brembo 16x18 master hard to pull????

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 12:57 PM

Mack-A-Billy is a decent person
Re: brembo 16x18 master hard to pull????

Originally Posted by Manny
Guess: Are they Galfers?
the rears are EBC's... haha the front are galfers but those work good...but thats really dosen't explain the hard foot brake? why does it take so much foot pressure to lock it up? i mean isn't not having air what you wanted?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:03 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you don't want air in your brakes it makes it un predictable....

having to push hard on the brake either means mechanical failure[ie bent parts or bad caliper or master] or your pads are not gripping ,like we said make sure the pads and rotor are clean and make sure you break in your new pads.....
Old 02-20-2007, 01:10 PM

Mack-A-Billy is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
you don't want air in your brakes it makes it un predictable....

having to push hard on the brake either means mechanical failure[ie bent parts or bad caliper or master] or your pads are not gripping ,like we said make sure the pads and rotor are clean and make sure you break in your new pads.....
ok well i'll try riding it around for a bit today to see if it gets any better...but i've still heard that, that brembo MC is suppose to be soft and easy to pull with one finger???
Old 02-20-2007, 01:18 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

don't f4 i's have a sliding single piston caliper ? if they do then make sure your caliper is moving back and forth freely, just back off your brake pads so they are not touching the rotor and see if you can slide your caliper back and forth ....

if not then that could be your problem ,just take off the caliper and clean and lube all the slide post and the holes they go in and that should fix that....

another way to see if it isn't sliding is if the old pads you took off were worn very un even like one pad looks almost new and the other is gone...
Old 02-20-2007, 01:58 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

check that the lever is installed correctly at the master, on my cbr1krr master wit hai/adapter i had the lil ball joint cup that the piston sits in on the lever was spun so it was permentatly dragging. i replaced calipers, masters everything till i took the lever off my stock 1krr and realized wut was fucked up...neway hopefully thats it, check ur caliper slides and the piston to make sure it is working properly also.....