My heavy, unique stunt piece......

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:34 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about
My heavy, unique stunt piece......

Well, after much thought, I decided to say **** it, I bought an '01 yamaha FZ1. I know it's heavy, I know............Its an FZ1. I figured for my first true stunt bike, it doesn't really matter. I plan on learning to twelve and do circles, then I'm just gonna sell it as a stunt bike for cheap. I assume that if I learn everything technical on this heavy, carburated bike, then when I get a nice, light, injected machine it should step up my game. I'm stoked, it's something else to beat up instead of my R1. What do ya think, I picked it up for $2,000.I'll post a pic when the site's not broken........
Old 02-18-2007, 09:36 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough
Re: My heavy, unique stunt piece......

Good luck.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:40 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks! My motivation is the guys stuntin Harleys out there. An FZ1 has GOT to be easier to stunt than a Hog......
Old 02-18-2007, 09:40 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
I assume that if I learn everything technical on this heavy, carburated bike, then when I get a nice, light, injected machine it should step up my game. ..
Thats actually the opposite of how it goes

The reality is that the wrong bike will hold you back, while everyone else progresses and leaves you behind. Then when you get the right bike, you are miles further down the learning curve and it will take you just as long to catch up.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:44 PM

Well, I'll just have to burn a bowl, and watch everyone take off! I stunt purely for personal enjoyment, not tryin to keep up w/ anyone. If I can hit twelves and do circles, I'm stoked.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:10 PM

Well, I'll just have to burn a bowl, and watch everyone take off! I stunt purely for personal enjoyment, not tryin to keep up w/ anyone. If I can hit twelves and do circles, I'm stoked.

+1. Wish I could still smoke.

Although it would probably be better for you to have a smaller, lighter bike.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:22 PM

Yeah, I'm just not patient enough. I want something stunt-ready when the summer hits. The FZ1 is just going to be this years stunt piece. I can do it!

Last edited by Righteous 1; 02-18-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:49 PM

Yeah, I'm just not patient enough. I want something stunt-ready when the summer hits. The FZ1 is just going to be this years stunt piece. I can do it!

I feel you bro, I wanted to stunt somthing other than my 929 but I couldn't afford anything else and I was too impatient to wait.
I don't care now, I'm having fun and thats all that matters.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:36 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person

you could have found a F4i stunted out allready or something similar for $2g's.... especially if your just gona "use it to learn on and sell it cheap". i always found that GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT! watch someone will be coming around with a deal of a lifetime (im talking a bike that 12s and does O's on it's own ) and now you got a beast!
Old 02-19-2007, 01:14 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

Well, after much thought, I decided to say **** it, I bought an '01 yamaha FZ1. I know it's heavy, I know............Its an FZ1. I figured for my first true stunt bike, it doesn't really matter. I plan on learning to twelve and do circles, then I'm just gonna sell it as a stunt bike for cheap. I assume that if I learn everything technical on this heavy, carburated bike, then when I get a nice, light, injected machine it should step up my game. I'm stoked, it's something else to beat up instead of my R1. What do ya think, I picked it up for $2,000.I'll post a pic when the site's not broken........
hogs weren't ment to be stunted, you say bay riders do a few things on hog's, but u also see bay stunters hog's in the shop getting motors rebuillt or replaced. oh and the bay area is the areas surrounding the sanfransisco bay area. it's more then a played up expression, it's a geological land mass.

Thanks! My motivation is the guys stuntin Harleys out there. An FZ1 has GOT to be easier to stunt than a Hog......
*see above*

Originally Posted by MikeM
Thats actually the opposite of how it goes

The reality is that the wrong bike will hold you back, while everyone else progresses and leaves you behind. Then when you get the right bike, you are miles further down the learning curve and it will take you just as long to catch up.
+10_
Old 02-19-2007, 01:19 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

If I can hit twelves and do circles, I'm stoked.
for now.

but when the addiction kicks in you will be wanting to move up and then the list is endless
Old 02-19-2007, 01:40 AM

I understand all of your points, I just know of several stunters who learned on big, awkward bikes.(TL1000S, Superhawks) I know the FZ1 is a better begining platform to stunt than either of those machines, so there's no reason my big 6'2", 230 pound *** can't manuever that FZ around. Also, I WILL be buying a newer 600 this next winter, this is just something for me to beat up and learn on instead of the minty R1.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:47 AM

See below, computer's ****** w/ me..........

