tank wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 09:20 PM

TGixxer1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: tank wheelies

Do some sit ups. Abs and forearms is what you need. If that doesnt work and you really dont want to dent your tank, try a little grip tape or 20 bucks to have the top of your tank RinoLined for *** traction
Old 01-27-2007, 10:38 PM

Burial87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 05R6on1
be careful skateboard grip tape will start to tear your jeans after a while but works amazing, try getting some stuff from a hardware store for steps on a porch or whatever its grippy but wont tear jeans as bad and the skate grip tape tends to come apart slightly and the small grains will scratch your tank sometimes when you go to slide back off. i just got a dented tank but was doing spreaders all last summer with my stock one, just a couple 3 inch pieces of grip tape around the fuel cap is about all you should need, and dont wax your tank ever, or do just the sides and not around the fuel cap, the further you lean back the higher you can get your legs and the better it looks. good luck
yeh, b4 u know it the skateboard tape will eat the shiit out of ur pants and u'll b assed out like u got ur pant seat caught in the sproket
Old 01-27-2007, 11:45 PM

OLEARY is an unknown quantity at this point

best thing to do go on ebay buy a crashed tank and dent that
Old 01-28-2007, 04:44 AM

^^^^late news. thats why it pays to read the comments
j/k
Old 01-28-2007, 04:49 AM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
^ he is right... u'll never do good spreaders without a dented tank... no point in doing them unless you do them correctly.
i´m a euro but he´s fking right man!!
Old 01-28-2007, 05:06 AM

yeh and u dont want to slide off on a potential spreader......eatin shiit meand EATIN SHIIT guy
Old 01-30-2007, 12:28 AM

DWJmoto will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stevocanevo
Drink a redbull
+1 redbull gives you wings
Old 01-30-2007, 12:50 AM

ninjaskills66 is an unknown quantity at this point

i hook my foot around my frame sliders when sitting on the tank on my sv cause the tank isn't dented in, clutch it up and when it gets up i do a spreader. but watch out, i put two dents in my tank from my butt coming down from spreaders haha
Old 01-30-2007, 12:54 AM

level12concepts is an unknown quantity at this point

Ebay is the way to go for a spare tank. After a couple of hard landings your tank will be denting itself.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:06 AM

Clint Ewing is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't get skateboard grip, it will tear a whole in your pants after one day of riding. Go to http://www.techspec-usa.com and buy (two) 7.5 x 13.0 inch sheets for $39. Best stuff on earth and won't rip you a new one!

-Clint Ewing

Dunlop
Scorpion Helmets
Jardine Exhausts
Galfer
Scotts Performance
Old 01-30-2007, 01:20 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clint Ewing
Don't get skateboard grip, it will tear a whole in your pants after one day of riding. Go to http://www.techspec-usa.com and buy (two) 7.5 x 13.0 inch sheets for $39. Best stuff on earth and won't rip you a new one!

+1 Tech-spec is the best... skate tape rips holes in a couple hours.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:20 AM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

tank wheelies are dangerous. Dont try it or you will crash and possibly scrape a knee or perhaps an elbow.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by DWJmoto
+1 redbull gives you wings
what about red *****???
Old 01-30-2007, 09:34 AM

YodaCon is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it me or are all the squids getting weak. I don't want to dent my tank, I wanna do BP wheelies w/o a brake, I don't want to damage my tail by scapin, and the cops will see the bar and give me a ticket. WWWWAAAAAAAAAwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaa

What happened to just ****** doin it. If you want to do stunts your bike will get fucked up. Bottom line go out to the garage grab a hammer smash the tank kick the plastics, **** throw the bike on the ground. Then ride and try and make the bike look good.

I sit at the spot now listening to all these newbi's worried about how they look in pics and talkin on the cell and just bullshitin. Most these people sit at the spot for 4 hrs and ride for 10 min.

Sorry just venting nothing personal (buy an old tank and dent it). The street scene has changed.

Anyone else notice this
Old 01-30-2007, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by YodaCon
Is it me or are all the squids getting weak. I don't want to dent my tank, I wanna do BP wheelies w/o a brake, I don't want to damage my tail by scapin, and the cops will see the bar and give me a ticket. WWWWAAAAAAAAAwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaa

What happened to just ****** doin it. If you want to do stunts your bike will get fucked up. Bottom line go out to the garage grab a hammer smash the tank kick the plastics, **** throw the bike on the ground. Then ride and try and make the bike look good.

I sit at the spot now listening to all these newbi's worried about how they look in pics and talkin on the cell and just bullshitin. Most these people sit at the spot for 4 hrs and ride for 10 min.

Sorry just venting nothing personal (buy an old tank and dent it). The street scene has changed.

Anyone else notice this
+1 i agree. it has. ppl are getting to pretty about it when this sport from the beginning is hardcore. its not about being pretty, hell if u want to do that, ride bitch like a girl on the back of a next bike! its about phukkin ur bike up a bit, but having fun doing it, and seeing how far u can go with the skill that drives ur adrenaline. i agree with u 1000%. ur right.
the posts are getting rediculous. no offense.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:07 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
tank wheelies are dangerous. Dont try it or you will crash and possibly scrape a knee or perhaps an elbow.
L

O

L

Old 01-30-2007, 12:39 PM

^^^^^nice tekteker arif avatar. looks like someones a fan
Old 01-30-2007, 01:47 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

hell ya! if i want to look good i will get my r1 or my repsol out. i love the fact that my stunt bike looks like a piece of crap. its funny when im out rideing with squids and they are on there nice clean bikes. when girls want to ride they look at my stunter and our scared. the funny thing is that they would be much more safe rideing with a stunt rider that knows how to ride then some squid who has only been rideing for 2 weeks and thinks he is hayden.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:54 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crazy636stunter
hell ya! if i want to look good i will get my r1 or my repsol out. i love the fact that my stunt bike looks like a piece of crap. its funny when im out rideing with squids and they are on there nice clean bikes. when girls want to ride they look at my stunter and our scared. the funny thing is that they would be much more safe rideing with a stunt rider that knows how to ride then some squid who has only been rideing for 2 weeks and thinks he is hayden.

its more impressive to me to see someone doin sick stunts and thier bike looks clean, rather than some beat up old piece of ****. just my . not all of us can afford 3 different bikes for the type of riding we do. i love the twisties and the track and ridin hard and if you set a bike up for full stunt with db bars and all its gonna handle like **** in the corners and so on. deffinately invest in a dented tank off ebay and add some bondo to it, you'll thank everyone later for tellin you to do it, i got mine off ebay for less than 50 and the dent was already in the place where i was gonna dent it anyways. its not that hard to do and is so much better you wont believe it till you try it, i'll never go back to a normal tank on any bike of mine other than a track bike when i can afford 2 have 2 different bikes. i never dented my tank when it wasn't dented tho, just busted my nuts and almost went over the windshield a couple times, much safer bein dented listen to everyone.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:55 PM

Hazen is a decent person

Get a junk tank and / or grip tape it.

Rub the grip tape against it's self b4 u put it on so it doesn't rip your pants though.

Quick Reply: tank wheelies