prolly the best 636 cage ever made

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 03:18 PM
junki stunts

H-cane is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: prolly the best 636 cage ever made

i will tell you right now. that cage sticks out way to far, think of a "se saw" that thing is going to bend, ill tell you right now those weild are not going to hold. just not enogh penitration i can tell by the weild build it cam out instead of into the meatal. and 2nd throwing a slider in the garage is such a squid move to test somthing.. i will state this.. i am the official SI cage tester down here in fl and i have seen a lot of cages on alot of bikes, i am 1 off if not the guy who has been through the most cages. if someone on here knows me they will say the same. you ride that thing and you send us pics ok
but for you to get on here and say its the best!!! im going to AT YOU and call you a SQUID. that was a dumb statement to make you prety much just ruined your self on here.. no go crash about 20 times get some pics and bring it back so you can try to revive your stunt credit. until then SQUID...
Old 02-17-2007, 03:22 PM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
i can't tell if your joking or not but i realy dont know why they don't make cages like mine...

the way most cages are made today is to bolt the two side together under the bike ,and that lets the cage flex which causes alot of broken stator covers .....

if you break stator covers then why have a cage....

mine is just mild steel and has been feild tested hard ,if it was chromolly it would be indestructable ......
Okay, you can make me a cage. I'll be the official UK tester of Old Man Roger Industries cages.

I'll expect it in the mail in a few weeks time.

Gsxr 600 K1. Many thanks.

(Seriously, I'm a squid, i'll test the **** out of it for you :p)
Old 02-17-2007, 03:30 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by StuntinFoolzJ
i will tell you right now. that cage sticks out way to far, think of a "se saw" that thing is going to bend, ill tell you right now those weild are not going to hold. just not enogh penitration i can tell by the weild build it cam out instead of into the meatal. and 2nd throwing a slider in the garage is such a squid move to test somthing.. i will state this.. i am the official SI cage tester down here in fl and i have seen a lot of cages on alot of bikes, i am 1 off if not the guy who has been through the most cages. if someone on here knows me they will say the same. you ride that thing and you send us pics ok
but for you to get on here and say its the best!!! im going to AT YOU and call you a SQUID. that was a dumb statement to make you prety much just ruined your self on here.. no go crash about 20 times get some pics and bring it back so you can try to revive your stunt credit. until then SQUID...
i have personaly seen james learning high chair circles and yes he does test a cage to it's limmits and yes from what i hear si cages are the ****
Old 02-17-2007, 03:32 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by N.Q.I_Dave
Okay, you can make me a cage. I'll be the official UK tester of Old Man Roger Industries cages.

I'll expect it in the mail in a few weeks time.

Gsxr 600 K1. Many thanks.

(Seriously, I'm a squid, i'll test the **** out of it for you :p)
hahaha i test them just fine all by my self....

but if you send me a plane ticket and free room and board i could come over and build you one for free.....
Old 02-17-2007, 03:52 PM
junki stunts

Originally Posted by old man roger
hahaha i test them just fine all by my self....

but if you send me a plane ticket and free room and board i could come over and build you one for free.....
now thats worth a free cage...
Old 02-17-2007, 05:12 PM

600_rr is an unknown quantity at this point

These aren't very good pics, but you can get an idea of the one he did for my rr. What you can't see under the plastics is what makes the cage strong. The cage actually doesn't mount into the frame at all. There are reinforced plates that sound the frame and then the cage bolts into those plates which disperse the force across more surface area and not directly into a motor mount or such. And yes dillen, i know my screen name isn't very original, i think i'll change it now just for you.

Anyways here's the only pics I have of it, and yes, I have "tested" it. It pancaked once hard and has lowsided 2-3 other times. The sliders aren't pictured, but like previously posted they don't break, just the bolts that mount them. And incase you can't tell, it's the one on the street setup and not the powers cage on the lot bike.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

looks like those front motor mounts are going to get some hell, should have mounted it up to the front motor moutns the way u did the rear. where it is more of a barce style.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:04 PM
junki stunts

i hope with your 1 pancake and 2 high sides is not the test?? i went out "1" night and crashed 37 times with in 2 hours... from along side clutch up loops, HC circle pancakes, 12 o'colock ghost rides, to 360 ghost ride whips. and still tested the cage the next 2 nights. that was just on my SI f4i cage. it wont come off because its so bent but i still ride it cuz its still holding up. ill go to the shop tonight and get some pics. ill show you a cage..

its not that im arguing its that this post said the best cage??? we all want a better cage than the last one. but thes cages havent even been tested to say there the best. and comming from a less experianced rider at that. all this cage talk.. know one cage is the best, ill give you my 2 cents and not bash 1 cage.

905 makes a lighter cage that will give more, meaning if your a better rider you will most likle hold on to the bike longer when its going down taking some of the inpack out of the sinareo. also the cage is a bit softer meaning the cage will take the hit and not the bike so your frame and motor wont be damaged as much.

POWERS makes a good solid cage that will give at the bottom from side to side. after awhile when its worn out it will hit the stator cover. but it will take a hell of a beating till then.

