New

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 04:03 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all
Re: New

Originally Posted by KX125racer13
send me your email and ill send it to you.w/pics

PM sent
Old 03-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person

Originally Posted by letsride
^^she got paid to say that. watch out

No, I have a Craft helmet to and its GREEEAAAAT:YEAH
I WISH I got paid to, lol! That would be niiiice.

im broke
so i dont have hundeds and hundreds to sepnd
Raptor $170. Believe me, I bought a cheap HJC as my first helmet, and it has NOT stood up to the abuse I've given it, you get what you pay for and a helmet is not the thing to go cheap on!!!!! The extra MAYBE $50 is soooooooooo worth it 1st time your noggin meets the pavement!! I can't stress it enough!
Old 03-04-2007, 04:40 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

lol
letsride i sent those pics and that **** to you

I didnt get them
Old 03-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

ADD: Actually, since Craft is ECE certified (FAR superior to Snell, especially when you check out each's respective testing methods.. it's almost comical!), it's one of those rare situations in which you actually get MORE than you paid for honestly.
Ok, I'm too lazy to field the questions anyone might have about what that's all about, so bear with me for a lil cut & paste ejumacation for a sec, it's actualy pretty interesting stuff. Ok maybe only if you're a geek like me.

Gah, I really SHOULD sell the ******* shouldn't I?? LMAO

ARE CRAFT HELMETS SNELL RATED?

Craft helmets carry ECE and DOT Certification. We do not bother to have Snell Test them. Snell is a Company in the US that Charges helmet companies to test helmets. Our helmets are approved for World Superbike and Moto GP. Craft helmets Exceed Snell guidelines and Craft coming from Europe sees no reason to pay Snell for their sticker.

If you would like to read more about the different certifications please go to Web Bike World. They are kind of the Consumer Reports for the motorcycle world. Unlike Snell They do not charge for their reviews. Here is a good place for you to start reading.

More Information...

Here is their review on our helmets.

ACU GOLD DESCRIPTION

The ACU Gold sticker has been recognized by many worldwide motorcycle racing governance bodies as a high-level helmet safety standard for motorcycle racing; many of those organizations will only allow motorcycle racers to use helmets with the ACU Gold sticker.
More Information...
ECE 22.05

Helmets certified to the ECE 22.05 standard are approved for competition events by AMA, CCS, FIM, Formula-USA and WERA and are chosen by nearly every professional motorcycle racers competing in world championship road racing, motocross and off road events, including the ultimate sport of Moto GP. Helmets that are certified to both DOT and ECE 22.05 offer the highest level of realistic protection with the added benefit of light weight for day-long comfort and rider performance.
More Information...
Old 03-04-2007, 04:42 PM

nevermind got put in with spam mail

Ca we ride in those huge fields and are there any jumps in the pits?

We can ride right from your house?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

By the way... VERY interesting stuff about SNELL for those actually interested!!!

This letter was published in the Motorcycle Product News magazine... betcha didn't know all this about Snell, I sure didn't until this intriguing & frustrating info was brought to my attention:

To whom it may Concern,

Snell Memorial Foundation (SMF) Not to Be confused with us at SMF Cycles.
Is a Priviate held Non for profit Foundation ( This does not mean they don't make money it just means the shareholders get the profits at the end of the year so the company shows none! )
States that helmet manufacturers can voluntarily submit their helmets for testing and Snell Approval.

Voluntary is a rather loose word because Snell Charges $1000 per helmet tested and .60 cent for every helmet sold with their sticker on it. I wonder where all this money goes in that non for profit foundation? Injured Riders Fund? or Shareholders profits? I would like to know but the foundation is Private not public so they don't have to share with us.

They do carry a lot of weight though. The NHRA will not let you race unless you wear a helmet with a Snell sticker on the back. This is kind of sad but true that I can go to Walmart, and buy an open face Bell helmet with a Snell sticker on the back then go Drag race Top Fuel.
Yet the NHRA will not allow any Rider/Driver with a non Snell helmet regardless of what designation it has on it race.
I represent Craft Helmets here in the United States and we constantly get complaints from racers for us to do something about it. Some Racers actually go through Tech wear a 20 year old Snell approved helmet and then switch to one of ours before they race.
Craft helmets are DOT, ECE 22-05 and ACU gold.What does this mean? Many of these tests are stricter then Snell They just don't cost as much for the Helmet manufacturer.
Helmets certified to the ECE 22.05 standard are approved for competition events by AMA, CCS, FIM, Formula-USA and WERA and are chosen by nearly every professional motorcycle racers competing in world championship road racing, motocross and off road events, including the ultimate sport of Moto GP. Helmets that are certified to both DOT and ECE 22.05 offer the highest level of realistic protection with the added benefit of light weight for day-long comfort and rider performance. (Web Bike World)
But no to the NHRA, Strange Ether the NHRA has its head in its pants of in Snell pockets.
This is my opinion!
You figure it out!

