sick innovations cage

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:43 PM

Turtle will become famous soon enoughTurtle will become famous soon enough
sick innovations cage

Let me say, I love this cage and have never had a problem, Until recently. Not bashing the cages at all and it has done its just repeatedly. Just sucks, the other day i was doing fast ss circles and fell rather hard. I went to tighten the right motor mount bolt when i found out it wouldn't tighten at all. I figured that I had just stripped it out but after further inspection, I cracked the entire top half of the inside of the motor mount bolt. I believe I'm going to have to drop the motor, get it re-welded on and then throw a glob on it and re-tap it. I was just curious, has anyone had this happend to them before ? I'm sure my motor mount was already fucked up, so i don't believe it was the cages fault, just kind of wanted some input on how to fix it from people on here ...Just wanted to clarify IM NOT BASHING SICK INNOVATIONS
Old 03-06-2007, 02:54 PM

Big Z is a decent person
Re: sick innovations cage

Have you been tighting them up after every ride ? That will cause it to happen.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:20 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

Originally Posted by Turtle
Let me say, I love this cage and have never had a problem, Until recently. Not bashing the cages at all and it has done its just repeatedly. Just sucks, the other day i was doing fast ss circles and fell rather hard. I went to tighten the right motor mount bolt when i found out it wouldn't tighten at all. I figured that I had just stripped it out but after further inspection, I cracked the entire top half of the inside of the motor mount bolt. I believe I'm going to have to drop the motor, get it re-welded on and then throw a glob on it and re-tap it. I was just curious, has anyone had this happend to them before ? I'm sure my motor mount was already fucked up, so i don't believe it was the cages fault, just kind of wanted some input on how to fix it from people on here ...Just wanted to clarify IM NOT BASHING SICK INNOVATIONS
Wait, hold on a second.... From the way people rep this cage on this forum, i thought sick innovation cages formed some kind of force field your bike, preventing it from any harm...

So you are saying it is just like any other cage??? I don't believe it, say it aint so!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:37 PM

wickedbehaviors is an unknown quantity at this point

still is a bad *** cage
Old 03-06-2007, 03:43 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

i love cage threads...
Old 03-06-2007, 03:46 PM

MikeTeamChaos is a decent person

o god here we go
Old 03-06-2007, 03:51 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Dean Ellis is an unknown quantity at this point

try an "e-z out" it should do the trick- good luck
Old 03-06-2007, 04:28 PM

ct954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skinnyR!
Wait, hold on a second.... From the way people rep this cage on this forum, i thought sick innovation cages formed some kind of force field your bike, preventing it from any harm...

So you are saying it is just like any other cage??? I don't believe it, say it aint so!
HAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:53 PM

STARKS is a decent person

Trust me, its not the cage. 905 and Fi has done the same thing to my past few bikes. The inside motor mount behind the frame is just weak as ****.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:03 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

yeah Ive had that same thing happen on my 905 cage , Im begining a full stunt prep on an 04 636 and I was thinking of going with an SI cage tho. Its not the cage its the stress a cage puts on the mounts and frame from dropping the bike with extra weight and such.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:56 AM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

Ive never heard of that happening before. Sorry to hear that bro.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 AM

RAMSTUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

did you have any of the other bolts in your cage? or did you still just have the motor mount bolts in? cause i smash the **** out of my S.I. cage and its str8.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:08 AM

-RYNO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dean Ellis
try an "e-z out" it should do the trick- good luck
on what his snapped off mount........just weld it!i would use some 1/2 stock and just try to weld it on as many points as possible to the head.then just run a nut and bolt through it.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:17 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

dude I just spent HOURS!!! getting my right motor mount bolt off.The nut was stripped and the bolt wouldn't come out for shi t.It was bent too.Had to remove the radiator and use a carbide bit to grind the nut till it fell apart.and hammer it out through the inside.Had to drill the nout and everything.Never seen one stuck like mine before.I was ready to hold the bike on the limiter untill it blew up, thats how pissed I was getting
Old 03-07-2007, 11:24 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
dude I just spent HOURS!!! getting my right motor mount bolt off.The nut was stripped and the bolt wouldn't come out for shi t.It was bent too.Had to remove the radiator and use a carbide bit to grind the nut till it fell apart.and hammer it out through the inside.Had to drill the nout and everything.Never seen one stuck like mine before.I was ready to hold the bike on the limiter untill it blew up, thats how pissed I was getting
Do you guys keep your bolts tight ? Or cross thread them in to begin with?? I ride an 05 636 and my dudes got an 03. We are very brutal on these bikes. Hell my buddy crahsed about 10 times yesterday and we had his cage off today to change the oil. Thecage cmae right on and off in 5 minutes..??

You have to keep the bolts tight. Gotta stay on top of that.