Got circles - Got questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person
Re: Got circles - Got questions

Originally Posted by T-NECK
nope. all the same idle. be light on the rear brake.

Well I've seen yours in person and they are smooth as hell. That's kinda what i;m lookin for just a little faster. I got a 60 tooth so i may try about 3k + or -
( I have no tach)

I'm gonna try to put up a clip saturday, pickin up my camera tommorow. yall give a little feedback

Seems like i could get more in consistantly with my idle low and lots of blips in the past tho. I've gotten a few SS with the throttle nearly locking my wrist and they were fun, fast and smooth just bad about wanting to highside but i'm gettin better at slippin the clutch with HB. thats gotta be some of the key for ultimate control cause sometimes i can get almost a full rotation SS with the clutch completely in just gotta get smoother on the release.

Has anybody ever noticed what kinda idle A.C. runs?

Not to be skippin around with sparatic thought or anything
Old 02-20-2007, 01:19 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by THORPE
Well I've seen yours in person and they are smooth as hell. That's kinda what i;m lookin for just a little faster. I got a 60 tooth so i may try about 3k + or -
( I have no tach)

I'm gonna try to put up a clip saturday, pickin up my camera tommorow. yall give a little feedback

Seems like i could get more in consistantly with my idle low and lots of blips in the past tho. I've gotten a few SS with the throttle nearly locking my wrist and they were fun, fast and smooth just bad about wanting to highside but i'm gettin better at slippin the clutch with HB. thats gotta be some of the key for ultimate control cause sometimes i can get almost a full rotation SS with the clutch completely in just gotta get smoother on the release.

Has anybody ever noticed what kinda idle A.C. runs?

Not to be skippin around with sparatic thought or anything
yeah a little more idle is good with a big gear...alot dependds on your motor as well...there is a such thing as a "strong" motor...just one that sounds and feels a bit more powerful then the next...but its all trial and error.

and for the record, AC runs HUGE gearing, and from riding with him at the local spots, I can tell you his idle is SCREAMING.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:08 AM

VINNYRISK is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that info cause my gixxer sucks on idle...now ill just crank thAAT **** UP ! MY GEAR IS LIKE 2OR3 DOWN AND 11 UP ...I DO SOME OF MY **** IN SECOND..AND SOMETIMES I HAVE BEEN DOING SECOND GEAR CIRCLES ANYONE TRY THAT?
Old 02-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by VINNYRISK
thanks for that info cause my gixxer sucks on idle...now ill just crank thAAT **** UP ! MY GEAR IS LIKE 2OR3 DOWN AND 11 UP ...I DO SOME OF MY **** IN SECOND..AND SOMETIMES I HAVE BEEN DOING SECOND GEAR CIRCLES ANYONE TRY THAT?
good times there! john legion has been known to rip a few 2nd gear wide O's I believe...
Old 02-20-2007, 08:33 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

and for the record, AC runs HUGE gearing, and from riding with him at the local spots, I can tell you his idle is SCREAMING.
+1 .... but he also murders nh O's
Old 02-20-2007, 09:01 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by VINNYRISK
i do second gear ss combo circles and ralph louies when some one gives me **** about my big sprocket..lol
Old 02-20-2007, 09:17 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

good times there! john legion has been known to rip a few 2nd gear wide O's I believe...
It's been known to happen :YEAH

I have the same gearing at T-neck (stock front, +10 rear) and I run my idle anywhere between 2500-2900.

Circles are an experience trick, the more you do them, the more comfortable you become with them, the better you can do them, and that goes for all styles.

no matter your style, to have them "locked", you can't be afraid to use the throttle, brake, and body language to move/control the bike. I love using my throttle for circles!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Thread Killer!!!

yeah a little more idle is good with a big gear...alot dependds on your motor as well...there is a such thing as a "strong" motor...just one that sounds and feels a bit more powerful then the next...but its all trial and error.

That's what i was lookin for. I'm 6o in the rear and i think 1 down in the front (Bought it that way)

I got an 05 636 with the kleen air mod so the motor is strong no doubt.

I'm gonna try to bump up my idle saturday and post up some vid for input.

I do some 2nd gear o's SS & FIB too and they are fun
Old 02-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Thread Killer!!!

Originally Posted by John LegionST
It's been known to happen :YEAH

I have the same gearing at T-neck (stock front, +10 rear) and I run my idle anywhere between 2500-2900.

Circles are an experience trick, the more you do them, the more comfortable you become with them, the better you can do them, and that goes for all styles.

no matter your style, to have them "locked", you can't be afraid to use the throttle, brake, and body language to move/control the bike. I love using my throttle for circles!!!
I agree, not afraid of any of that here actually i love hittin the gas I just can't find that sweet spot yet.

Thanks for everybodies input so far
Old 02-20-2007, 03:27 PM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point

is there an advantage to doing circles with a high idle?????
Old 02-20-2007, 03:28 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yes you can concintrate on your braking and body position and not have to worry about chopping the throttle
Old 02-20-2007, 04:40 PM

LilJohn636 is an unknown quantity at this point

opinion? more important....throttle or body position?
Old 02-20-2007, 04:44 PM

LilJohn636 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a bad problem with letting mine fall in to far and i cant get it back up without giving it so much damn throttle that it wants to highside...when i say fall in i mean front tire into the circle not out of balance..to far sideways....anyway...i think its my body position and i just cant keep it from falling in....
Old 02-20-2007, 05:04 PM

CARNAHKT is an unknown quantity at this point

I typically run my idle at about 2-3000 but when doing fast wide circles it doesnt matter because your at 5 to 10000 rpm's unless your in second or third gear. fast circles for the most part are all throttle and no idle