If you work at a dealership and are this dumb

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 01:42 PM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
If you work at a dealership and are this dumb

you should be shot.
so I head on down to my local yamaha dealearship to pick up some crush washers for my brake setup. so i go down to the shop and show the guy at the counter a crushwasher i have and say i need 2 more just like these.
I told him it it was for a brake line. he asks me what kind of bike i have, I tell him gsxr 750. he tells me we dont sell suzuki parts. once again i told him its for a universal brake line. So now he asks me to walk over to a r6 and show him where the part is located at so he would have a better idea of what it was

so i finally get my damn washer after 20 min. I hope no one who works at a DEALERSHIP is that stupid

ok im done now
Old 02-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: If you work at a dealership and are this dumb

All part boys are that retarded, I've had worse! I needed a few bolts, he was totally lost. I was standing their showing him and he still didnt get it. They have no intelligence what so ever. Without the little computers they have they would be so lost!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:50 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

de de de
Old 02-13-2007, 01:59 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

The "girl" up at Interstate Honda in Fort Collins knows her ****. I never have to explain it, I just tell her what I need and she gets it for me. She's pretty damn good at what she does!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:03 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
The "girl" up at Interstate Honda in Fort Collins knows her ****. I never have to explain it, I just tell her what I need and she gets it for me. She's pretty damn good at what she does!
Sometimes you do get that parts guy/girl that is a genious. There was one dealership I used to go to back when I was big into snowmobiling (which requires lots of parts) and the guy there was really good. One time they didn't have an arctic cat part available and he was able to produce a polaris part that worked perfect. It was from a completely different part of the polaris sled too. I was amazed.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:14 PM

Faz3r is an unknown quantity at this point

when I first got into stunting I found out the only other person in the area it seems that's really into it is the parts guy at the honda/kawa store, smart guy never have had to explain anything that far down. now there is a yamaha/zuk store in town that I wouldn't go to for anything, rather order my parts from the shop that doesn't even carry my bike
Old 02-13-2007, 02:15 PM

Squidlee is a decent person

Originally Posted by TL MILLER
you should be shot.
so I head on down to my local yamaha dealearship to pick up some crush washers for my brake setup. so i go down to the shop and show the guy at the counter a crushwasher i have and say i need 2 more just like these.
I told him it it was for a brake line. he asks me what kind of bike i have, I tell him gsxr 750. he tells me we dont sell suzuki parts. once again i told him its for a universal brake line. So now he asks me to walk over to a r6 and show him where the part is located at so he would have a better idea of what it was

so i finally get my damn washer after 20 min. I hope no one who works at a DEALERSHIP is that stupid

ok im done now
you should cry about it.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:44 PM

xxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nice

its called cheap help!! shops dont wanna pay enuff to keep people with experience .
Old 02-13-2007, 02:49 PM
is back on the dirt

the gnar is a decent person

local honda shop helpers here don't even know the diff. between an f4 and an f4i. morons.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:58 PM

xluisx is an unknown quantity at this point

Some how Girl seen to be smart at part than Guys!
Old 02-13-2007, 03:07 PM

waco is an unknown quantity at this point

about half of the people working parts couters at dealerships don't know dick about bikes all they know is if they put the model and year of a bike they might be able to figure out what you are talking about and then when they finnally find what you want they have to go in the back for 30mins and try to match the part number up to the tag and so on even if it is so much as a screw that they could have just held the one you have next to it and figured it out in 2 mins....thats why when i need bolts or washers or things of that nature i go to the local hardware store it's alot faster and cheaper too!
Old 02-13-2007, 03:37 PM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley

I love fort collins motorsports. they always know there ****. I bought my tl about 4 years ago and they still remember my name
Old 02-13-2007, 03:52 PM

BURN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KX125racer13
Most of thm dont know the diff. between a Chain and an *******
hahaha.

its hard to tell.....since you need lube on both of them...
Old 02-13-2007, 04:29 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

parts people are a crap shoot 4 sure
Old 02-13-2007, 04:34 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

i was at the dealership one day and i was looking for a 954,i asked the guy if they had a cbr954rr for sale,he said theres no such bike...how do they get the job?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:40 PM

Nine54f4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
All part boys are that retarded, I've had worse! I needed a few bolts, he was totally lost. I was standing their showing him and he still didnt get it. They have no intelligence what so ever. Without the little computers they have they would be so lost!
That's not true at all, i worked at a dealership for over 2 years, and probally know more then half of the small mechanics out there. Is what pisses me off is stupid *** Customers that come in and ask questions like. I need a crush washer for my oil drain bolt. I ask if they know what size it is, or what type of bike it is. The answer i get Its a honda. No year, no make, no vin # to look anything up, and he wouldnt even give me the time to go in the back and show him there was more than 1 size. Then i get told they are all universal and im an idiot.

Quick Reply: If you work at a dealership and are this dumb