i love my life

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:50 AM

Hazen is a decent person
Re: i love my life

Sweet buy - looks like it already has a couple goodies on it.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:47 PM

wickedbehaviors is an unknown quantity at this point

OT but what size sprocket is that on your wall? i noticed it is a 5 bolt. for the F4? been looking for one to buy
Old 03-05-2007, 02:29 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

Originally Posted by wickedbehaviors
OT but what size sprocket is that on your wall? i noticed it is a 5 bolt. for the F4? been looking for one to buy
old one off the F4, not sure what size. all the teeth are chewed off though.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:24 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

Originally Posted by letsride
I dont know if they will fit the same but I'm going to use cbr 600 f2 wheels and brakes on my KX. I paid $112 for everything and all I need to do for them to fit is make spacers and get custom brackets made to hold that calipers

Just a thought, alot better then going and dumping a grand on rims.
i was told not to do mag wheels becuase you cant jump with them. they tend to break.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:38 PM

wonderbread is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 05R6on1
i've heard a bunch of ppl say the hondas are junk for valves and they only last about 12 hours worth of riding if your lucky, i know guys that race every weekend and constantly replace them after ever final cuz they wear so fast, i guess its someting to do with the unicam system that honda runs, and i know that when they released the honda 150F they used stainless steel valves cuz most parents would have a **** fit if they had to replace valves every other day for kids to ride, they deffinately can have some sick power but i wouldn't have went honda just for that reason. just my
Those were the older four stroke mx bikes from honda. LIke 04 and older, they sucked the valves right into the cylinder. The newer ones are better.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:55 PM

Herb is an unknown quantity at this point

I was bored Sunday morning and took a ride in my truck and came home with a CRF450R. This thing is awsome.:YEAH
Old 03-05-2007, 07:57 PM

The only problem is there is almost nowhere to ride here.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:04 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by f4stunna
i was told not to do mag wheels becuase you cant jump with them. they tend to break.

I heard that too. I dont plan on jumping, just streets, I wasnt sure what your ganna use the bike for.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:15 PM

mack36148 is an unknown quantity at this point

factoryproracing.com supermoto wheels 400 bucks
i have never had any valve trouble with honda but i would put in aftermarket ones and keep them adjusted
Old 03-05-2007, 10:40 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know if they will fit the same but I'm going to use cbr 600 f2 wheels and brakes on my KX. I paid $112 for everything and all I need to do for them to fit is make spacers and get custom brackets made to hold that calipers

Just a thought, alot better then going and dumping a grand on rims.
Well you many have only paid 112 on your rims but I hope you know someone at the machine shop because those fabricated parts will be alot of money and alot more head ache than you really know.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:44 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by E-Loc540
Well you many have only paid 112 on your rims but I hope you know someone at the machine shop because those fabricated parts will be alot of money and alot more head ache than you really know.

How are spacers and brackets going to be alot of money? Neither are that hard to make, and yes I have a friend that owns a choppershop with all the machines that are needed.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:54 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

Originally Posted by 05R6on1
i've heard a bunch of ppl say the hondas are junk for valves and they only last about 12 hours worth of riding if your lucky, i know guys that race every weekend and constantly replace them after ever final cuz they wear so fast, i guess its someting to do with the unicam system that honda runs, and i know that when they released the honda 150F they used stainless steel valves cuz most parents would have a **** fit if they had to replace valves every other day for kids to ride, they deffinately can have some sick power but i wouldn't have went honda just for that reason. just my

Its not the valves or the cam. believe it or not it is the intake valve spring that gives the valves a short life. The intake spring cannot control the valve during high rpm's. When the motor is turning fast the valve looses contact with the camshaft as it is closing....in this case the valve slams into the seat. Stiffer valve springs will control the valve better....instead of the valve slamming into the seat the valve would use the trailing edge of the closing camshaft lobe to ease itself into the seat. If you really think about it its very much like over jumping and slamming down a jump vs. landing on the landing ramp. Now do that 30 billion times.......
Old 03-05-2007, 11:02 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

How are spacers and brackets going to be alot of money? Neither are that hard to make, and yes I have a friend that owns a choppershop with all the machines that are needed.

Im serious.........Im not ******* you at all... time is money and there is alot of figuring to make a piece of metal to line up correctly to not only fit but to clear other moving parts. God knows how much a shop will charge to make a bracket. The spacers are nothing but the brackets.................
I mean look at a dirtbike oversize rotor bracket (they are mass produced and they still retail for 80 bucks and its just a little piece. I work for a floor company, we were charged 300 bucks to have a 4 foot curved piece of oak threshold made. I know this is different but the same thing will pretty much happen with those brackets.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:46 AM

Raider9170 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the big issues with the Honads wasn't valve float but more that because of the unicam setup they had some weird *** valve angles. We pulled a crf450 and yzf450 apart in the spring and compared while they were apart, definate difference.

As far as the street wheels go.......it's not too bad. We put a set of f3 wheels on an 03 crf450 and it wasn't too bad. A little bit of a pain but no big deal. You just need to machine a few spacers then measure out the brackets. Do it yourself. He is right in that if you pay someone to sit there and design them you are hit. But if you have the time to measure and line everything up it's a cake walk. I think total time invested on makng the f3 wheels fit was like 3 hours.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:21 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

Originally Posted by Raider9170
I think the big issues with the Honads wasn't valve float but more that because of the unicam setup they had some weird *** valve angles. We pulled a crf450 and yzf450 apart in the spring and compared while they were apart, definate difference.

The uni cam has nothing to do with the wear of the intake valves. The intake valves are ran directly by the camshaft (shim under bucket design) just like every other motocross 4 stroke out there. Nothing is different between the intake valve mechanism of the Honda verses the other 4 strokes. It is the exhaust set-up thats different as it of course is ran by a rocker arm (unicam) and this rocker is ran off a separate lobe than what acctuates the intake valves.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:52 PM

Stunter-X is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wonderbread
Those were the older four stroke mx bikes from honda. LIke 04 and older, they sucked the valves right into the cylinder. The newer ones are better.
I had an older Honda XR dirtbike and that thing lasted all the way up until I wrecked. Hondas suck when you hit a fence in a cow pasture at night at full speed.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:41 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

XR's are bullet proof.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:08 PM

Do you guys know where I can get the stock CRF 450 springs?
Mine has Pro Action Suspension, Its setup for a 200+ lb. rider.
I need to get the stock ones rated for a 150lb. rider.

Kinda left field but it does'nt hurt to ask.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:00 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

I rode a motarded out 450 this weekend, WOW. Just wow. That thing is fn' scary fast.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:00 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

LOL my answer for everything is EBAY...Id say you can get front and rear springs for 40-60 bucks...plus you can sell your existing springs and get your money back....good luck

Quick Reply: i love my life