Pointers on hand brake.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 10:32 PM

Rigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Pointers on hand brake.

I recently got a handbrake and I was wondering if anybody can give me some pointers in how to use it as a beginner. I don't want to jump straight to seat stander since I'm not use to using it and I don't want to fall. Does anybody have any pointers?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:34 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Pointers on hand brake.

can you catch idle in a sit down or stand up wheelie
Old 02-22-2007, 10:42 PM

Guru is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
can you catch idle in a sit down or stand up wheelie

i would say

umm probably not!!!

im so glad i bought the wheelie button from hai!!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

well since he hasn't responded i will say this learn to use your rear brake foot till you can do a nice slow wheelie with out having to use the throttle once your up , then using the hand brake will be very easy you should be able to make the transfer in one good day of trying ...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:00 PM

Snipes20 is an unknown quantity at this point

well since he hasn't responded i will say this learn to use your rear brake foot till you can do a nice slow wheelie with out having to use the throttle once your up , then using the hand brake will be very easy you should be able to make the transfer in one good day of trying ...
+1.....learn the pedal first and then the HB
Old 02-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

I've had my handbrake in the box for 3 months...... hard enough learnin the footbrake but to each is own or somethin like that!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rigo
I recently got a handbrake

Does anybody have any pointers?

yeah try to scrape highchair with no helmet it's easier then it looks....
Old 02-22-2007, 11:43 PM

Guru is a decent person

great advice!!!!!

listen to the old fart
Old 02-23-2007, 01:53 AM

kirk newcomer is a decent person

I had one on my old F4i, mostly I think to look cool cause I "needed" to have it. Damn if I could ever find that f'r with so much going on. Crashed quite a few ss. However for 07 no rigged up jobs, got the real deal thanks to Phil at motoheaven. I'm gonna be a HB king, or looser...we'll see.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:58 AM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

once I got regular staggard stand ups down to about 5-10 mph (smooth and consistant) I got a hand brake. I think it has greatly helped my progression. It definitly didn't CAUSE me to crash any SS.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:47 AM

Yeah, I got my standups pretty good and I know how to use the pedal, its just that I couldn't get the handbrake but its mostly the setup. I'm having trouble adjusting the clutch and hb in a comfortable position.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:56 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I got my standups pretty good and I know how to use the pedal, its just that I couldn't get the handbrake but its mostly the setup. I'm having trouble adjusting the clutch and hb in a comfortable position.
Come out to the Target spot tomorrow, I'll set it up
Old 02-24-2007, 10:10 AM
also known as OMR

well there you go......
it's going to sound funny but i learned the handbrake by doing a ss , i was already doing them before i had a hand brake so it was pretty easy that way....
Old 02-24-2007, 11:59 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I recently got a handbrake and I was wondering if anybody can give me some pointers in how to use it as a beginner. I don't want to jump straight to seat stander since I'm not use to using it and I don't want to fall. Does anybody have any pointers?
If you don't want to fall then you better quit now.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:00 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

well there you go......
it's going to sound funny but i learned the handbrake by doing a ss , i was already doing them before i had a hand brake so it was pretty easy that way....
yea, I was slowing down all off the peg stuff way before i got a handbrake so the transition was easy:YEAH
Old 02-25-2007, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by inolen
Come out to the Target spot tomorrow, I'll set it up
Whats up Anthony, what time do you normally go to the target spot?