Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person
Re: StuntRide Magazine??

My suggestions for regular features in every issue:

* Profile & Interview of:
- a pro stunter
- an up & comer
- a team
- an industry supporter (shop, individual, company, etc.)
- stunt-related chick rider (just riding a bike is not enough here ladies!)
- cover model

* Stunt bike evaluation
- each issue feature a particular model commonly or not so commonly used, older or new, with a pros/cons breakdown, etc.

* A TRICK how-to/tutorial

* An installation, modification, fabrication, etc how-to/tutorial

* Sick pic
- stunt
- humor, other

* Calendar of upcoming events

* Recent show coverage

* Reader submission categories:
- Q & A
- tips & tricks
- readers rides/stunts (leftovers from sickest pics?)
- "show us your girlfriend"
- Squid Sightings
- crash/injury pics

* Laurels & Darts

* In the News/ the Rumor Mill (whether serious, or hatefultruth.com)

* Humor/Party section

* Eye Candy

* Poster

* Sticker (perhaps provided by companies as an available advertising option for them.)

* A featured product & evaluation, etc

* Classifieds

Well I could go on & on, but there's at least a few suggestions, enough alone to provide a decent, respectable mags worth when combined with ad space, I would think. And again, those are just regular features I am suggesting; that does not include any other additional articles, etc.

And of course the forums will always be a helpful source of ideas for what info people are commonly looking for, etc.

BTW, as Valeska is currently seeking employment that also allows her the ability to pursue her stunting goals & calendar, she is available to be on the payroll for any purpose or assistance she may be able to provide.

Last edited by Valeska; 02-01-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:10 AM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

^^ Holy **** who else thinks she should be the cheif editor?:YEAH

I think there should be a hot chick on every cover. Not just her but with a bike/stunter.

and ya Valeska pretty much summed everything I would have said up. Damn you!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

lol, why thank you my dear! *blush*

Heck, I would nominate Brit-a-tit-tit, have you seen that girl's writing skill & ability? Her articles & writing style are definitely a step above. I have been thoroughly impressed with much of what I have seen so far, and apparently she's got a lot more about to come out. Definitely a good article producer!

Last edited by Valeska; 02-01-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:15 AM

Gixxxer_Wood is an unknown quantity at this point

Valeska is def. on top of the game here, and i would def. buy the mag. to support wat we do
Old 02-01-2007, 09:29 AM

showtyme can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Otown_Tony
i'de support it and im sure our shop, hai, and warped toys would sell it in the shops. It doesn't just have to feature just street freestyle why not some FMX. it would be a good way to diversify genres, bring the fmx market in. Also diversify the riders no one wants to see a rider on 20 different pages. Make it an east and west coast mag too. if you look at ssb 80% of the time its west coast riders. unless its a article shot by Photo @ a comp

I agree. It should be like SL, you've got little sections for FMX, 50's, Quads and even pocket bikes. The majority of the mag would still be sportbikes. As long as you can stunt it, it should be in there.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Do you think there would be enough relevant content in those sub-categories to for it to be worth it? Sometimes when you try to do it all, you fail at everything. Or rather, succeed well at nothing. I think initially in the name of keeping it as financially supportable as possible, which will be toughest in the startup period, anything that is not a guaranteed boon to the mag should be held off on until things are stabilized. At first, advertising space, having it sold & filled, will be most important. As the popularity & therefore success of the publication increases, you can then do further market research to better gauge your customers likes, dislikes, & desires for the mag, and make adjustments to suit your valued audience from there, and repeating the cycle as further room for development and enhancement becomes feasible.

Edit: Wow ok that sounded very... verbose. LOL Allow me to paraphrase myself and sum it up as this: At least at first, space will be precious... it costs the publisher money, so it need be filled with what is most lucrative while the publication is in its stumbling infancy. This will most likely eithr be ads, or highly attractive content. Branching off & appealing to a broader spectrum of subcategories is not a bad idea, just one that is probably best grown into over time. There, that make more sense? lol