MXD well we havent herd from jeff in awhile so i dont know if he still does the cages dot they are strong and hold up a long time. its just the costomer service that slows his cages from taking off. you can even take your case covers off when working on the bike..

FI well they are strong frame sliders. high speed will bend them so they are not made for the street guys who are learning and go fast. they are great for lot riding and learning circles.

STUNT AID- ebay spicial they are for the stunt rider who doesnt stunt. they will last a little bit and take the abuse but after a weekend or 2 of riding they need to be replaced. you get what you pay for

SI well down here in fl we all run them. we ride year round and 3-6 times a week. hes fast on orders great to talk to and cages are solid. they are close to the frame so they hold up a little longer than the others. the cross bar is in front of the header so it doesnt bottom out when you put the bike in the truck. you can take turns and not scrape. AND they have been tasted by me, so there fool proof,

so dont show me pics on another bike show me how it holds up cuz right now your geting at by 3/4s of the stunt riders in fl. the other 1/4 doesnt know how to even get on SL yet...so pics please
Old 02-17-2007, 07:10 PM

KevinWebster1 is an unknown quantity at this point

where in the **** do you feel you can come off as callin me a squid. maybe the reason youve been through so many SI cages is because they aren't built up strong enough. im really not tryin to get into it in sayin that andys cages are better than SI. but guess what. his design IS better. ive seen the SI 636 cages and you cant street ride on corners at all because the dumbasses have run the cages so far down that they scrape. sounds like an easy way to go down at 90 mph while you are out rollin with your buddies on the street. i can tell you this, i crash a hell of a lot. typically 20 times per session. learnin circles n ****. squids are the fellas that power wheelie all over the place, think they are the ****, and keep their bikes shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny clean cuz they think a clean bike will get the ladies. im out there doin the mile or more highchairs, spreaders, K's, ss, combos, all that ****. basically im sayin, i really liked this cage, i really liked this design, ive seen how his cages have held up on other peoples bikes, and he is a good buddy of mine. is it the best cage for the 636? maybe not, but guess what, its better than some of that high volume production ****. and yea, after i crash that bike a good 100 times, ill put some pics up and show you that it will hold up. dont tell me ive ruined my rep on here, cuz im just gettin started. i said its possibly the best cage ever made...in my eyes.
p.s. learn how to spell. its not weild, its weld. and how am i going to let some guy talk me down that spells metal meatal. go back to school. moron

Last edited by KevinWebster1; 02-17-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:25 PM
junki stunts

your funny. you just got mad at your own post. and its the mentality that makes a squid a squid. so you take it back? that you should have posted "my favioret cage" instead hu maby. so now you just look like an *** you are in no place to make an argument. i help alot of people out im just pised you used that title. but bottom line your right its your favioret cage... just dont sell dreams to people on here. thats what squids do.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:29 PM

sell dreams? now you are bein wierd. tell ya what. im not gunna argue with ya. hows about, if you ever get the chance to come up to kc and ride....give me a shout. and we can go have a street session together. and i guarantee there will be no squiding around. and am i sayin that i am a better rider than you? hell no. i doubt i am, you are prolly way better than me. sorry i used a title that pissed you off. but dont get on here and start talkin trash, i didnt start off by sayin hey guess what SI cages suck *** and this one is the best. so give me a shout if you ever come up here. itll be a good ride.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:38 PM
junki stunts

dude i would love to. and it would be fun as hell to meet you. you sound like a heel of a guy. and you stick up for your self. thats good. hey sorry about my spelling ive never been good at it, its deff one of my weekneses, yes i did go through school, but what ever, its my fault for jumping all over on you. just some of these new people on her have been pissing me off and ive been taking it out on every one. my appoligies, but seriously crash the hell out of it and dont hold back and lets see some pics. cages are expensive. you gota do what you gota do.. if you ever need a cage and want a SI ill hook the player price up on one. just holler..:YEAH
Old 02-17-2007, 07:42 PM

ill put the pics up. not to be an ***....i just wanna prove you wrong...hahhahaha. sounds good though. ill give you a holler if i need a hook up on a cage. my bad for bitchin ya out back. and i forgive you for having spelling problems. ill tutor you if you ever need it. haha. just let me know.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:59 PM
also known as OMR

damn i thought i was gonna puke reading that **** ..are you guys dating now or what .........

j/k ....lol....ps james aint lying about crashing 30 some thing times in one night when he is learning a new trick he is ruthless with his bike....
Old 02-18-2007, 12:15 AM

RazorCycleSport is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope with your 1 pancake and 2 high sides is not the test?? i went out "1" night and crashed 37 times with in 2 hours... from along side clutch up loops, HC circle pancakes, 12 o'colock ghost rides, to 360 ghost ride whips. and still tested the cage the next 2 nights. that was just on my SI f4i cage. it wont come off because its so bent but i still ride it cuz its still holding up. ill go to the shop tonight and get some pics. ill show you a cage..

its not that im arguing its that this post said the best cage??? we all want a better cage than the last one. but thes cages havent even been tested to say there the best. and comming from a less experianced rider at that. all this cage talk.. know one cage is the best, ill give you my 2 cents and not bash 1 cage.

