StuntRide Magazine??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:29 PM

HARK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: StuntRide Magazine??

A Stunt Mag???? Hell To The ***** Fu#$in Yeahhh!!! You Know Its Got To Rep All Coasts Or The Haters Will Run Wild!
Old 01-29-2007, 02:32 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with MikeM, A trick how to would be good for buyers trying to break into the stunt scene. And yeah, not just pro or west coast riders...lol Save some pages for the run of the mill stunters.... hint hint

Last edited by teva; 01-29-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:39 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally, if it was me and I owned the magazine I would start by printing quarterly just as Thomas said... but I would throw in a bit of most successful magazines. For example: FHM, guys love this mag... so throw in a little FHM flare to StuntRide Mag. HotRod/4x4 etc, these mags talk about building, fabricating, etc... well, we all have to fabricate something for our bikes and some great ideas become innovative parts. Soooo, throw a little bit of the fabrication side into the mag. Not everyone here knows about Full Throttle Inc. setups, or the type of fittings to use, or what 6061 Aluminum is or how to weld it. There are very smart people on here that know WTF they are talking about. It would cost nothing to put an article in there such as "TIPS FOR TIGGING" or something generic like that.

I'm no pro, I would love to read about an article on how to TIG weld properly. Ask JohnnyP... I bet he'd love to provide a very nice 2 or 3 page synopsis on how to TIG properly.

How about a section on how to do certain stunts? For example, doing a front flip off the bike and having it park on it's kick stand, well what gear are they in? How does it coast to a stop so well? Do they have a rubber band they hook around the front brake lever so it will drag? Just examples like that.

The Brunelle brothers alone could provide the comedy portion!!

Personally, stick with what works... don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Thomas, if you need anymore ideas just paypal me! HAHAHA
Old 01-29-2007, 02:48 PM

showtyme can only hope to improve

I think everyone has great ideas and are supportive of the mag. It's gonna take alot of people helping that don't care about making money. Hopefully this works out. Good Luck.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:39 PM

ate_1_2many is an unknown quantity at this point

your too late........ excessa already set-up a company to do that !!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:48 PM

Taylor PG is a decent person

Hell yea.:YEAH .
Old 01-29-2007, 06:52 PM

stuntf@n is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe put in a section for charity rides, or charity stunt shows, for the month(s) coming up. Maybe it could show a positive light on the sport.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:14 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

anyone interested can go vote on who gets the first cover!

http://www.stuntride.com/forum/index...cseen#msg54122
Old 01-31-2007, 04:55 PM

Hazen is a decent person

I would buy / sell it at the shop but stunters usually don't spend $$$ from what I've seen.

Sure there are alot of guys that have real jobs and buy nice parts but 90% of these guys are on haggard bikes...

me being one of them
Old 01-31-2007, 05:54 PM

Schooler is a decent person

would you buy it?

of course wed buy it..this is a stunt forum....usually pertaining to people who like stunting..thats like getting on a sewing forum and asking us if we'd buy the new knitting mag
Old 01-31-2007, 06:33 PM

NastySVC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
Whats your thoughts on the current magazine situation?

do you think a small underground stunt only magazine could survive??

would you buy it?

what would you like to see in it?
everything would be good, pros, up and coming all that i like asphaly magazine..i bet 95% of the folks on this board would subscribe i know i would..keep us posted
Old 01-31-2007, 06:53 PM

95% of 50k = 47,500 k

doubt it
Old 01-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
95% of 50k = 47,500 k

doubt it
U still selling 905 cages?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:55 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

Do it.......
Old 01-31-2007, 08:55 PM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point

what ever happened to asphalt magazine? that magazine had some of the earliest coverage of stuntriding....
Old 01-31-2007, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by villa76
U still selling 905 cages?

nah too much drama and hassle.... you know that... mess ups on everyones part, missed emails, missed shipments.. me travelling.. I just got over it and sold the site... I want to sell stuff again, but it would only be if it was in stock in my own warehouse where it was 100% my responsibility and 100% under my control
Old 02-01-2007, 04:58 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person

Would this be more of an "underground," true-to-life & lifestyle insider mag for stunters, or more geared toward displaying the scene to the general public?

It sounds obvious, but if it is then I question the concern some have expressed about it needing to be squeaky clean & come off "professionally." Yes, most of us are trying to see this into being a professional sport, and yes image & behaviour is important to the major sponsors, etc.
But I don't think they will be so much of the market, even as advertisers, and not enough that it would warrant over-sanitizing the publication to avoid the slim chance of offending them.

Your hardcore devoted audience (read: CONTRIBUTORS, both $ & content) is going to be those who DO want to see scantily clad bike bunnies, WILL find great humor in the submitted photographic documentation of pranking, tea bagging, creative fireworks applications, out of control parties, etc. and who DON'T insist on any of it being a palatable to the public package. This is our lives & how we live them, and if it isn't, we probably wish it was.

I think we would enjoy seeing it celebrated honestly in all it's ugly glory. If you have to wrap the mag in brown paper & be 18+ to purchase it, so be it. I am willing to bet you would have all the more avid following for it.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:15 AM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

^^^ I think the Mag should be geareed towards the riders and not every tom dick and harry that might happen to see it on a mag. stand.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person

Agreed. It will have a much more devoted & loyal following, people who will actually jump up to help keep it going if it gets rough at any time. And the backers would only increase with time. I say go for it. We're all behind you and surely will do whatever we can to help.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:41 AM

Tony L can only hope to improve

i'de support it and im sure our shop, hai, and warped toys would sell it in the shops. It doesn't just have to feature just street freestyle why not some FMX. it would be a good way to diversify genres, bring the fmx market in. Also diversify the riders no one wants to see a rider on 20 different pages. Make it an east and west coast mag too. if you look at ssb 80% of the time its west coast riders. unless its a article shot by Photo @ a comp

Quick Reply: StuntRide Magazine??