If you work at a dealership and are this dumb

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 04:26 PM

theteacher929 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: If you work at a dealership and are this dumb

Originally Posted by xluisx
Some how Girl seen to be smart at part than Guys!
Well you're not makin us look too good with that typing.

That guy seems like a complete ***, but, I am a parts guy and I'm not an idiot. It all depends on how the dealership is run. You should hear some of the questions you get from customers who have a vague discription of the shape of what they need, no idea what it does, and no idea what they ride. It's actually a pretty entertaining job if you're good at it.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:33 PM

theteacher929 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yeah, two more things. I make good money (benifits+good bonuses).

And if anyone has ever had to deal with power equipment (I work at a Honda/Bombardier dealer) or watercraft customers you'd know just how hard this job can be. I used to work for a vintage bike shop and it was nothing compared to trying to find the correct part for a ******* generator.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jokertlr
Sometimes you do get that parts guy/girl that is a genious. There was one dealership I used to go to back when I was big into snowmobiling (which requires lots of parts) and the guy there was really good. One time they didn't have an arctic cat part available and he was able to produce a polaris part that worked perfect. It was from a completely different part of the polaris sled too. I was amazed.
I love those guys. One of my friends is like that. He's 38, doesn't use the internet and has never worked in a shop. He always can figure out what you need to make things work. He is always swapping wheels on his and some of our bikes. He and most of us dislike 3-spoke wheels. He knows what it takes to put 5-spoke Yammy and RC-51 wheels on just about anything. I have no clue how he does it and does it right.

I hate it when you go to a shop and the moron insists on putting **** into the computer when you tell him exactly what you need.

Me - " I need a clutch lever from an ABC 123"
Counter guy - "What bike do you have?"
Me - "I've got a DEF 456, but just give me a clutch lever from an ABC 123"
Counter guy - "It's not going to fit"
ME - "Just take my money and give me the ABC 123 clutch lever"
Counter Guy - "Our return policy is blah blah blah, the part won't fit, we won't give you your money back"
Me - Beats head on parts counter
Old 02-15-2007, 12:11 AM

jasunto is an unknown quantity at this point

.03 percent on average and .04 percent would be on a 200 hundred dollar part equal to 6 cents and 8 cents, i think you mean 3 percent and 4 percent which would be 6 bucks and 8 bucks, am i right
Old 02-15-2007, 12:12 AM

jasunto is an unknown quantity at this point

you shouldnt express a percentage as .03 percent, it should be 3 percent, doing .03 percent is 3/100th's of a percent
Old 02-15-2007, 12:19 AM

tallyturbo is an unknown quantity at this point

about the bolt thing. if u come to the counter and ask for a bolt most of the time we have to pull it up in the computer and get a part number. the reason for that is cuz all the parts are sorted by part number and the bins we have are so big it would take forever to go through it and find just a bolt. if we have a part number we have a general area to look in for ur bolt. thus saving u time. if u saw how big each bin is for each dealership u wouldnt be complaining about how long it took to find ur paticualr part. some guy came in yesterday looking for a fuel pump for a 85 goldwing and was bitching cuz i had to look it up in the computer to get the part number for it. i guess he thought it would be sitting right there waiting for me to grab or something. granted there are some dumb parts bitches out there its not as easy as u may think.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:01 AM

OCCMUSTANG is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres only 1 guy outta 10 dealerships around here that knows two shi!s about anything. Seems like lately everyone at the dealerships are 16yrs old that don't know shi! they keep getting younger and dumber every month.