905 makes a lighter cage that will give more, meaning if your a better rider you will most likle hold on to the bike longer when its going down taking some of the inpack out of the sinareo. also the cage is a bit softer meaning the cage will take the hit and not the bike so your frame and motor wont be damaged as much.

POWERS makes a good solid cage that will give at the bottom from side to side. after awhile when its worn out it will hit the stator cover. but it will take a hell of a beating till then.

MXD well we havent herd from jeff in awhile so i dont know if he still does the cages dot they are strong and hold up a long time. its just the costomer service that slows his cages from taking off. you can even take your case covers off when working on the bike..

FI well they are strong frame sliders. high speed will bend them so they are not made for the street guys who are learning and go fast. they are great for lot riding and learning circles.

STUNT AID- ebay spicial they are for the stunt rider who doesnt stunt. they will last a little bit and take the abuse but after a weekend or 2 of riding they need to be replaced. you get what you pay for

SI well down here in fl we all run them. we ride year round and 3-6 times a week. hes fast on orders great to talk to and cages are solid. they are close to the frame so they hold up a little longer than the others. the cross bar is in front of the header so it doesnt bottom out when you put the bike in the truck. you can take turns and not scrape. AND they have been tasted by me, so there fool proof,

so dont show me pics on another bike show me how it holds up cuz right now your geting at by 3/4s of the stunt riders in fl. the other 1/4 doesnt know how to even get on SL yet...so pics please

dude you ain't winning any spelling bees out there are ya?
Old 02-18-2007, 04:20 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

damn......I see an email......check the "reply post" and theres an explosion of haterade all over the thread, a backlash, then return fire......then all the sudden the first stuntlife gay marriage is performed.......DAMN!!! hahaha j/k

I'll vouch for andy's cage. I've seen the 05 636 cage, strong, but can't even trun around....but for Ian's sake I will say its supposed to be a prototype cage, so I'm sure the production model will be up to the standards of his F4i cage!

As far as Kevin "testing cages".....you'll rarely ever see anyone wreck more, the only reason he's only wrecked it that many times is because he's been putting the bike back together all winter after buying it badly wrecked....add to that its been an average temp of 12 degrees outside since New Years.....thats not many chances to ride....I haven't touched my bike since before Christmas (as I shed a tear!)

I've watched Andy, and got vid somewhere, that I'm sure he would like to hold onto (his brother might have it to put in a dvd tho), highside a spreader circle straight to the side of the cage.....the slider bolt sheared and shot the slider over 50'......he picked up the bike, brought it over to where we had a couple handtools, back the broken bolt out, put a new bolt thru the slider and base, bolted it on and was gonna try the trick again, but his elbow looked like a softball.

His cages are really well built, they give where they need to and still put up to alot of crashing without making it overly difficult to take off and put on.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:41 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

nice cage, but those sliders are located too low. Bike will go easily over and destroy the upper and handlebars. same design, but locate the sliders higher and make them just enough long, not too long.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jaket
nice cage, but those sliders are located too low. Bike will go easily over and destroy the upper and handlebars. same design, but locate the sliders higher and make them just enough long, not too long.
trust me man....it won't roll. We actually measured and made the slider about a 1/2" long to allow for the slider to grind down over time sot he more Kevin crashes (knowing him, it'll be alot ) the closer to perfect they'll get. With no sliders on I had to push and use my body weight (250lbs) to roll the bike over the cage. And with no sliders, because the bike is tall and skiiny I think, the bike will lean all the way over to where the only things touching are the axle nut and the cage.....with the sliders on there the slider and very edge of the rear tire touch.

Kevin, you really should get some pics riding it, and some pics of the bike on its side showing it a lil better............. hm 54 degrees monday, and I got a camera!!!!!!! wheelies should be made!
Old 02-18-2007, 11:03 AM

dillen i dont think we can ride together anymore. im so hurt now that everyone thinks i am gay. That and you make me feel like i suck saying how much i crash. you know what...im just gunna poor out my confesions and feelings here on stuntlife. i want everyone to hear me out...............wait a sec no i dont....what the ****. hahaha. we can ride sometime this week, just waitin on the rear hb line. and it should be ridable. not perfect...but ridable.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by KevinWebster1
dillen i dont think we can ride together anymore. im so hurt now that everyone thinks i am gay. That and you make me feel like i suck saying how much i crash. you know what...im just gunna poor out my confesions and feelings here on stuntlife. i want everyone to hear me out...............wait a sec no i dont....what the ****. hahaha. we can ride sometime this week, just waitin on the rear hb line. and it should be ridable. not perfect...but ridable.
hahahaha....how did you hurt yourself to where people think you're gay???

Don't take the crashing bit too seriously, between you and Johnny on his gix, offers all of us alot of entertainment!

how long of a handbrake line do you need? I got one here somewhere thats 65 or 75 inches that I was gonna use for a handbrake line, you can use it til you get a line if you want....gonna use it later if I get an F4i and get one of them pimp-o-liscous brackets from Ho Hey!!!

Til then, you can use it if its gets your *** on one wheel!

Quick Reply: prolly the best 636 cage ever made