did you ever

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:51 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person
did you ever

have a fear of wheelies after loop?

...be4 i looped i was REALLY close to getting down balance point(or i think i was)...i was doing really high wheelies(according to ppl watchin)....then i think i got over-confident looped out.

after i fixed up my bike, i went out to practice wheelies this Saturday...every time it got to like a 9...or sometimes even 8, i just automatically closed the throttle....but slowly as the day went by, i got more back into it but theres still that fear....tho i still cant do what i did before the loop.

did this happen to any of you? and if so...
how long did it take you to get back in the game?
Old 02-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Regular StuntLifer

wheeliefreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: did you ever

crashing either makes or breaks you.
but you being back on the bike is a step in the right direction.
keep at it and you will regain your confidence.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:32 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Fall.. get back up. Fix your **** and ride some more... that's how it goes in this sport.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:37 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wheeliefreak
crashing either makes or breaks you.
but you being back on the bike is a step in the right direction.
keep at it and you will regain your confidence.
+1, it made me.... it happened to me before i learned brake control and it did two things for me.... made me think one tha.... wow loopin isn't so bad.... and two it showed me JUST how far i could go before looping.... use it to your advantage... pain goes away and parts are replacable... now go practice some more
Old 02-26-2007, 01:59 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

work on that brake control, other wise its always gonna be scary to you
Old 02-26-2007, 02:00 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

i have never been afraid of wheelies but if anything my first loop made mme less worried
Old 02-26-2007, 02:03 PM
N/A

There is "looping" which means you totally lost control and usually the bike went over backwards at like 30mph and above. And then there is just "crashing" where you are not going that fast and when you fall it's like falling off a skateboard at like 20mph.

Personally... I've never looped a bike, but I've crashed a couple of times that made me realize I wasn't even close to wrecking like 90% of my first wheelies, even though it sure felt like it.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:13 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
There is "looping" which means you totally lost control and usually the bike went over backwards at like 30mph and above. And then there is just "crashing" where you are not going that fast and when you fall it's like falling off a skateboard at like 20mph.

Personally... I've never looped a bike, but I've crashed a couple of times that made me realize I wasn't even close to wrecking like 90% of my first wheelies, even though it sure felt like it.

falling off a skateboard at 20mph?!

That should be compaired to looping on the highway haha, cause 20mph on a skateboard is FAST
Old 02-26-2007, 02:21 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I looped at like 50 mph and it just made me realize that looping is not that bad. Now I do not care so much, if it happens it happens. In my opinion, if you are scared of crashing you will not get much better. You just gotta say **** it and go for it, this is where it helps to gave 2 bikes. :YEAH
Old 02-26-2007, 04:11 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by Towlieee
falling off a skateboard at 20mph?!

That should be compaired to looping on the highway haha, cause 20mph on a skateboard is FAST
I'm saying if you are going downhill or something and you fall off. 20mph really isn't that fast... most humans can run 10mph or so at a pretty fast pace, not quite sprinting but not a jog.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:17 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

Originally Posted by Mikeith
.... and two it showed me JUST how far i could go before looping.... use it to your advantage... pain goes away and parts are replacable... now go practice some more
well, when i looped, i thought i was no where as high as i really was. i thought i was like at a 10...11 max.