goin to db bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:01 AM

fabioonachopper is a decent person
goin to db bars

so i bought the db bars and the necassary risers.. anyone have any suggestions on what i should do when putting them on.. should i try to weld them on to the triple clamp? should i make some kind of bracket to support them so when i fall not all the pressure pulls on one side and possibly breaking the triple clamp.. also i'm doing this to a f4.. do i need to get longer brake cables?? any info to help would be great.. thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: goin to db bars

you should sell me your straight f4i clip-ons asap. i need them by friday or a right side 99-04 r6 clip-on
Old 01-30-2007, 11:29 AM

well than i need some info about my bike so i can put on my db bars asap to see how i like em.. i'll sell u them no prob if i like the set up
Old 01-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

to late i bought some
Old 01-30-2007, 12:03 PM

CARNAHKT is an unknown quantity at this point

Your probably going to need longer brake lines and possibly even longer throttle cables. You can get the steel braided brake lines from spieglerusa.com for about a hundred bucks. You can just bolt the risers on but eventually your clamp will probably break, the best thing to do is get a billit top clamp. I dont know if you can weld them because the top clamp is probably cast and it is hard to weld cast, i dont think that would help much anyway.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:24 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

just drill the holes and slap them on. you will need a longer front brake line, and you will have to re route your throttle cable. the bolts that come with the set up are usualy to long. most people use washers but you can get shorter bolts at your local bike shop.(dont forget some blue locktite)
Old 01-30-2007, 01:26 PM

so your positive i'll need a longer brake cable?? how does that work.. is there a junction that i can just get a longer cable for or is it one big unit to both front brakes?
Old 01-30-2007, 01:30 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

you let me down.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:32 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

just messure it. all bikes are different but im pretty sure you will need a longer line. just call hai bike shop and they can help you.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Scrapes Elbow

the circle button will fit 10x better
Old 01-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
you let me down.
come on now.. i was just looking for a quick answer from the hundreds of people with f4is on here
Old 01-30-2007, 02:12 PM

numberTWO is an unknown quantity at this point

JASON, is your bike done yet?
Old 01-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Scrapes Elbow

im waiting on clip-ons... you got a spare pair of 43mm ones i could use, i just orderd from stuntme ebay store and the add says

ALL THESE ARE IN STOCK NO BS. NO WAIT TIME! Most sets ship the same day!

now the guys saying 1-2 day processing so i don't think i will get them by friday
Old 01-30-2007, 03:19 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Unless you have extremly high rise bars, or really wide bars, your stock cables should work

I just put db bars with tag risers on my f4i, I just had to re-route the throttle cable, clutch cable, and brake line.

Only cable that REALLY needs extended is the throttle cable.. When I have my bars cranked all the way left it pulls them tight and makes the throttle really touchy.. But not a big deal as I rarley have the bars turned all the way left
Old 01-30-2007, 03:21 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

your also guna need a sex change operation to go along with those dirtbars
Old 01-30-2007, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
your also guna need a sex change operation to go along with those dirtbars
ouch... sounds like you are really into them. i like the db bar look on street fightered bikes.. looks pimp
Old 01-30-2007, 07:23 PM

Herb is an unknown quantity at this point

I spun up 2 aluminum bushings and bolted them to the risers. Then drilled out the tree, and put the 2 together and welded the bushings in(with risers still attatched).
Old 01-30-2007, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Unless you have extremly high rise bars, or really wide bars, your stock cables should work

I just put db bars with tag risers on my f4i, I just had to re-route the throttle cable, clutch cable, and brake line.

Only cable that REALLY needs extended is the throttle cable.. When I have my bars cranked all the way left it pulls them tight and makes the throttle really touchy.. But not a big deal as I rarley have the bars turned all the way left

you moved your forks on the triple clamp right.. moved the bike up on the forks ?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:20 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

all you need to do is drill it n bolt your damn risers ...if you want to b more safe then weld it !

you dont need a longer cable which i used to have an F4....hope that helps.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:16 PM

Ridin Disorder is an unknown quantity at this point

Take off your clip ons, drill holes and bolt the risers to your triple clamp, re-route cables, and order a brake line from me...I can do it for less then a hundred bucks and I'm right down the road

Anyway...I think if you weld it, it may give a little more support but cast alum does suck. Just drill holes and run it til it breaks then make ur own clamp at school or work

Quick Reply: goin to db bars