Last edited by Righteous 1; 02-19-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:49 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

I understand all of your points, I just know of several stunters who learned on big, awkward bikes.(TL1000S, Superhawks) I know the FZ1 is a better begining platform to stunt than either of those machines, so there's no reason my big 6'2", 230 pound *** can't manuever that FZ around. Also, I WILL be buying a newer 600 this next winter, this is just something for me to beat up and learn on instead of the minty R1.
rock what ya got homie.... i would rock the FZ1 also, just because of the comfortable positioning.... but once i got the standard wheelies and seatstanders on lock.... the R1 would have to show me what it's got

that is if you can't do a wheelie already, but that R1 aint gonna be minty too much longer.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by E RacK
hogs weren't ment to be stunted, you say bay riders do a few things on hog's, but u also see bay stunters hog's in the shop getting motors rebuillt or replaced. oh and the bay area is the areas surrounding the sanfransisco bay area. it's more then a played up expression, it's a geological land mass.

*see above*

+10_
I never said anything about the Bay. No bikes MEANT to be stunted, although some work better than others. V-twins are notorious for oil stavation, and thanks for the geography lesson.....
Old 02-19-2007, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by SYTFU_R6
rock what ya got homie.... i would rock the FZ1 also, just because of the comfortable positioning.... but once i got the standard wheelies and seatstanders on lock.... the R1 would have to show me what it's got

that is if you can't do a wheelie already, but that R1 aint gonna be minty too much longer.
Yeah, It's going to be my first REAL stunt bike. I have sit-downs and stand-ups on lock on the R1, I can slow 'em down and what not, I just can't bring myself to pancake it out tryin a circle or 12. Figured I'ld get a beater bike for that, and the FZ1 has the same power characteristics, so.......**** it. The FZ1 it is.Did you see my post earlier about "SF area, ridin tonight", I was hopin you'ld see it, but noone replied.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:10 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

wise words of Erack

good **** tho JOSH! 2 geez is not bad at all for a liter bike .. but like i was sayin theyre kinda ugly but they haul hella ***.. when i had my f4 i got roooasted by one on the highway and the twisties..

post pics!! and its carbd???
Old 02-19-2007, 03:15 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

make sure you make plenty of vids!
Old 02-19-2007, 03:55 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
wise words of Erack

good **** tho JOSH! 2 geez is not bad at all for a liter bike .. but like i was sayin theyre kinda ugly but they haul hella ***.. when i had my f4 i got roooasted by one on the highway and the twisties..

post pics!! and its carbd???
depends on the year, it usually stays on par with the R1 technology wise.... so if it is a carbed year the fz1 will follow suit.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:34 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

I never said anything about the Bay. No bikes MEANT to be stunted, although some work better than others. V-twins are notorious for oil stavation, and thanks for the geography lesson.....
the bay thing: look at your location. anyways the point i ment about harleys was that sure u can go dumb on a sportster or similar model, and yes people stunt v-twins. my uncle at road dog harley's in modesto talked to me about this last year. (off topic) like honda motors, they make high hp but low torque, harley's make lots of torque on the otherhand and the starving oil combined with powerful strokes are equal to eventual disaster depending on your usage. let me apologize for the off topic joking before n get back to the topic. i see your point about no bikes being meant to be stunted but many bike sales are based on durability, which many people in this forum are day in n day out proving the durability strength and versatility of many bikes, like frree extra R&D testing you know. my point though(however not well stated in my first post) is that for $2,000 on a bike that your going to see and replace anyways with another more costly one, you can search a bit more and find the newer bike already and save some CA$HI$H! and as stated in other posts, the FZ1 is a great tool but will hold you back depending on your focus and goals, but hey if the FZ1's what you want then go for it

Quick Reply: My heavy, unique stunt piece......