Serious Post Need Ideas!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 05:09 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts
Serious Post Need Ideas!!!

so being un-employed me and my honkey homie come up with the idea to put a 636 that i had sitting in my garage into his kawi X2 (old school solo jetski) that he had sitting in his garage. the motor fits and we fabricated brackets to hold it in place, now the only problem we have is converting the drive of the motor from "front to back" to "side to side" to turn the jet prop (if your having trouble understanding think about the way a RWD car driveline runs to a ring and pinion to transfer energy to turn the tires). your help is appreciated.

-mexican mayhem
Old 01-18-2007, 05:12 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Serious Post Need Ideas!!!

turn the motor sideways

Post some pics
Old 01-18-2007, 05:12 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

****... need to develop a differential basically... with a countershaft
Old 01-18-2007, 05:16 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yea ...with out pics this thread is like a bean burrito with out the beans
Old 01-18-2007, 05:18 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

^ahahhahahha
Old 01-18-2007, 05:21 PM
DHK

DHK is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds fun. I've got a good Polaris SL1050 engine that I want to put in an aluminum boat. Anyway could you fabricate a shaft with some type of coupler or ragjoint similar to one on a steering box for a car. Thats just an idea. Good Luck!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:00 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

just get a job
Old 01-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by PODIZZLE
turn the motor sideways

Post some pics
already thought of that but because most of the motor weight (cylinder and heads) will be on one side the ski would be lopsided in the water. thought about trying to counter balance, the only thing we could use without adding to much weight would be the fuel cell, which would only work when full. posting pics (shitty cell phone pics until my chic gets off work) in a minute.

-the mexican
Old 01-18-2007, 06:06 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ok i got it

chain drive with a safety cover ,to a 1 to 1 gear box and then just fab the out put shaft on to the gear box ....

you might have to shortin the prop shaft

i have seen the gear boxes for sale at some store but i can't remember what store it was

jc whittney maybe ?
northern tool ?
harbor freight ?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by DLish
just get a job
maybe ill get a job as a barber so you can come see me and get that molester mustache lopped off your upper lip.

-the mexican
Old 01-18-2007, 06:09 PM
also known as OMR

if you get a different gear ratio you could actually under drive it in first and then shift gears .......
Old 01-18-2007, 06:15 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

Or get on ebay and buy a motor that fits lol

Bro if you put up some pics all the southern engineers on here we can def figure it something out
Old 01-18-2007, 06:28 PM
also known as OMR

yeee ***** ****** haaawwww
Old 01-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
if you get a different gear ratio you could actually under drive it in first and then shift gears .......
the gearbox sounds like what we're gonna roll with. depending on the dimensions of the gearbox i might be able to run 2 chains instead of having to cut the shaft. as for shifting i planned on leaving the motor in 6th since there isnt that much resistance from the water and it wont (hopefully) wind out fast. photobucket is down and i dont have highspeed so it will take me forever to find another website to host the pics. if someone is willing to help pm your email and ill shoot you the pictures to host them through a different site.

-the mexican
Old 01-18-2007, 06:41 PM
also known as OMR

at least gear it so your in fifth and can have like an over drive for those long runs...

like when the water is like glass...
Old 01-18-2007, 06:43 PM
*#%@!

Hinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stock05
the gearbox sounds like what we're gonna roll with. depending on the dimensions of the gearbox i might be able to run 2 chains instead of having to cut the shaft. as for shifting i planned on leaving the motor in 6th since there isnt that much resistance from the water and it wont (hopefully) wind out fast. photobucket is down and i dont have highspeed so it will take me forever to find another website to host the pics. if someone is willing to help pm your email and ill shoot you the pictures to host them through a different site.

-the mexican

Air shifter/electronic shifter push button shifting:YEAH
Old 01-18-2007, 06:52 PM

hinks-
ideally thats what we would do, but im guessing you missed the part about we're jobless and thats what made start this project. thats why we're gonna go with the harbor freight gear box. if anything needs to be machined thats not a problem because another friend of mine is a machinist.

old man smarty pants-
that might be a possibility, do you honestly think that there would be that much of a difference between 5th and just leaving it in 6th

still looking for someone to help me post pics

-the mexican
Old 01-18-2007, 06:55 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Also be careful of your oil. Most marine motors are a dry sump lubrication system. You bounce around so much on a jetski that oil will have a difficult time getting up into the engine. If you don't go with a dry sump system, make sure you at least mount an oil pressure gauge somewhere in plain view for your first couple of test runs so you can make sure you are getting pressure and not air pockets b/c of the oil jumping around so much. You also may want to see if their are wind trays or trap doors for motorcycle oil pans. I know cars have designs (check out moroso.com and look at some of their oil pan designs) but I have never heard of bikes having such a design.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:58 PM
*#%@!

Hinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stock05
hinks-
ideally thats what we would do, but im guessing you missed the part about we're jobless and thats what made start this project. thats why we're gonna go with the harbor freight gear box. if anything needs to be machined thats not a problem because another friend of mine is a machinist.

-the mexican
ok some string and a couple of pulleys
Old 01-18-2007, 07:07 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i'd find a motor out of vw bug instead.

Quick Reply: Serious Post Need Ideas!!!