Last edited by Valeska; 02-01-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Originally Posted by Gixxxer_Wood
Valeska is def. on top of the game here, and i would def. buy the mag. to support wat we do
I was just gonna say thanks for the compliment, then I took a closer look at the avatar, name & location-- Adam baby how are you!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 10:51 AM

showtyme can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Valeska
Do you think there would be enough relevant content in those sub-categories to for it to be worth it? Sometimes when you try to do it all, you fail at everything. Or rather, succeed well at nothing. I think initially in the name of keeping it as financially supportable as possible, which will be toughest in the startup period, anything that is not a guaranteed boon to the mag should be held off on until things are stabilized. At first, advertising space, having it sold & filled, will be most important. As the popularity & therefore success of the publication increases, you can then do further market research to better gauge your customers likes, dislikes, & desires for the mag, and make adjustments to suit your valued audience from there, and repeating the cycle as further room for development and enhancement becomes feasible.

Edit: Wow ok that sounded very... verbose. LOL Allow me to paraphrase myself and sum it up as this: At least at first, space will be precious... it costs the publisher money, so it need be filled with what is most lucrative while the publication is in its stumbling infancy. This will most likely eithr be ads, or highly attractive content. Branching off & appealing to a broader spectrum of subcategories is not a bad idea, just one that is probably best grown into over time. There, that make more sense? lol

I'm gonna quit talkin now. You've got it under control.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Squidwheelies.com

blackness is an unknown quantity at this point

i would buy anything stunt related so count me in, you have my support
Old 02-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Renegade Distribution

Erika is an unknown quantity at this point

Want to start a magazine Thomas?? Get with me about the blood sweat and tears that go into it

As far as a stunt magazine goes...
Please referance a few from our past... The Asphault, Cycle Dreams, and what was that one called that Nick Hill and his crew put out a million years ago?
Yes, SSB HAD to cover more of a custom market similar to 2 Wheel Tuner.. unfortunatly it is the only way to cover the Stuntriding world and still create enough revenue thro advertisers...and advertising is the key...It's where all your money is made...
Old 02-01-2007, 12:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

What ever happened to Asphault Magazine??

I think that was the name. It had an article with Teach and how he invented the Boston Stragler in one issue.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:24 PM

1SMF is an unknown quantity at this point

Valeska it will be as big as a phone book if we let you have it your way.
I'll commit to a year of advertising and carry it to distribute to dealers if needed.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:32 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

ASPHALT magazine was probably the best stunt mag ever produced, all pictures and little text.....that's what people want to see.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:34 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Plus, at XSBA events they handed them out for FREE!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:38 PM

yungryder is a decent person

Ya, im sick of seeing chorme, and chrome, and Fighterama pictures from across the world, and chrome.....

There needs to be a section in every issue, interviewing a new team or group and giving them exposure...Time to make it about the little guys, not that i dont mind seeing Darius's pimp toys...It needs to be a magazine for the poeple, by the people..
Old 02-01-2007, 12:48 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

I would definitely buy it.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

Originally Posted by yungryder
Ya, im sick of seeing chorme, and chrome, and Fighterama pictures from across the world, and chrome.....

There needs to be a section in every issue, interviewing a new team or group and giving them exposure...Time to make it about the little guys, not that i dont mind seeing Darius's pimp toys...It needs to be a magazine for the poeple, by the people..

:YEAH :YEAH
Old 02-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Originally Posted by 1SMF
Valeska it will be as big as a phone book if we let you have it your way.
I'll commit to a year of advertising and carry it to distribute to dealers if needed.
LOL! No it wouldn't dear, aside from the interviews & articles, which would be a full page or two, the other stuff is good for tucking into a little block or margin strip here or there, kinda like in Maxim or FHM... the fun little stuff you find more of every time you pick it up & flip back through it.

And Thomas I would be happy to take it upon myself to do whatever I could to get it carried in the local shops & stores in my area (there's a bunch!), and I am sure others in other areas would be happy to do the same to help support it & get it out.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:34 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Mikie
What ever happened to Asphault Magazine??

I think that was the name. It had an article with Teach and how he invented the Boston Stragler in one issue.

Damien invented the Boston Strangler.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nags
Damien invented the Boston Strangler.

i had the poster inside that issue with damien's extreme plumbing...doing a tall hc on the classic dub R with no handbrake, decent sprockets, and the relaxed camera look!

Quick Reply: StuntRide Magazine??