stunting oil?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 02:39 PM

Six_shooter is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by smb123
He only says that Amsoil is good because he probably sells it.

Hey I dont sell it I only speak from experience I have built alot of race motors in my day and "in my opinion" it is one of the best out there also the redline is good and agip is good moble1 is about the best that you will find on the shelf in a store and I have also used it alot in one of my cars the only thing I have found wrong with mobile 1 is in a car they clame it will last 7500 miles BULLSHIT after 3000 miles it breaks down and starts to burn off...amsoil claims it will last 25000 miles and it does as a matter of fact my 2000 F150 has 140k miles on it and I have gone as long as 40k miles be4 a change and I have sent the oil out to get tested and it was fine..

Regular oil makes seals hard and brittle synthetic keeps them soft regular oil will build up around seals synthetic will not so if you go too long on regular oil your seals will get hard when you switch to synthetic they will soften up creating minor leaks that will not go away b/c the synthetic oil will not build up like the regular oil.....
Old 05-12-2003, 01:54 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
don't forget that you are running a wet clutch in these bikes and that slippery synthetic that is coating your engine is also coating your clutch....i burned up a clutch by running synthetic....i switched back to regular recommended oil adn i have no problems.

oh ya, and that was regular riding burning up the clutch, before i could do wheelies or anything cool, now i beat hte hell out of my clutch and it hasn't gone out on me. i don' trust synthetic oils with a wet clutch.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:28 AM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by binder929rr
don't forget that you are running a wet clutch in these bikes and that slippery synthetic that is coating your engine is also coating your clutch....i burned up a clutch by running synthetic....i switched back to regular recommended oil adn i have no problems.

oh ya, and that was regular riding burning up the clutch, before i could do wheelies or anything cool, now i beat hte hell out of my clutch and it hasn't gone out on me. i don' trust synthetic oils with a wet clutch.
I have always ran synth and never had a problem with it burning up a clutch, if synthetic was bad for a wet clutch, they wouldnt make it
Old 05-12-2003, 06:00 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
first off I don't know what amount of oil my 2g7fiddy is suppossed to take but I put 4.5qts in it so the little red light next to the little geanie lamp goes out.Ive been using synthetic oil since I broke the bike in .I currently have over 11g miles on the bike with the original clutches.and no problems
Old 05-12-2003, 06:24 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
Bottom line.... I always hear that a half quart over is better

me personally I run a little extra oil... no measurements exactly

no synthetic "moly" ****.... it does screw up clutches

but the key my young padouin stunters

CHANGE THAT **** ONCE A MONTH OR EVERY 1k miles
Old 05-12-2003, 06:59 PM

smb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know what kind of oil to use because I don't know any better and don't do research and then propogate lies and myths about oil because again, I don't know better
This is why you run a synthetic WITHOUT A FRICTION MODIFIER, as I previously stated. Mobil1 15w50 does NOT CONTAIN this friction modifier. Once again, look at the back of the container at the SAE donut. If it says "energy conserving" it has a friction modifier. If it doesn't, then there is no modifier. This is what causes the clutch to slip.

It has nothing to do with the actual oil, everything to do with the friction modifiers. You obviously burned up your clutch running the wrong kind of oil.

And this obviously only applies to wet clutch bikes. If you have a dry clutch, you can run a friction modifier.

Originally posted by Six_shooter
mobile 1 is in a car they clame it will last 7500 miles BULLSHIT after 3000 miles it breaks down and starts to burn off...amsoil claims it will last 25000 miles and it does as a matter of fact my 2000 F150 has 140k miles on it and I have gone as long as 40k miles be4 a change and I have sent the oil out to get tested and it was fine..
Ok, actually, you can run synthetic oil for quite a long time. Even dino oil. It depends on how refined the oil is. Assuming your driving/riding is VERY easy on the go-fast, it will last longer. In reality, the reason oil is changed is NOT due so much to viscosity breakdown, but due to the fact that the additives in the oil deteriorate. They become corrosive.

I ride my bike hard and it will see trips to 16k RPM. For this reason, I change my oil every 1500-2000 miles. That is probably even more than necesarry, though.

No oil will last 40k -- again, you must say that because you sell Amsoil. I bet your wife drives a pink car with "Mary Kay" on the side, too.

BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE -- the most important thing to do is to regularly change your oil and don't use cheapy **** filters. This, above anything else in this entire thread, is the most important point.

Anyway, back to the 1/2 quart over issue. Like I said, I don't really know how this affects the motor at 12 o'clock. I do know it creates higher pressure. If your revs stay low, as they probably would in slow 12 wheelies, the pressure might not be so high and therefore not cause potential damage. I don't do 12 o'clock wheelies, but I have ridden some pretty tall 2nd gear standups for a while. I won't run 1/2 quart over anytime, though. Of course, my main riding passion isn't stunting -- I like to get the bike on it's side more. So maybe every single thing I've said in this thread is total garbage.. you be the judge.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:36 AM

Six_shooter is an unknown quantity at this point

you have to watch the synthetic that you use some have a friction additive in it and it will eat a clutch I think the mobil 1 15/40 has it.....a friend of mine used it and it screwed the clutch...