Serious Post Need Ideas!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:15 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Serious Post Need Ideas!!!

Originally Posted by stock05
hinks-
ideally thats what we would do, but im guessing you missed the part about we're jobless and thats what made start this project. thats why we're gonna go with the harbor freight gear box. if anything needs to be machined thats not a problem because another friend of mine is a machinist.

old man smarty pants-
that might be a possibility, do you honestly think that there would be that much of a difference between 5th and just leaving it in 6th

still looking for someone to help me post pics

-the mexican
hmm
i would think so but i would want to be able to run thru the gears if it were mine just because ...

im weird like that ,i would want people saying is that jetski shifting ..hahaha

even if it was just as fast to leave it in 6th i would still shift it once in a while just to freek people out
Old 01-18-2007, 07:16 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ryan S
i'd find a motor out of vw bug instead.

thatd work great....
Old 01-18-2007, 07:18 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Also be careful of your oil. Most marine motors are a dry sump lubrication system. You bounce around so much on a jetski that oil will have a difficult time getting up into the engine. If you don't go with a dry sump system, make sure you at least mount an oil pressure gauge somewhere in plain view for your first couple of test runs so you can make sure you are getting pressure and not air pockets b/c of the oil jumping around so much. You also may want to see if their are wind trays or trap doors for motorcycle oil pans. I know cars have designs (check out moroso.com and look at some of their oil pan designs) but I have never heard of bikes having such a design.
we are actually planning to fill it up like a stunt bike a qt over. the 636 oil pan has a crazy design to make sure the oil sinks down to the pick-up. i think it will actually be easier on the motor since it will still be vertical instead of near vertical.

thanks for everyones input. photobucket is back up so heres the pics kinda shitty but bare with me they were takin with a cell phone.

-the mexican
Old 01-18-2007, 07:20 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

dude that will be sick if you can figure it out for sure want to see video when its done
Old 01-18-2007, 07:20 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

holy **** that bitch is gonna sink hahahahahaha that ******* motor is huge in there
Old 01-18-2007, 07:27 PM

old man smarty pants-

what happened to post pics that will help us help you, "holy **** that bitch is gonna sink hahahahahaha that ******* motor is huge in there."
that doesnt seem like very much help to me. if you havent figured it out yet the first two pics are the front of the ski and the last pic is the prop shaft.

-mexican mayhem
Old 01-18-2007, 07:29 PM
also known as OMR

the ski looks so small ....

bring it to the lake before you do any more work and make sure it will float....

i wasn't being a dick it's just the first thing i thought when i saw it
Old 01-18-2007, 07:31 PM
also known as OMR

trust me i love riggs like this

i make weird **** all the time
Old 01-18-2007, 07:42 PM
You seen Philo Beddoe?

og ryan lee is an unknown quantity at this point

that type of **** is my forte. you should put it in the water with the engine sitting in it sideways to see for sure if it is really going to list to one side or not.. it might not be as far out of balance as you think.

i would definitely hook up a slap shifter and a clutch lever on that bitch
Old 01-18-2007, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
the ski looks so small ....

bring it to the lake before you do any more work and make sure it will float....

i wasn't being a dick it's just the first thing i thought when i saw it
i didnt take it like that, i wasnt tryin to jump your **** either. i was being sarcastic just forgot to add the
Old 01-18-2007, 11:43 PM

bump!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Whitetrash

JEFF4EZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stock05
maybe ill get a job as a barber so you can come see me and get that molester mustache lopped off your upper lip.

-the mexican
Old 01-19-2007, 01:29 AM

DWJmoto will become famous soon enough

sounds like a neat project