02 F4I wont start??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:37 AM

Mack-A-Billy is a decent person
02 F4I wont start??

when i turn the key on the fuel pump dosen't prime...nothing..??? my cluster has a red FI light on...not sure if i fried the ECU or what the deall is all fuses are good...???any help
Old 01-30-2007, 02:42 AM

punishmentcycle is a decent person
Re: 02 F4I wont start??

Originally Posted by Mack-A-Billy
when i turn the key on the fuel pump dosen't prime...nothing..??? my cluster has a red FI light on...not sure if i fried the ECU or what the deall is all fuses are good...???any help
did you ever bypass the tip over sensor? if you did then check that the wires are still spliced together.if you didn't bypass the sensor and you resently crashed the bike(cause for this thread)then tap it a couple of times to loosen the ball inside.if your still having a problem,tell me what's been done to the bike (whats been removed etc)and i'll try to help
Old 01-30-2007, 02:44 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

its yer squid sensor, hahahaha
Old 01-30-2007, 02:47 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

kick stand ......but he will never admit it..lol
Old 01-30-2007, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
did you ever bypass the tip over sensor? if you did then check that the wires are still spliced together.if you didn't bypass the sensor and you resently crashed the bike(cause for this thread)then tap it a couple of times to loosen the ball inside.if your still having a problem,tell me what's been done to the bike (whats been removed etc)and i'll try to help

tip over sensor has been wired up...no headlight...bike was running fine...i tried to switch start/kill switch cause i'm running a different throttle setup with out the swith in the throttle...the fuel pump was turning on when i wired up the new switch...then i wired the starter part of it and it started and i turned if off everything was ok....then i tried to turn the key back on and start it again and it was like i had a bad connection the pump was turning off and on and then complety off now nothing
Old 01-30-2007, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mack-A-Billy
tip over sensor has been wired up...no headlight...bike was running fine...i tried to switch start/kill switch cause i'm running a different throttle setup with out the swith in the throttle...the fuel pump was turning on when i wired up the new switch...then i wired the starter part of it and it started and i turned if off everything was ok....then i tried to turn the key back on and start it again and it was like i had a bad connection the pump was turning off and on and then complety off now nothing
i dont understand why you would change throttles on a fi bike but ok.you answered your own ? you can do one of two things.that switch is either normally open or normally closed.....touch the two wires together and see if your pump primes..if not pull them apart and try it...one more ? check all wires behind the starter switch and kill switch to see if they came apart at the soldering points.that's what it sounds like to me
Old 01-30-2007, 03:11 AM

Tony L can only hope to improve

f4i's have that problem with the diode in the ignition change out your ignition it should fire 99.9% chance that is it
Old 01-30-2007, 05:46 AM

OLIVER is an unknown quantity at this point

check the relay under te seat. mine went out b4 and had the same problem
Old 01-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Whitetrash

JEFF4EZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OLIVER
check the relay under te seat. mine went out b4 and had the same problem
+1. after a hard crash i've had that relay disconnect kind of just sitting there. check that. all you have to do is push it back down til it clicks in place
Old 01-30-2007, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by JEFF4EZ
+1. after a hard crash i've had that relay disconnect kind of just sitting there. check that. all you have to do is push it back down til it clicks in place
good points but he even said he was trying to rewire the controls and thats when the problem began.i too have had to change out that relay so good point though
Old 01-31-2007, 09:22 PM

it was the switch the brass termanial in the kill switch was loose...held it together and it started right up...thanks!
Old 01-31-2007, 09:42 PM

told ya so!! lol j/k
Old 01-31-2007, 10:29 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kelm
My blinkers nor horn work.... I'mma check the fuses but I have no idea how. and Yes, I'm mechnically NOT inclined.
take off your seat...the box should be right by your battery. I just checked all mine today...found out why my headlight stopped working too late though, I'm streetfightered now!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:14 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

^^ i'm having that same problem with my headlight but when i keep replacing fuses they just keep blowing
Old 02-01-2007, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
^^ i'm having that same problem with my headlight but when i keep replacing fuses they just keep blowing
check the connection at the light itself,if it's even remotely loose it will cause you to pop fuses if it moves around too much(wheelies)