StuntRide Magazine??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 12:13 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: StuntRide Magazine??

reasonable price and I'll sign up for a couple years worth to help support the mag.......

but I do agree that you gotta set a limit on content if...
1) you wanna be able to sell it in stores
2)you want to keep a loyal fan base
3)you want to get new subscribers
4)and if you want it to make a positive impact on the sport.

nudity wouldn't be the best idea for those things, and even though a few bikini clad or neerly naked women wouldn't be as bad it would need to be oriented towards the sport, not just hot, half-naked chicks just thrown in to look at....as far as street riding, it would need to have disclamiers that the mag does not condone or promote it...blah blah blah, but don't exclude it from the mag....cause that would start my subscription right there!

If the mag starts off I would do more than 16 pages......at least 30 or so, enough to where the reader is gonna feel like they at least got their money's worth........if I paid $6 per mag for a 16 page mag, it would have to be printed on 14" X19" paper!

To help the mag get started and have a better chance at success you might consider offering ad space to the stunt companies and companies that are sonsoring alot of the top riders, you might also consider a for sale section where people can post their bike, trailer, parts, whatever for sale. Sell the space per block with so many blocks per page and section it off by category. Can help with alot of the expenses selling a 3 block space for $25 bucks, and having 60 or more blocks per page......make those last couple pages a newspaper quality paper with those classifieds inside the back cover....cuts cost on those pages too.

Sounds like an option we all want, especially since my last couple fo SSB have SUCKED and I won't be getting subscription through them cause I didn't get it to look at 2 pages of stunting and tona of pages of custom sportbikes and even track bikes now.......R6 race project with a new R6 and tossing the old carbed R6 to build a stunter (cause you don't want money in a bike you're gonna destroy)...WTF?????? this isn't cycle world or motorcyclists!!!!!! Knock that **** off!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:34 AM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought About This Before, But I Lack The Means To Travel.
I Think Its A Great Idea And I Would Definately Suscribe. It Should Just Be Real, And Cover All Aspects Of Stuntriding. I Agree On The Chicks Too, As Long As Its Professional It Shouldnt Be A Problem.
Long Overdue, Good Luck.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:35 AM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

you if u guys want babes so much just get a playboy mag
Old 01-29-2007, 12:40 AM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

I would buy it.

But you have to keep in mind that most of the top magazines dont make there money off subscriptions or sales, they make 80% or more of there profit from big companys advertising in the mag.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:54 AM

Saturnin is a decent person

yo thomas..why dont you bring asphalt back? Asphalt was the original mag, ppl woud love to see it back, get in touch with the guys who did it and see what you can do.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:43 AM

my03LTZ400 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would subscribe to it too
Old 01-29-2007, 03:01 AM

Artiom can only hope to improve

stunt mag would be nice!! ssb used to be nice,now it's all same crap as the rest of magazines: all custom or drag bikes.good thing still has a little part of stunting in it...
Old 01-29-2007, 03:10 AM

DWJmoto will become famous soon enough

Yes I'd buy it sign me up:YEAH
Old 01-29-2007, 07:10 AM
go **** yourself

brian127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by letsride
I would buy it.

But you have to keep in mind that most of the top magazines dont make there money off subscriptions or sales, they make 80% or more of there profit from big companys advertising in the mag.
yes. i use to work write for www.motoplayground.com and i was very good friends with the owner harold. i was on the cover of his second issue, and i was there from the beginning. he made snot off subscribers. hell it really didnt matter if anyone bought the ******* thing. for the first 4 or 5 yeras, they were completly free anyways. but he was extremly good at talking to companies and getting them onboard. (as in honda kawasaki etc - but i know of a little trick he did to get them on board its stupid but it worked) he now distributes his magazines in 4 regions as 4 different magazines, and has a national amateur magazine as well which is moto playground.

Last edited by brian127; 01-29-2007 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 AM
go **** yourself

brian127 is an unknown quantity at this point

also - well i havent seen a ssb in like a year, but. id imagine, that alot of the reason why its becoming more drag or crome is that, not very many if any at all stunt companies are paying big money for advertising in that magazine. you kinda have to make content related to your big money advertisers. its a dog eat dog world. its not cheap to run a magazine, just like what happened to stuntlife. the costs are also high running a big forum. gotta go were the money is.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:43 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
Whats your thoughts on the current magazine situation?

do you think a small underground stunt only magazine could survive??

would you buy it?

what would you like to see in it?
1. seriously gone downhill

2. If you could get the printing costs low enough. You'd have to rely on submissions (photograpy and otherwise) from users ALOT, which could potentially work.

3. Absolutely. Although, I think that the majority of the potential customers are right here in this thread. I dont think it'll do good on the outside.

4. Guys in jeans and hoodies doing cool tricks on beat up bikes. Trick How-tos like thrsaher had. Bike setup tips. Interviews with riders, and not necessarily pro riders. Local scene editorials. Wouldnt mind seein girls in it of course, but theyd have to be girls who are in the stunt scene, not just random models.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:15 AM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point

great idea! i love SSB but man i'm gettin sick of the ton of custom bikes a little stunt coverage!
it would be sweet to have a mag with event coverage, bike set ups, new products, interviews etc........
i'd def be buying it !:YEAH
Old 01-29-2007, 08:28 AM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

would you do lifetime subscriptions?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:06 AM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

hell i'd buy a scrip to it....i bought a scrip to the ASPHALT 4yrs ago and never got **** for a mag and they closed down and never returned my money or anything......but i'd still support it and buy a scrip....!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:26 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough

would you buy it?

sex sells baby. put a plastuc sleeve around em and tons of ****** .... it will sell
Old 01-29-2007, 01:33 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i'll subscribe as long as i'm in it LOL

j/k

thomas-----i would support that mag 110% you know that!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MikeM

4. Guys in jeans and hoodies doing cool tricks on beat up bikes. Trick How-tos like thrsaher had. Bike setup tips. Interviews with riders, and not necessarily pro riders. Local scene editorials. Wouldnt mind seein girls in it of course, but theyd have to be girls who are in the stunt scene, not just random models.

+1423578
Old 01-29-2007, 01:59 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

ill buy it...
Old 01-29-2007, 02:11 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

anybody ever remember street style magazine or asphalt magazine?

exactly.

it takes money to make money. i know nick spent over 25 g's to try and start street style magazine.

i would say do it if you really want to, but be careful thomas, it should be a well planned decision

Last edited by Ryan Cramer; 01-29-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:22 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

would you buy it?

i think supersquidbike magazine is a pile of **** and will never be what it used to be.

yes.

yes.

everything and anything that is related to stuntriding. shows, comps, interviews, cage reviews, handbrake reviews, sprockets, tires, small name people or who are on the come up, bitches bitches and more bitches, no lowered busas at all whatsoever,

Quick Reply: StuntRide Magazine??