Motorcyclist/SSB

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:43 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point
Motorcyclist/SSB

I was reading my new issue of Motorcyclist and ran across an article written by Aaron Frank who was previously in charge of Super Street Bike. He was writing about how happy he was to be back at motorcyclist and that most days at SSB involved "babysitting wheelie boyz and learning more than anyone should know about chrome, candy paint and other mostly irrelevant stuff". He then said that he all the while the was there he never left "our world" meaning that of kneedraggers etc. Funny how he never talked **** when he was an editor at SSB.

I'm sure glad I lined that Dick's pockets with my subscription money.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Wowtah is a decent person
Re: Motorcyclist/SSB

no one is for real when all that $$$$$ get's put in front of them!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:46 PM

DEBO is a decent person

interesting point
Old 02-06-2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Wowtah
no one is for real when all that $$$$$ get's put in front of them!
I know but he could easily have gone back to motorcyclist and not said anything. Instead he felt he need to blow all the motorcyclist regulars that don't like or don't care about SSB.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:53 PM

Hazen is a decent person

Good catch.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

I heart money
Old 02-06-2007, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jokertlr
I know but he could easily have gone back to motorcyclist and not said anything. Instead he felt he need to blow all the motorcyclist regulars that don't like or don't care about SSB.
alright think about it for a sec.......... ready???? let's say you were with this chick for like 5 years. then you left said chick for a younger, slutier, more hard core chick. well..... a few months down the road you decide that chick#1 had more to offer. When you got back with chick #1 you would trash talk the **** outta the slutty one!!!! He's earning his way back into his boss's graces my man!!!!! or as i like to call it: SUCKIN' ***!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:15 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by villa76
I heart money
THAT *** I SO BIG IN YOUR AVATAR ITS JUST NASTY CAN YOU AMAGIN ALL THE TOILET PAPPER SHE HAS TO USE AFTER SHE TAKES A ****
Old 02-06-2007, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
THAT *** I SO BIG IN YOUR AVATAR ITS JUST NASTY CAN YOU AMAGIN ALL THE TOILET PAPPER SHE HAS TO USE AFTER SHE TAKES A ****
that *** is hot!:YEAH
Old 02-06-2007, 09:00 PM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wowtah
that *** is hot!:YEAH
+1
Old 02-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

relax, he's writing for an audience...whats he gonna say, i hate this place and wish i was poppin wheelies?

he likes to kneedrag, so do i. i talk to frank on a regular basis and he still supports what we do 100%
Old 02-06-2007, 11:04 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i wish he was still with SSB, i thought he did a pretty good job of spreadin the love.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
relax, he's writing for an audience...whats he gonna say, i hate this place and wish i was poppin wheelies?

he likes to kneedrag, so do i. i talk to frank on a regular basis and he still supports what we do 100%
I understand but I guess not everyone has the luxury of knowing him. I usually don't get pissed about things in magazines but when I read it I couldn't help but think it was a little cold blooded. I just think that it doesn't help the image of stunters if he makes it seem like it was just for experience and he couldn't wait to get out of there.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Regular StuntLifer

longrider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6

I took his comment the same way, but why does he have to try to perpetuate the animosity between the two rider groups? He could have tried to be an ambassador for the sport and said something like 'after spending time with the stunters i saw that they are not all hooligans and outlaws but are trying to make the sport respectable'.

I am in the same crossover group, to be honest my riding is almost all 'kneedragging', my involvement in the stunt world is as mechanic and photographer. However I have never looked down on stunting even before I became actively involved. People on both sides need to realize that the 'image' argument doesn't hold water, the guy doing a standup on the interstate is no more or less of an outlaw than the guy doing triple digits in the canyons.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:12 AM

Clint Ewing is an unknown quantity at this point

Teach, you always put me at rest with your words! :-)

-Clint Ewing

Dunlop
Scorpion Helmets
Galfer
Jardine
Scotts Performance
Old 02-07-2007, 05:19 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person

most days at SSB involved "babysitting wheelie boyz and learning more than anyone should know about chrome, candy paint and other mostly irrelevant stuff". He then said that he all the while the was there he never left "our world" Funny how he never talked **** when he was an editor at SSB.
when I read it I couldn't help but think it was a little cold blooded. I just think that it doesn't help the image of stunters if he makes it seem like it was just for experience and he couldn't wait to get out of there.
Ehhh, i dunno, I think I disagree. See I took it as him actually SHARING our same boredom with, as he said, chrome, candy paint, etc etc. and I found it reinforcing to me that he seems to be a person much more supportive of people who actually DO things ON/WITH their bike, not just making them pretty & shiny, parked at a show and never ridden.

And c'mon... how many of us can truly expose our true feelings & speak our minds to our own bosses when we hate our jobs, without risking commiting career suicide? Especially in his shoes! I'm satisfied enough that he at least felt true enough to do so once he was safely in another atmosphere. Both the move, and the statement relased afterwards, only reassure & convince me that he is indeed a supporter of our aspect of the scene.

It's always easy for us to yap about what we think someone else should do and think it is just that simple, but without walking in their shoes you can never understand the reality of their situations & the compromises they must juggle. There is always far more going on on the inside than you would ever know.
But hey, any heroes out there are more than welcome to apply for the position at SSB and try their hand at it, and we'll all see how well you do. Best of luck.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:36 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

I bet he's gonna miss all those ******** he got from Kane
Old 02-07-2007, 05:43 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by Darius
I bet he's gonna miss all those ******** he got from Kane
you made me stop workin in y garage on my bikes to come upstairs and read that? weak.. i thought u actually brought some heat! keep trying

back to my bikes...

-kane
Old 02-07-2007, 05:51 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
you made me stop workin in y garage on my bikes to come upstairs and read that? weak.. i thought u actually brought some heat! keep trying

back to my bikes...

-kane
And he doesn't deny it, wow.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person

LOL! You attention ****** gotta contest going on hijacking every thread or something? lol...