stunting oil?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 06:02 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by NoNameStunter
Redline Jimmy, not trying to make enemies, but I will speak my piece where it needs to be spoken. I guess that you are implying that since you ride for a team and you don’t know who I am that I don’t have any experience with bikes. You need to keep your ego to yourself, because if I had a bike and tore it up because a big name stunter like redlinejimmy gave me some sh!ty advice I would be mighty pissed off.
First off, I have never had an ego in this sport and never will. Secondly, the advice you are giving seems like you are implying it to people that just ride there bike around town on two wheels all of the time. The advice I am giving is if your front wheel is going to be in the air 85% of the time. Your advice needs to be pointed to stunters, and not your every day average joe rider that keeps their bike on two wheels 95% of their riding time.

My post was mainly stating you need to speak for experience and not hear-say crap that you heard for someone else. That is what my "One Wheeled" comment was referring to. Like I said, if your advice is actually truethen thanks! But for me, I will just have to find out the hard way as the 1/2qt more has worked for me more than 30,000 miles now. Will you still be pissed if you tear your bike up from your own great advice . I bet you will be saying "Damn, I wish I listened to that GOD of a rider RedlineJimmy back in the day" :YEAH .
Old 05-08-2003, 06:18 PM

NoNameStunter is an unknown quantity at this point
I know your joking when you say "God of a Rider", I am sure you don't have an ego, but if I wanted to challenge GOD how would I go about doing that.
My statements about oil are directed toward anyone with a gsxr 2000 and up, with all riding styles.
Old 05-08-2003, 06:41 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
I put some honey in my oil, that's why my wheelies are so sweet.

RedlineJimmy = BIG EGO
Old 05-08-2003, 07:36 PM

gixxerking is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the advice guys ;i also run 1/2qt over i was just making sure
Old 05-08-2003, 10:12 PM

You all can do whatever you want.
Jimmy I would put my properly oiled bike, and me
against your extra 1/2 quart oiled bike, and you anyday!
Old 05-08-2003, 10:16 PM

"when i get to about 11 my RR bogs, i have heard that i should put stock jets in, but i have a full system micron with a M4 can....any suggestions?? if i run stock jets, my p.o.s. will run like **** when i'm not doing 12's.......

oh yeah, what is a good gear ratio for 12in 900rr's?? i am one down in front, stock in the rear....."
CBROrange you don't even know what the *** is going on. You got to much damn oil in your bike.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:57 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

"when i get to about 11 my RR bogs, i have heard that i should put stock jets in, but i have a full system micron with a M4 can....any suggestions?? if i run stock jets, my p.o.s. will run like **** when i'm not doing 12's.......

oh yeah, what is a good gear ratio for 12in 900rr's?? i am one down in front, stock in the rear....."
I am not too sure you want our Bad Advice !

And whats this...I hear a challenge . After I learn how to ride I will get back with you on that .
Old 05-08-2003, 11:04 PM

that quote is from a different thread by cbrorange. He was just talking about how great his bike is, but in that post it sounds like crap to me.
I ride a suzuki.
And there is no need to get smart, I challenge you to outride me. We can do it in person or we can do it by video and post it on this site. No need to pus out, your redline Jimmy! WHATS UP?
Old 05-09-2003, 12:42 AM

Six_shooter is an unknown quantity at this point
hey I am new to stunting but I have been a mechanic for a long time my oil of choice is AmsOil wich is a TRUE synthetic they have been making synthetic oil way be4 anyone knew what it was. the synthetic oil will coat the inside of the motor better and last alot longer than any other oil will. the only trick is you gotta start using it at low mileage, I would say on a new bike break it in on regular oil then at about 3000 miles switch to the amsoil to get the full benefit. synthetic oil lubes too good and if you started a new bike on synthetic oil with less than 3000 miles it wont allow the motor to break in properly...also if you have a high mileage bike and have not run synthetic oil in it dont switch, if you run any other synthetic you can switch no problem...

hope this was helpfull if not oh well any questions email me maybe I can help...
Old 05-09-2003, 01:54 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
I challenge you to outride me. We can do it in person or we can do it by video and post it on this site. No need to pus out, your redline Jimmy! WHATS UP?
XXX show, 5/25, Tampa fairgrounds....I'm gonna put an extra qt of honey in my bike for this one...just in case
Old 05-09-2003, 03:28 PM

What kind of honey should I use, having a wheelie comp. against GOD I am going to need some real sweet wheelies.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:10 PM

Buckshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Oil...

