front tire question (powers)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 04:06 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
front tire question (powers)

i know that the "which tire is the best for stoppies" topic has been hammered to death but the question i have is on the powers race tire specifically... would running a dual compound vs. just a single soft compund change the characteristics of rolling stoppies much or does it really matter

Last edited by mike1984; 01-31-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:09 PM

Re: front tire question (powers)

oh and are pirelli dragon supercorsa pro's REALLY worth the $90 extra over a powers race
Old 01-31-2007, 04:22 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Mikeith
oh and are pirelli dragon supercorsa pro's REALLY worth the $90 extra over a powers race
i don't know if it's true but i heard that pirelli and metzler are made buy the same factory,and are the same compound with just differant tread patterns and name....

metzlers are way cheaper than pirelli's
Old 01-31-2007, 04:38 PM

yea i was wonderin how good the metzeler racetec's were but retail(which i dont have to worry about since i work at a bike shop) are at 204.95 for the metzelers and the powers are 179.95 for medium and 220.95 for both medium/soft(dual compound) and all out soft.... so what i'm trying to find now is which on more rounded because i know that powers are pretty steap angled for racers but for what we do we need a more evenly rounded tire

.... so whichever has a more evenly rounded shape is the one i'll go with.... any of you guys out that work in a shop have both in stock? it would be nice to see em side by side
Old 01-31-2007, 04:40 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yep pointy tires suck for stoppies
Old 01-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

my motto is learn under worst conditions, imagine how much better you will be under best conditions... run bald, used old weatherd race take offs and learn on those, u would be pro with a pilot power afterwords..
Old 01-31-2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
my motto is learn under worst conditions, imagine how much better you will be under best conditions... run bald, used old weatherd race take offs and learn on those, u would be pro with a pilot power afterwords..
+1 been doin that for years... i have had TONS of race takeoffs and i liked my old supercorsa front tire's stickyness and the nice roundness of a dunlop 207.... buut almost washin out 2346594356 times tryin to pull the 207 up in the cold is makin me tired of havin to pucker my butthole hell i guess i'll just order a metzeler racetech since i haven't seen any reviews on it yet
Old 01-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

locking it up consitantly is more of a rider issue then tire issue... you are relying on the front brakes to bring it up, when u should learn that body motion, u ever bounce to clutch up a wheelie, u gotta learn how to bounce and grab the tank with ur knees and wha laa, f4i front end is high so its harder on the f4i unless u got flipped clips or DB's
Old 01-31-2007, 05:13 PM

pitchin my self forward has never really been a problem mainly just the fact that its f'n cold and the tire is old and hard but i know what ya mean

Last edited by mike1984; 01-31-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:17 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

207's suck period.you can bounce the *** end all day long if it's not 90 out there gonna slide once in a while.the race tires are way to expensive unless your running a stoppie only bike.i just went with the M3.i'm still breaking it in because it's cold as hell right now,but i've mess around alittle.i have maybe 25 miles on it so far and it's 30 degrees here ,so i've gotten a couple of decent ones.only slid once but like i said it brand new.i had a m1 last year and i thought it was the best.i would try one of them or the reg power tire and they wont be as expensive
Old 01-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Scrapes Elbow

u just gotta learn to pitch n commit, momentum is the key, not breaking power

f4i was designed to wash, its almost a sport touring motorcycle..., honda wants people to wash out insted of flipping and breaking there back when a car pulls out infront of them

Last edited by Wheeliest; 01-31-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:26 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

i aggree there.when i had my f4i i admit that it took a little extra to get the *** end up but it made me better learning on that bike.i some how always choose the hard road.like now i'm learning circles on a 900rr.but i'm getting them pretty nice and soon i'll be looking for something nice and small