Just an FYI for everyone...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:31 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Re: Just an FYI for everyone...

make sure that fuel pressure reg isnt bad either(pull the vaccum side and make sure fuel doesnt pour out
Old 02-20-2007, 01:41 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Yours was in a garage, mine was outside under a tarp in weather that fluctuated 40+ degrees not to mention I think condensation built up in the gas tank pretty badly. I should have started it weekly but I didn't.

ahh outside temps had to have killed ya, or maybe the fuel injection

I left my old fzr sitting around for over a year, with year old gas and oil.. Started right up after a year. But it stays in the garage
Old 02-20-2007, 01:59 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

my f4i sat outside at an impound yard for almost 6 months in the rain without a tarp

and it started right up. cranked over for 2 seconds instead of .5 seconds
sounded shitty for the first minute or 2 then got fine
Old 02-20-2007, 04:49 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know why it's not start but I swear it's partially the weather and partially the altitude. I just have to keep working the crap out... it should be fine.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:01 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Put dry gas in it
Old 02-20-2007, 05:09 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by letsride
Put dry gas in it
Dry gas?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:10 PM

karrot-x is an unknown quantity at this point

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_gas
Old 02-20-2007, 05:22 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by karrot-x
Well no ****... thanks for the lesson.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:28 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

hahaha who hasn't heard of dry gas..lol

dry gas is better for a car when you probably are not gonna take the tank out and drain it ,on a bike it's just to easy to get all the gas and or water out of the tank...and dry gas can raise the octain to an un safe level so i wouldn't use much if any...
Old 02-20-2007, 05:30 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

dry gas works on anything. Its for gas with water in it. Buy it
Old 02-20-2007, 05:31 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

why when you can drain it so easy ?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
why when you can drain it so easy ?

Na I would just drain it to. but if he puts dry gas in he can he wont waste his shitty old gas
Old 02-20-2007, 06:21 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by letsride
Na I would just drain it to. but if he puts dry gas in he can he wont waste his shitty old gas
HAHA... I'll pay the $2.39 for a gallon of 91 octane. Might break the bank, but I'll try and manage!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:54 PM

jdarwin is a decent person

You all have me worried now...my bike is outside...its been about a month and a half since I rode...oil was just changed and gas is full, but still worried....
Old 02-20-2007, 07:26 PM

shortburb is an unknown quantity at this point

i would take tank off and shake it around for a min to get all the condensation off the top of the tank the drain it...the measure out some BG44k and run a tank or 2 through it.....fuel injectors have tiny tiny orifices (orify?) so if they start to gum up then it sucks.....
Old 02-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Gas floats, water sinks.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:27 AM
N/A

Got her started and flogged the **** out of it. Runs like a champ again, just had to give her some TLC to bring her back to life.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:54 AM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Got her started and flogged the **** out of it. Runs like a champ again, just had to give her some TLC to bring her back to life.
Way to go! I didn't know about dry gas either.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:55 AM
also known as OMR

wow i would have thought any one living in the noth would have heard of it

Quick Reply: Just an FYI for everyone...