Since this is my first post my limited advice will probably be disreguarded but.... Redlinejimmy is a stand up guy (no pun intended) and I can say has no inflamed ego whatsoever just all around good guy. But now to the topic at hand. I have been told by several bike mechanics to stay away from synthetics with moly added. I have no idea what moly is but it's not good for your clutch. So any syn. without moly is cool, so read those labels fellas'. About the bike longevity issue on stunt bikes. When you beat on a bike like stunters do there are so many contributing factor to the bikes demise it would be hard to point to too much or too little oil as the single cause. I have read and heard too much oil is ALWAYS bad. The whole oil pick up issue is the only thing that might concern me. I would rather relocate the pick up than run more oil but thats just me. I'm not a 12 man myself so I go by the book on oil capacity.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:14 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

I guess the question to ask would be "Who has ever blown-up an engine before?". And then find out what they did to their bike inregards to oil and maintance.

If a 1/2qt is too much than I am fine with that, all I am saying that this is the first I am hearing of it. I wouldn't mind hearing from riders that have actually blown-up their engine before and what was the reson for it.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:23 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
I use....

i have found 5 bottles of Aquafina water, it works the best at circulating around the motor and it keeps things clean and lubed, and sum times for extra protection I spray some WD40 in there too.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:52 PM

Oil

Wesson cooking oil works pretty good as well.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:04 PM

Laura Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
So I don't know about RRs and other peice of **** hondas.
Haha this thread is just to funny.
I just decided to see why it was 3 pages long and it cracks me up. How can such an innocent question turn into a battle? Use whatever you feel comfortable with and follow others advise if that's what you choose to do. Fighting over which oil is just ridiculous(but funny )
I run usually Motul and have used Amsoil (whenever I remember to change my oil). I fill it to the line and 40,000 miles later, she's still kicking strong(prolly cause it's a Honda )
As far as my old bike it was a 96 900rr and I blew the motor at 33,000 miles, maybe I should of added that extra 1/2 quart.
Oh and 1 more thing. The motul oil makes my bike wheelie better
Old 05-09-2003, 06:58 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Sometimes.....

You know its my personal secret but i use a little bit of water mixed with sand and a few small rocks, 8 quarts of it so when you walk 30 mile wheelies it will still circulate oh! when you do use this you can walk 30 mile wheelies no matter what your skill level is , it is just that good! YOu motor will run like nevewr before, it will bust any bikes *** in a race you can 12 scrape do anything with this stuff guaranteeeeeed!!
Old 05-09-2003, 11:51 PM

For a lighter bike....

Run absolutely nothing. There is not a motor oil out there that will out lube good old fashioned air.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:11 AM

smb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Six_shooter
hey I am new to stunting but I have been a mechanic for a long time my oil of choice is AmsOil wich is a TRUE synthetic they have been making synthetic oil way be4 anyone knew what it was. the synthetic oil will coat the inside of the motor better and last alot longer than any other oil will. the only trick is you gotta start using it at low mileage, I would say on a new bike break it in on regular oil then at about 3000 miles switch to the amsoil to get the full benefit. synthetic oil lubes too good and if you started a new bike on synthetic oil with less than 3000 miles it wont allow the motor to break in properly...also if you have a high mileage bike and have not run synthetic oil in it dont switch, if you run any other synthetic you can switch no problem...

hope this was helpfull if not oh well any questions email me maybe I can help...
He only says that Amsoil is good because he probably sells it.

But Synth does coat better... but that's only 1/2 the story. See, it sticks to **** like cams better. When the bike is cold, and the oil drips down, with synth there is still a light coat on these parts. On these cold startups is where a lot of the wear occurs. The more protection on the moving parts like cams means less wear on cold starts.

Also, , you can swtich to synth at ANY TIME AFTER BREAK IN. 100 miles or 10000 miles. Switching to synth from dino or vice versa causing problems is all a myth... started back in the 80s when I was riding my tricycle and not my motorcycle. The only problem that might occur is on older, high mileage engines. The seals tend to break down over time, but a buildup of oil helps to keep the seals sealing. The detergents and what not in synth can wash these away, so the engine might leak just a little for a little while, but new oil will buildup and reseal.

But anyway, back to my point, Amsoil is snake oil. Mobil1 15w50 is where it's at.

Also, yes, the "car" oil. And yes, the mx3 v6 filter for the R6.

Like I said -- oil is a religion. Do whatever your religion says. There really is no bigger debate in the whole automotive industry than oil. It's never going to change. 'Nuf said.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:03 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
i blew up a 96 900rr motor last year, i ran it with oil filled to the top level mark...now i run 1/2 to 1 quart over andhaven't had a problem since... i think i'd rather have too much lubrication and oil in my motor than not enough

Quick Reply: stunting oil?