What to do? F4i Rearsets...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:31 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice
What to do? F4i Rearsets...

my brake pedal is bent, waaaaay too bent! So I'm wondering if I should just buy another complete right rearset(stock)...or if I should go ahead and order some aftermarket rearsets? I'm kinda cheap this month, trying to save some cash for a trip. But if I have to I'll buy some aftermarket rearsets. Also if I should go aftermarket, what kinds? Woodcraft, pro tek, vortex?

Short version: F4i stock rearsets, or aftermarket?
Old 02-18-2007, 09:42 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: What to do? F4i Rearsets...

use f3 rearsets cuz theyre cheap and you can make them fit... enough
Old 02-18-2007, 09:43 PM

CARNAHKT is an unknown quantity at this point

Just get a new brake pedal, but if you need a rearset I would go with stock because they go for about 50 or 60 $ on ebay and I went through about 5 last year because they break so easy. Maybe there are some aftermarket ones that hold up better but theyll probably cost u at least a few hundred $.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:45 PM

liquiddevil2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

well if u drop your bike alot..go for stock..
if u try to take care of it...go for woodcraft...
Old 02-18-2007, 09:47 PM

AsphaltAssault is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kelm
I'mma gonna be rocking vortex ones on mine soon.... =]
I think they are more comfortable for riders that are tall.
dude i would look in to those vortex. i saw marty "ya hurd" from ct shear his brake peddle in two by just using it, not by crashing and they were like 2 weeks old when it happened too. ill try and get a pic so i can show you where on the pedal it sheared.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:49 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by liquiddevil2000
well if u drop your bike alot..go for stock..
if u try to take care of it...go for woodcraft...

Originally Posted by CARNAHKT
Just get a new brake pedal, but if you need a rearset I would go with stock because they go for about 50 or 60 $ on ebay and I went through about 5 last year because they break so easy. Maybe there are some aftermarket ones that hold up better but theyll probably cost u at least a few hundred $.
oh, that pretty much answers my question....guess I'm going with stock! Would hate to have to keep buying expensive rearsets...

Originally Posted by MikeM
use f3 rearsets cuz theyre cheap and you can make them fit... enough
How does that work, are they the same bolt pattern, pretty easy to mount up?
Old 02-18-2007, 09:49 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Woodcraft.......+1
Old 02-18-2007, 11:04 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Cut down your pegs right past the screw that holds on the rubber and you won't break anymore rearsets on the f4i.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by inolen
Cut down your pegs right past the screw that holds on the rubber and you won't break anymore rearsets on the f4i.
+1

i went through 5 sets on my kawi till i got smart and cut those bitches in half!

and if your just your foot pedal brake lever is bent jsut buy a new one. like $20?!
Old 02-19-2007, 12:09 AM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in the same boat. Called Honda they wanted $55.00 for just the brake lever! F-that I got a complete rearset with complete brake master, line, caliper..everything for 35 bucks and 10 to ship. They sell on there cheaper if you get just the lever and peg and what not.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:16 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

+1 then take the rubber off and put grooves in the footpeg with a grinder
Old 02-19-2007, 12:23 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by suicidl
+1 then take the rubber off and put grooves in the footpeg with a grinder
Maybe I should of worded that better.. cut them up to right before the screw that holds the rubber on so that you can retain the rubber. Or is there something I'm missing out on? I've never broken once since cutting them to that point...
Old 02-19-2007, 12:34 AM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kelm
Kane's seems to hold them up pretty well... doesn't he run vortex? Pretty sure he does at least on his 636.

kane is also a professional rider and is probably sponsored by them...
Old 02-19-2007, 12:36 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Maybe I should of worded that better.. cut them up to right before the screw that holds the rubber on so that you can retain the rubber. Or is there something I'm missing out on? I've never broken once since cutting them to that point...
i cut mine down past the screw and put grooves like a dirtbike peg. same rear sets for over a year now
Old 02-19-2007, 12:39 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

yes cut them almost in half
Old 02-19-2007, 01:49 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

cut mine down almost in half havent had any problems since but i hi sided tonight and broke my left passenger rearset **** since i have been practicing circles i have dropped my bike like 100 times my sickinnovations cage is strong. pulled of my first circle yeserday
Old 02-19-2007, 03:28 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

post pic of hwo bent... on my f4 it was bent.. i heatd it up and bent it back to being semi straight... rear sets especially aftermarket ones are farkin pricey!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:15 AM

STICKYstunts is a decent person

There are two steps involved to solve this problem:

1.) Get a Sick Innovations cage.

2.) Actually, thats about it, just get that cage.

Quick Reply: What to do? F4i Rearsets...