Just an FYI for everyone...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:14 AM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point
Just an FYI for everyone...

If you leave your bike outside, under a tarp, for 2 months and don't start your bike IT'S A PAIN IN THE ****** *** TO GET IT STARTED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Spent 3 hours last night trying to flush out all of the old fuel in my bike and it still won't start up, just kind of turns over and sputters out... it's getting better but the injectors are full of gunk and it's a bitch trying to get them clean.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:32 AM

Willybeen is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Just an FYI for everyone...

plugs?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:52 AM
N/A

nah, changed em out.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:06 AM

Stunter-X is an unknown quantity at this point

the best thing you can do to make your bike last is change the oil regularly and start it up every so often. the worst thing you can do is just let it sit.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:17 AM
N/A

Originally Posted by UpOnNone
the best thing you can do to make your bike last is change the oil regularly and start it up every so often. the worst thing you can do is just let it sit.
Yea, and that's exactly what I did. This has been one of the worst winters in Colorado history and it sat outside all winter under a tarp and I didn't start it for 2 months. I swapped out the gas last night and poured gas down each throttle body and it starts up, then dies... but the more I keep doing this routine the longer it stays running and the easier it is to restart it after all the gas burns up in each cylinder. Once I get it running I'll go ride the living **** out of it and blow everything through.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:22 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

sounds like you got water in your tank....
Old 02-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

Ive never had problems with the GSXR starting after sittin all winter. That sucks thou!
Old 02-20-2007, 11:27 AM

Stunter-X is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah just keep doing what you're doing and check the all the steps that are required to start the engine. i like to start up my bike at least every two weeks and let it run for 10 min during times when i can't go out and ride.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:37 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

throw some fuel additive in there man.....like twice what they recommend.....it'll be fine.....
Old 02-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone use Seafoam?
Old 02-20-2007, 12:00 PM
N/A

I probably did get water in it, I'll try that additive. Maybe a fuel injector cleaner or something, but I just have to keep working the crud through it.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
If you leave your bike outside, under a tarp, for 2 months and don't start your bike IT'S A PAIN IN THE ****** *** TO GET IT STARTED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Spent 3 hours last night trying to flush out all of the old fuel in my bike and it still won't start up, just kind of turns over and sputters out... it's getting better but the injectors are full of gunk and it's a bitch trying to get them clean.
http://www.goldeagle.com/sta-bil/ Next time....
Old 02-20-2007, 12:03 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

just drain the tank and then just keep it running for a minute by putting gas in the throttle bodies and that should do it....
Old 02-20-2007, 12:12 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by NINER
Wish I knew that before the winter....
Old 02-20-2007, 01:06 PM

theteacher929 is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy fuel stabilizer next time. It should last that long
Old 02-20-2007, 01:10 PM

theteacher929 is an unknown quantity at this point

It took mine a mintue to start up last night I hadn't ridden in 2 weeks. ethanol fuel breaks down really fast. it ran like gahbage till i filled it up.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:11 PM

txmotox is an unknown quantity at this point

i left my 600rr in the garage all winter and it started right up... you just have problems it sounds like..
Old 02-20-2007, 01:12 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

just make sure you do not foul a plug while trying to start it. i did that **** once with a 900rr. i put new plugs in and then took the carbs off and cleaned everything real good. after putting the carbs back on it still would not run clean. i thought i had messed somthing up with the carbs, so after taking them off again and finding nothing wrong i decided to check the new plugs that i had just put in and there it was. i hard lesson learned.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:14 PM
N/A

Yours was in a garage, mine was outside under a tarp in weather that fluctuated 40+ degrees not to mention I think condensation built up in the gas tank pretty badly. I should have started it weekly but I didn't.

Quick Reply: Just an FYI for everyone...