rear sprocket how big is too big?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 12:15 PM

waco is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: rear sprocket how big is too big?

i wouldn't go any bigger than 50 in the rear....i have 51 on my r6 and it is great on tha streets and in the lot....my boy kevin down in austin has 50 on his 600rr and he kills in it in the lot just as good as anyone with a huge oversized sprocket
Old 02-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

<-- stock

and i can do everything i could so when i had -1 +15.

gearing is for engine brake. if you have a handbrake theres no point in gearing until your doing O variations.... which im not.... hence this is why my bikes not geared.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:47 PM

mikehudson is a decent person

thanks for the info, i dont really care that its new im going to iraq for 14 monthes so when i get back im gonnaget another one anyway and kee this as a stunt bike. but i think ill go with 9 or 10 up cause thats the most i found
Old 02-07-2007, 12:49 PM

mikehudson is a decent person
Re: rear sprockt how big is too big?

any have any suggestions on exhaust? there kinda hard to find with this bike being so new and is a cage really worth spending the money since i already have sliders
Old 02-07-2007, 12:53 PM

BT_Xtreme is a decent person

Originally Posted by mikehudson
any have any suggestions on exhaust? there kinda hard to find with this bike being so new and is a cage really worth spending the money since i already have sliders
ITS AN 06 SO YOU GET A SHORTY PIPE NO MATTER WHAT! IF YOU WANT YOUR BIKE TO STAY RUNNING SMOOTH WITH NO POWERCOMMANDER MOD, LEAVE IT STOCK. IF NOT AKRO, TWO BROS, AND YOSH ALL MAKE GOOD PIPES IVE RODE THE GSXR600 WITH THE AKRO AND IT HAD BETTER THROTTLE RESPONSE EVEN WITH NO PC3 BUT ALL BIKES ACT DIFF. EVEN IF ITS THE SAME MODEL
Old 02-07-2007, 12:59 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by mikehudson

yes, a cage is definately worth it's weight in gold, well not quite, but pretty close. think of sliders as the pull out method and a cage as wearing a condom w/spermicide.

-the mexican
Old 02-07-2007, 01:05 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by stock05
yes, a cage is definately worth it's weight in gold, well not quite, but pretty close. think of sliders as the pull out method and a cage as wearing a condom w/spermicide.

-the mexican
so the sliders are way more fun?
whereas with the cage you dont get the same feel?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:25 PM
FYF

motopsycho231 is a decent person

I have an 05 gsxr 600 and I only did a -1 in the front and left the stock rear. I can roll wheelies for a good mile or so at around 20-35 mph like that. On the highway, you can roll 2nd gears at 60mph for DAYS! +2 in the rear seemed a little too much for me because I love to take the highways to work. Just my two pennies.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:31 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stock05

-the mexican
I like extra protection! :YEAH
Old 02-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Weaksauce Industries

MotoBlairF4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scott3824
actually no - most of us went out and figured it out for ourselves
Well good for ******* you sir, what the hell is this forum for than? I Know one of its purposes is so stunters around the nation can communicate and share ideas/give tips so, take your head out of your *** and help a newbie who's asking a legit question.. I cant stand people like you.

Last edited by MotoBlairF4; 02-07-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:57 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MotoBlairF4
Well good for ******* you sir, what the hell is this forum for than? I Know one of its purposes is so stunters around the nation can communicate and share idea/give tips so take your head out of your *** and help a newbie who's asking a legit question.
Alright... lets just get this straight now:

(A) You don't have enough posts to be talking ****... so refrain

(B) The "squid" you are protecting didn't even take the time to use the search feature which is CLEARLY listed at the top of the page and if your friend had stopped by the Newbie section he would have seen the sticky regarding using the "Search" feature. (He obviously neglected to do any of this)

(C) Stuntlife works off of post counts around here, the more you have the better you are at stunting. So as of right now, you ****** suck at stunting so you sir should be using the search feature as well.

FINALLY...

(D) The chick in your avatar has a great *** and legs!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:59 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by aw0n0
so the sliders are way more fun?
whereas with the cage you dont get the same feel?

oh and yea get a cage and 10 up is good for street and lots......

ps chad ther is one more simularity[sp?] , with a cage you can usually ride alot longer...lol
Old 02-07-2007, 06:10 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
(C) Stuntlife works off of post counts around here, the more you have the better you are at stunting. So as of right now, you ****** suck at stunting so you sir should be using the search feature as well.

i'm 14x better than you
Old 02-07-2007, 06:11 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by old man roger

with a cage you can usually ride alot longer...lol

hahahah, i forgot about that one!
i was wondering when you would see this thread, how big is too big of a sprocket roger???
Old 02-07-2007, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Alright... lets just get this straight now:

(A) You don't have enough posts to be talking ****... so refrain

(B) The "squid" you are protecting didn't even take the time to use the search feature which is CLEARLY listed at the top of the page and if your friend had stopped by the Newbie section he would have seen the sticky regarding using the "Search" feature. (He obviously neglected to do any of this)

FINALLY...

(D) The chick in your avatar has a great *** and legs!

i heart stuntlife :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

-the mexican
Old 02-07-2007, 06:14 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i forgot the question .......the sprocket is too big if it hits the ground when you turn.................
Old 02-07-2007, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger

oh and yea get a cage and 10 up is good for street and lots......

ps chad ther is one more simularity[sp?] , with a cage you can usually ride alot longer...lol

while i might not be much of a gentlemen, i am definately a scholar

the mexican
Old 02-07-2007, 06:21 PM

biggtalleymatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MotoBlairF4
Well good for ******* you sir, what the hell is this forum for than? I Know one of its purposes is so stunters around the nation can communicate and share ideas/give tips so, take your head out of your *** and help a newbie who's asking a legit question.. I cant stand people like you.
+11111111111111111111111111111111111,0000000000000 000000000,0000000000
Old 02-07-2007, 06:23 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

^ squids stick together.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by biggtalleymatt
+11111111111111111111111111111111111,0000000000000 000000000,0000000000
oh this ******* ***** again. don't make me find my thread and post a link to it.

-the mexican

Quick Reply: rear sprocket how big is too big?