True or False?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 AM
20%OVER HONDA&YAMAHA PART

DENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the roughDENIRO600 is a jewel in the rough
Re: True or False?

Originally Posted by dscamry
you don't need thats true but i do have one on my cbr1000rr and had a custom map made for mine since hotbodies doesn't make map's...HUGE difference. not so much in hp gain but just in overall delivery. and i think i did gain like 15-20hp as well. that was with exhaust and k&n filter
What do you mean not alot in hp gain? You said 15-20hp. That is alot for an air cleaner and pcIII. That is why I call BS. I know people who have motor work and get those gains but, not from just a cleaner and pcIII!

Last edited by DENIRO600; 03-06-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:30 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

say what you want i went to bike week before work was done stock and on the dyno they had was like 148 and the next year after exhaust and filter pulled 167. now i didn't do any of this i just hit gas and gears. plus im small 135lbs so you might not be able to get this gain. yes different dynos yes different temp. but man im just telling you what they said. i paid 250 bucks for my map too so. also have you seen the hotbodies exhaust it is same size as exhaust on my stunter so not really much exhaust. take it for what it is
Old 03-06-2007, 10:48 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Monstrosity
So you dont think I'll miss or run rich or lean?
it will explode
Old 03-06-2007, 11:11 AM
DSC

yes chux i had it dynoed. they guy that maped it im guessing dynoed it and the two times at the beach. i guessed it wasn't alot of hp because i got so much from just exhaust and filter. but i can be wrong
Old 03-06-2007, 11:15 AM

showtyme can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Hazen
Pay the 100 bucks and have someone tune it on a dyno. That's the ONLY way to get it perfect for your location, climate, altitude, etc.

On Suzuki's you can just re-program the factory ECU - other bikes such as Honda's are an "open loop" fuel management system which means the computer is always "learning" and adjusting to temp, air density, etc.

So No, you don't need a power commander IMO.

How do you re-program the factory ECU?
I've heard the same thing about this. I have a S/O with stock air filter. The whole reason I haven't got a filter (BMC) yet is B/C I don't want to buy a PC3. If you can re-program the ECU and have it work just as well then that's what I'd like to do.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:34 AM
DSC

i bet just unplug battery and leave it for a min and then hook back up!! but i don't know just a guess
Old 03-06-2007, 11:38 AM

i bet just unplug battery and leave it for a min and then hook back up!! but i don't know just a guess

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. Anytime I replace something on my car I always do that but didn't know if there was more to it on the bike.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:00 PM
DSC

thats where i got my guess from cars!! great minds think alike showtyme
Old 03-06-2007, 12:07 PM

ChuxRR is a decent person
Talking Re: True or False?

say what you want i went to bike week before work was done stock and on the dyno they had was like 148 and the next year after exhaust and filter pulled 167. now i didn't do any of this i just hit gas and gears. plus im small 135lbs so you might not be able to get this gain. yes different dynos yes different temp. but man im just telling you what they said. i paid 250 bucks for my map too so. also have you seen the hotbodies exhaust it is same size as exhaust on my stunter so not really much exhaust. take it for what it is
I'm not doubting U, I'm just wondering if the folks who provided U the info are giving U acurate #'s...
People tell me all kinda chit, (prolly worse cause I'm a gurl), they assume I donno much... If I went around repeating half the BS these "well intended" peeps said, I'd look like a real idiot! (I'm not saying this applies 2 you, I am not into flaming anyone!)
I've been told alot of things about my bike, in reguards to HP. The look on a persons face is priceless, when I ask... is that rear wheel, or at the crank... There's a reason the manufaturer list's the the hp at crank! Their is a big diff!
I think what threw off DINERO600, was u mentioned that u didn't get much HP gain...and then in the same sentance stated a 15-20 gain, that's a huge gain, period! Not much gain? That might be like 1-2hp... A decent gain would be any thing 3-5+ hp.... (basic mod related)
U mentioned rider weight... 15-20 hp increase is massive no matter what ya weigh... The bike has x amount of hp... If a car has 320 hp and U pile 6 fat chicks in it, its not gonna tear out like it would, with one person in it... Kno what I mean? I have a similar set up on my 06' and I weigh less than u, and I doubt I have any xtra hp cause of it...
Again..not trying to give U a hard time!! hope I din **** ya off....
*Disclaimer all the above information should be deamed opinion rather than fact! I'm nooooo expert!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Sorry thinkin out loud again, scary I kno... as far as unpluging the ecu, wont that just reset it? (not reprogram it!!) Then it should start adjusting again as soon as u start ridding, reconfiguring to the conditions...

I would think, u need something to over ride the ecu. I was told that is what the pc3 is for!!!...help me out on this one, cause if I've got my bike pc'd n mapped and it is not doing any thing cause the ecu is overidding it, I'm gonna b one angry little critter!

Is there a sensor that I can go out and rip off the bike rite now???LOL

Last edited by ChuxRR; 03-06-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 PM

ejt_1031 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unplugging the ECU would do nothing more than reset it. If you want to make changes to amount of fuel delivered, the ECU will need the code inside of it modified. A power commander can be removed at any time and the fuel injection is back to factory, if the ECU is changed, it's changed forever.

