Alpinestars vs. Icon

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 10:47 AM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all
Re: Alpinestars vs. Icon

Originally Posted by vertical_joe
BMW F800 will not be available until late Feb. of this year. CP has had his for well over a year.

Ya I just went and looked at Nags pics to see it. Thats gatta be nice, having a bike thats not even out yet.:YEAH
Old 01-20-2007, 11:02 AM

Garethzx6r is an unknown quantity at this point

vertical, that a sweet avator!!!!!very nice
Old 01-20-2007, 11:09 AM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Darius
Alpinestars= best protection, fit, best riders in the world wear it, moto x, motard, formula 1, karting. moto gp, wsb, ama, stuntriding.

Joe Rocket = Generic style, dont fit, looks like crap, kane wears it, only company to make a pink guys jacket.

Icon= looks cool but falls apart, glamma style, no racers wear it.
+11111111

Alpinestar passes Icon and Rocket by far....I hate the Icon line, it looks like a joke with all the gay *** **** the put on it.....Rocket isnt as bad but still cant hold a candle to Alpinestar....!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:12 AM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Joe Vert, Darius, Dan since you guys have responded what would you do to win? Cater to the crowd with the easy tricks that you can hit 100% of the time or just pull the sickest tricks and combos out?

Last edited by ABEStunts; 01-20-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:26 AM

funkodelic is an unknown quantity at this point

Astars has saved my a$$ several times, Im sold... would love to see the match up though....
Old 01-20-2007, 11:27 AM

theteacher929 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by letsride
I just dont think the average spectator is a stuntrider. They may ride but not stunt

What kind of bike does CP have thats not out yet?

and of course sponsored riders are going to have stuff before anyone else. Thats just the way it works. I dont get your point in pointing that one out.
he just wanted to brag about having leathers before you could get em
Old 01-20-2007, 11:45 AM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by koiyan
Joe Vert, Darius, Dan since you guys have responded what would you do to win? Cater to the crowd with the easy tricks that you can hit 100% of the time or just pull the sickest tricks and combos out?

Go out and do what I always do....have fun.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by vertical_joe
Go out and do what I always do....have fun.
+1

the crowd can tell if your smiling even through your helmet!

-kane
Old 01-23-2007, 02:13 AM

Jason Britton is an unknown quantity at this point

Prior to my Icon deal i was sponsored by Alpinestars and i crashed doin a wheelie at like 60mph slid down the road on my hands and stomach and the cheap zipper on the jacket failed and i got the worst road rash of my life, on my stomach none the less, I have been protected by the best since i signed with ICON and if it came down to it i would pay to wear something that works before you could pay me to wear another piece of crap that Astars makes. I cant speak for joe rocket or any other manufacturer as i have never worn it. As for the Icon team VS Astars team comp i would love to see that one, Darius and company better work on more than just circles.

Jason Britton
Old 01-23-2007, 02:32 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

i'm not gonna lie... i rocked the rocket my first 3 years riding. i tried some Astar ****, but i am outfitted with icon nowadays. BUT, i do still roll with rocket and Astar for the gloves....
Old 01-23-2007, 03:26 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

I just ordered my a.star titan casual jacket. I'm using it for riding too though.
I like it cuz not every other dude out here is rocking it in some shape or form.

your talking to someone who see's protection as a hoody too btw.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:12 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jason Britton
Prior to my Icon deal i was sponsored by Alpinestars and i crashed doin a wheelie at like 60mph slid down the road on my hands and stomach and the cheap zipper on the jacket failed and i got the worst road rash of my life, on my stomach none the less, I have been protected by the best since i signed with ICON and if it came down to it i would pay to wear something that works before you could pay me to wear another piece of crap that Astars makes. I cant speak for joe rocket or any other manufacturer as i have never worn it. As for the Icon team VS Astars team comp i would love to see that one, Darius and company better work on more than just circles.

Jason Britton

Ya I guess Icon uses those "superior" zippers that aren't made in malasia, china, hong kong, etc. Truth is damn near every zipper, from ones on your jeans to your leather jacket are all made by the same company. I would trust what's been around the longest, what road racers wear that frequently crash at close to 200mph. Saying that Astar is crap is preposterous lol They run the protection industry and I also would buy their gear before I would use anything inferior.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:51 AM

yungryder is a decent person

I still say Team Jnco would tear it up...............
Old 01-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

I rock the Icon myself, I just didnt like the fit of the A-Star jackets. But the icon tarmac gloves or whatever they are called are garbage, I loved how they felt and the grip but they tore arpart from just a year of riding. The palms have no protection and such thin leather that they had huge holes on them just from the handle bars and nothing else. I wanted to see if they would send me a new pair since I did like them and would send the other ones back to them, but they totally shut me down and didnt care. I was pretty pissed about that one. I mean what if those gloves where new and i was sliding across the pavement, they would of torn just as bad and left my hands in pieces.

So Jason, tell them to get me another pair, I still have the old ones and want to send them in, i mean they are ridiculous at how thin and weak the palms where. I would think that they would back up their product, but by the looks of it so far. Nothing!

Last edited by GSWITCH33; 01-23-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:20 AM

ive used alpine since the mid 90's for dirt bike riding and i knew then they always made the best gear around....to each their own but i wouldnt use anything but the best and alpine is the best out there....
Old 01-23-2007, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Darius
Ya I guess Icon uses those "superior" zippers that aren't made in malasia, china, hong kong, etc. Truth is damn near every zipper, from ones on your jeans to your leather jacket are all made by the same company. I would trust what's been around the longest, what road racers wear that frequently crash at close to 200mph. Saying that Astar is crap is preposterous lol They run the protection industry and I also would buy their gear before I would use anything inferior.
I love the USA we have the freedom of speech and are all entitled to our opinions and my opinion is based on my personal experience and mine with alpinestars wasn't a good one, when i ended up needing protection and it failed. I have had some pretty bad crashes in ICON and walked away without major injury or rash.

Jason Britton
Old 01-23-2007, 12:00 PM

Hazen is a decent person

I just can't stomach the stuff Icon puts on their gear...

Jackets that say "Cake Walk" on them... or "Lucky13" in green on a jeanjacket.... Fake chain and sparkplug company patches....

Pretty Cheesy
Old 01-23-2007, 12:31 PM

Its not designed for everyone their focus is to be different not just like all the other manufacturers out there.

JB
Old 01-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

And what about them backin up the products. I dont know if you noticed my thread 5 up from this one? Whats the reason for that?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hazen
I just can't stomach the stuff Icon puts on their gear...

Jackets that say "Cake Walk" on them... or "Lucky13" in green on a jeanjacket.... Fake chain and sparkplug company patches....

Pretty Cheesy

+11111111

i hate that ****....draggons, poor looking skuls and ugly looking ****....they have to clean up their look and make it look a lot better.....didnt HJC own ICON or they still do....? it looks like a cheaper line of gear....

Quick Reply: Alpinestars vs. Icon