Regards,
Chris Schreiber
SMF Cycles
www.SMFCYCLES.COM
770-632-6511
Old 03-04-2007, 04:55 PM

yeah we go from my house wich is right acroos the strwet from the feild,then theres like 5-6 trails and then we just go to those places by the trails.hey whats your name/.

pat you?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Valeska
By the way... VERY interesting stuff about SNELL for those actually interested!!!

This letter was published in the Motorcycle Product News magazine... betcha didn't know all this about Snell, I sure didn't until this intriguing & frustrating info was brought to my attention:

To whom it may Concern,

Snell Memorial Foundation (SMF) Not to Be confused with us at SMF Cycles.
Is a Priviate held Non for profit Foundation ( This does not mean they don't make money it just means the shareholders get the profits at the end of the year so the company shows none! )
States that helmet manufacturers can voluntarily submit their helmets for testing and Snell Approval.

Voluntary is a rather loose word because Snell Charges $1000 per helmet tested and .60 cent for every helmet sold with their sticker on it. I wonder where all this money goes in that non for profit foundation? Injured Riders Fund? or Shareholders profits? I would like to know but the foundation is Private not public so they don't have to share with us.

They do carry a lot of weight though. The NHRA will not let you race unless you wear a helmet with a Snell sticker on the back. This is kind of sad but true that I can go to Walmart, and buy an open face Bell helmet with a Snell sticker on the back then go Drag race Top Fuel.
Yet the NHRA will not allow any Rider/Driver with a non Snell helmet regardless of what designation it has on it race.
I represent Craft Helmets here in the United States and we constantly get complaints from racers for us to do something about it. Some Racers actually go through Tech wear a 20 year old Snell approved helmet and then switch to one of ours before they race.
Craft helmets are DOT, ECE 22-05 and ACU gold.What does this mean? Many of these tests are stricter then Snell They just don't cost as much for the Helmet manufacturer.
Helmets certified to the ECE 22.05 standard are approved for competition events by AMA, CCS, FIM, Formula-USA and WERA and are chosen by nearly every professional motorcycle racers competing in world championship road racing, motocross and off road events, including the ultimate sport of Moto GP. Helmets that are certified to both DOT and ECE 22.05 offer the highest level of realistic protection with the added benefit of light weight for day-long comfort and rider performance. (Web Bike World)
But no to the NHRA, Strange Ether the NHRA has its head in its pants of in Snell pockets.
This is my opinion!
You figure it out!

Regards,
Chris Schreiber
SMF Cycles
www.SMFCYCLES.COM
770-632-6511

Do you mean Non profit? if not whats Non for profit.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Ok my posts got deleted, sorry to any I inadvertently offended, wasn't trying to sell them or anything, I get nothing if anyone ever buys one so there was nothing to be gained by me, just posting up some educational material on the different ratings that I found extremely enlightening & intersting and thought others might as well. Guess ya'll gotta do your research yourselves! I just did mine cuz I'm a geek like that, and shared it for ya cuz I know most of you are lazy like that. I am most of the time too, I admit I too often rely on SL for my self-educating on too many things, LOL

EDIT: Oh weird... posts re-appeared... Gah I'm confoozed! lol
Old 03-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

LOL thanks, they just disappeared briefly so I was worried I had stepped on some modular toes or something somehow.

Ok boys, I'm done with my piece, I shall let you all go on with your play-date arangements! jk
Have fun & be safe!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Yeah actually I got that guy's demo cd right here, LOL! He was at the Indy moto convention promoting himself & handing out cd's. Jesse & I were talking about how it's actually kinda clever, you don't even have to be very good, just tap a market that no one else has & write a song about it, cuz you know your **** will be all over all the videos & myspace pages for a while, lol! If I wasn't so lazy & hopelessly addicted to wasting my potential productive time on SL I could be raking in my mils yo, from that chihuahua lovers song just waiting for me to write it.. cuz you know that **** would be all over half the stupid "my dog is so cute!" video compilations on YouTube... LMAO