03-04 stunt mods

Right now, my 03 636 is completely stripped to the frame. My question to is, are there any little things i should do to it before I put it back together?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:31 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 03-04 stunt mods

make a support for under the rear part of the tank so that little flimsy rear mount doesn't bend the first time you put down a spreader and that pair mod is good for some extra low end....

cut your front pegs short as possible so you don't break your rear sets and tighten up you rear spring on the shock it's way easier when it's apart

thats all i can think of ,but it is 2:30 am so im sure i missed some thing
Old 03-07-2007, 02:33 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

oh yea take out your clutch release lever and make it longer so you will have a permenant easy pull
Old 03-07-2007, 05:08 AM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger

cut your front pegs short as possible so you don't break your rear sets and tighten up you rear spring on the shock it's way easier when it's apart
???
it make a difference?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:01 AM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

make a support for under the rear part of the tank so that little flimsy rear mount doesn't bend the first time you put down a spreader and that pair mod is good for some extra low end....
Got any pics? I bent the **** out of mine already.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:40 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

PAIR mod will stop oil in airbox issues
get some aftermarket billet rearsets
If FF, get a stunt stay or brace the heck out of the stocker
If possible, get a slip on exhaust, the stockers fall apart, if stuck with stocker, weld the hanger to can

There is other stuff... search the boards for 636 threads... lots of info on here. any other questions ask away...
Old 03-07-2007, 11:36 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

weld the mounting tabs to the radiator before the rivets give out?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:49 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
weld the mounting tabs to the radiator before the rivets give out?
oh **** i forgot about the radiator i could start a whole thread on that haha but real quick if your going ff make a mount on the bottom right side of the radiator it will help alot trust me...

as a matter of fact if your going street fighter then you realy need to make bottom mounts
Old 03-07-2007, 12:05 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

I got an 04 636 waitin for me back home , ive already began the ordering of all the stunt paraphanelia a little more than 700$ itll cost i want all new stunt related items I could just use some of the stuff from the 9 ? anyways thanks for postin up all the other small things i would have had to deal with fixing after the fact.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:22 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by verticaljay
Got any pics? I bent the **** out of mine already.
i got your pm so i will post my reply here

the tank support is very simple i used some of the material thet cutting boards are made of but you can use plywood or some thing like that ..

i just put a peice of said material across the sub frame under the tank and zip tied it to the subframe just make it slightly wider then the tank and cut a relieve for the pump an lines an wires

and the bracket for the radiator is just to keep the top of the radiator from ripping apart ,the radiator is bolted to the plastics and with the plastic upper the fairings tend to move up and down alot and it destroys the radiator so make some brakets to hold it up ,you don't need instructions for that

and when your street fightered there is nothing realy holding the radiator up
with out the plastics on the bike there is just that little aluminiun mount and it realy just keeps the radiator from moving forward and back
so before you rip the top off your radiator i highly suggest you make some thing to hold the radiator up from the bottom
Old 03-07-2007, 01:10 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

i got your pm so i will post my reply here

the tank support is very simple i used some of the material thet cutting boards are made of but you can use plywood or some thing like that ..

i just put a peice of said material across the sub frame under the tank and zip tied it to the subframe just make it slightly wider then the tank and cut a relieve for the pump an lines an wires

and the bracket for the radiator is just to keep the top of the radiator from ripping apart ,the radiator is bolted to the plastics and with the plastic upper the fairings tend to move up and down alot and it destroys the radiator so make some brakets to hold it up ,you don't need instructions for that

and when your street fightered there is nothing realy holding the radiator up
with out the plastics on the bike there is just that little aluminiun mount and it realy just keeps the radiator from moving forward and back
so before you rip the top off your radiator i highly suggest you make some thing to hold the radiator up from the bottom
forgot, brace the frame if he has it broke down.The frames are made out of chocolate pudding.I've bent and cracked several frames and always see wrecked 636's come in at work and the frames will be bent. Yea, the radiators will come apart at the tabs, Been through several radiators so I beefed up the mounts on the last one and the lower radiator mount that comes off the motor, buy a extra one and cut the tab off and weld 2 of them together, they seem to break easy.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:15 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Make your own or buy billet rearsets
Name:  DSC00874.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  23.5 KB
Weld the radiator tabs
Name:  DSC01126.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  27.2 KB
get a stay if your FF
Name:  DSC01188.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  54.9 KB
Old 03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice advertising Johnny!!

At the least buy some new rearset pegs... ones that you can replace for very cheap!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:19 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Make your own or buy billet rearsets

Weld the radiator tabs

get a stay if your FF
Dude, you make everything. Those rearsets look beefy!!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
Dude, you make everything. Those rearsets look beefy!!
I had no choice broke a rearset on a Friday, bought a new one for $80 on Sat and broke it and the other side that night. Really wanted to ride Sunday so I made those in a few hours with scrap aluminum I had laying around, barely had enough material but I got it done....

But those have been through hell and back and I gave them to my buddy and hes still using them....Their made of 2 pieces or 1/4" 6061 plate doubled up...I could probably have them waterjet cut for dirt cheap but theres probably not enough intrest for them
Name:  DSC00875.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  21.6 KB
Old 03-07-2007, 01:28 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I had no choice broke a rearset on a Friday, bought a new one for $80 on Sat and broke it and the other side that night. Really wanted to ride Sunday so I made those in a few hours with scrap aluminum I had laying around, barely had enough material but I got it done....

But those have been through hell and back and I gave them to my buddy and hes still using them....Their made of 2 pieces or 1/4" 6061 plate doubled up...I could probably have them waterjet cut for dirt cheap but theres probably not enough intrest for them
dude, I break rearsets all the time.I've been zip tying them around the frame cause I'm sick of buying them.I'm gonna get some aluminum and plate the stockers soon. I hope that will work.Don't want to buy woodcrafts or anything cause my luck I would destroy those too
Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
dude, I break rearsets all the time.I've been zip tying them around the frame cause I'm sick of buying them.I'm gonna get some aluminum and plate the stockers soon. I hope that will work.Don't want to buy woodcrafts or anything cause my luck I would destroy those too
Not a chance I have woodcrafts to replace those and havent been able to break them. Trust me if I cant break them nobody can

I only bought the woodcrafts for looks and I like solid pegs that dont fold up, but they are really strong for a race rearset...And best of all all their rearset parts can be ordered seperatley...

But I can get a really good deal on Kawi kit rearsets, if I didnt already have the woodcrafts Id buy the kit Kawi ones..2 of my buddies bought them for $200 Canadian complete
Old 03-07-2007, 01:40 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

And best of all all their rearset parts can be ordered seperatley...
that makes all the differance!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:41 PM

xavierthegreat1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thanks for all the helpful tips. Where can i get a front stay like that? or one similar. My air duct is busted too and I either need to get anouther one or find a tougher alternative.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:43 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by xavierthegreat1
Hey thanks for all the helpful tips. Where can i get a front stay like that? or one similar. My air duct is busted too and I either need to get anouther one or find a tougher alternative.
Johnny P

Quick Reply: 03-04 stunt mods