Also, I am not aware of any sportbike that well correct the air/fuel mixture on its own.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:52 PM

Don't bikes have 02 sensors like cars? That's what they are for is sending a signal back to the computer telling it if it's running lean or rich.

After reading that I'm pretty sure they don't. Wouldn't it make sense if they did?
Old 03-06-2007, 12:59 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

with a pcIII you can add in any map you want but you can also custom set any map as well, and actually for stunting you can setup a map to deliver your power much smoother, its not all about HP gains its mainly the throttle response and someone serious into stunting could find it very helpfull to smooth out the power delivery and make the bike have much better control, bikes without power commanders but with K&N filters and slip ons tend to be a bit choppier than one with a PCIII and correct mapping. just my
Old 03-06-2007, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by ejt_1031
Unplugging the ECU would do nothing more than reset it. If you want to make changes to amount of fuel delivered, the ECU will need the code inside of it modified. A power commander can be removed at any time and the fuel injection is back to factory, if the ECU is changed, it's changed forever.

Also, I am not aware of any sportbike that well correct the air/fuel mixture on its own.
Hey neighbor!!

Thanx! that's what I thought, so the PC does over ride the ecu?

I'd like to kno for sure about "self adusting" ecu on the CBR 1k, this isn't the first time I've heard that, alltho.. never read anything to support, one way or the other
Old 03-06-2007, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by showtyme
Don't bikes have 02 sensors like cars? That's what they are for is sending a signal back to the computer telling it if it's running lean or rich.

After reading that I'm pretty sure they don't. Wouldn't it make sense if they did?
I thought the o2 sensor was related to the pair valve, wich injects clean air into the exsaust... I thought it was for emissions?? I could thinking of wrong sensor?

If its "talking" to bike, telling it, its running to rich or lean. Then what purpose does it serve, if it dosn't adjust itself to that info(running stock)

**After reading that what doesn't make sense I din get the last part?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:19 PM
DSC

Originally Posted by ChuxRR
I'm not doubting U, I'm just wondering if the folks who provided U the info are giving U acurate #'s...
People tell me all kinda chit, (prolly worse cause I'm a gurl), they assume I donno much... If I went around repeating half the BS these "well intended" peeps said, I'd look like a real idiot! (I'm not saying this applies 2 you, I am not into flaming anyone!)
I've been told alot of things about my bike, in reguards to HP. The look on a persons face is priceless, when I ask... is that rear wheel, or at the crank... There's a reason the manufaturer list's the the hp at crank! Their is a big diff!
I think what threw off DINERO600, was u mentioned that u didn't get much HP gain...and then in the same sentance stated a 15-20 gain, that's a huge gain, period! Not much gain? That might be like 1-2hp... A decent gain would be any thing 3-5+ hp.... (basic mod related)
U mentioned rider weight... 15-20 hp increase is massive no matter what ya weigh... The bike has x amount of hp... If a car has 320 hp and U pile 6 fat chicks in it, its not gonna tear out like it would, with one person in it... Kno what I mean? I have a similar set up on my 06' and I weigh less than u, and I doubt I have any xtra hp cause of it...
Again..not trying to give U a hard time!! hope I din **** ya off....
*Disclaimer all the above information should be deamed opinion rather than fact! I'm nooooo expert!
no offence takin and yes i know you can't beleive what every one says. ill be honest im used to cars that is logic be hind not much gain. 2 the only reason i threw weight in is cause they used my weight for something on the dyno. and like i said im just reading what was on the paper it may not be right. i have no controll over that but it must be in the same area cause its not just makin the stuff up, and it is rear wheel not at the crank.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:30 PM
DSC

on cars o2 sensors do talk to the ecu and tell it if it is rich or lean. and the computer does make some modifications but if it gets to crazy it will throw check engine light. don't know if it is the same on bikes i imagine its same principle but don't neccisarily work the same
Old 03-06-2007, 01:31 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
No

I dont know much about Hondas but you should never have to worry about that. Putting in a power commander just proportions the air to fuel mixture. It would help a lot but its not necessary. Plus from what I have heard, power commanders are way to expensive and not enough results for the money.
-1 while I agree they are not nessasary when adding a slip on/air filter......for the streets they are completely worth the money.....I had one on my 954 and it was like a completely different beast.....it was awesome.......
Old 03-06-2007, 01:37 PM

I hope that the #'s r correct!!! this would mean I could get that kind of power too!!

If info they took is compensating 4 ur weight, in the hp output #'s... Then every bikes hp should be based on same rider weight, the bike can only do so much... IMHO...

I want a real figure on what my bike is capable of... It's intresting what your bike did, after those mods!! I can't wait to get mine on a dyno again!!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:40 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 05R6on1
with a pcIII you can add in any map you want but you can also custom set any map as well, and actually for stunting you can setup a map to deliver your power much smoother, its not all about HP gains its mainly the throttle response and someone serious into stunting could find it very helpfull to smooth out the power delivery and make the bike have much better control, bikes without power commanders but with K&N filters and slip ons tend to be a bit choppier than one with a PCIII and correct mapping. just my
+1 yeah what this guy said....

Quick Reply: True or False?