chain guard! must see!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:33 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: chain guard! must see!!!

andy clem from controlled insanity (yellow guy) has been fabricatin them up for awhile now.. his **** is top notch. i dont have one tho..... ooh thats bad
Old 01-18-2007, 12:40 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jowalskiMO
andy clem from controlled insanity (yellow guy) has been fabricatin them up for awhile now.. his **** is top notch. i dont have one tho..... ooh thats bad
yup.....be callin you "nubs" if you lop off a finger or two........we'll be fabbing one up when we do the cage and paint and stuff for my 600RR
Old 01-18-2007, 12:51 PM

ZANE is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually losing fingers is more common than you would think, especially in agriculture. I know at least 4 people who have lost fingers.

As far as horses are concerned, fingers are usually lost when dallying (sp?) up. (when roping something you wrap the rope around horn of saddle, easy to get a finger in there) I lost mine when tying up the horse. The horse set back at an inopportune moment (while my finger was in the knot).

For motorcycles, Aaron got his in the chain I think, the guy from artic attack got his between the bike and the ice, and a guy I ride with also got his between the bike and ground during a crash. Also, a guy I know lost his big toe nail when his foot went in the chain, lucky he didn't lose more.

BTW there is one crash in JD4 where the guy lands on top the bike on his stomach as it comes to a stop. I cringe because his weiner has to be really close to the chain. I couldn't imagine losing the co(k and ***** like that!!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:16 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

you talking about bourne's Stunt Fest crash??? Yeah that woulda been BAD. bourne's a champ tho he rode it to the stop... he aint skurred
Old 01-18-2007, 01:22 PM

billys_r1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah i never thought of having one till the sprocket sucked in my glove...i was scrapin the tail and my foot slipped off the rearset...and when i fell my glove barely caught my middle finger out of all fingers...haha...
Old 01-18-2007, 02:00 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

id buy one, but why not make the lower portion the size of the upper since thats where it really counts, just a suggestion.

-the mexican
Old 01-18-2007, 02:07 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

it just needs to keep you away from where the chain and sprocket meet..

the chain alone isnt too dangerous..
Old 01-18-2007, 02:12 PM

numberTWO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger

i like my fingers too........
Your bike is so sick.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:13 PM

thanks for the input "old man smarty pants"

-the mexican
Old 01-18-2007, 02:18 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

thats the biggest i can make the pic ..

its huge on my screen ,very clear too..

is it small when you veiw it ?t takes up half my screen lol
I can see everything fine but I am confused with what's going on in the lower swing arm. It looks almost like there are two sprockets there, one sitting in front of the other.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:23 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by numberTWO
Your bike is so sick.
thanks ,it look's better when i was and wax it

and vertical j,thats the chain guard ..

i thought it should kinda fit in with the style of the sprocket

and stock 05 .....well ....i don't have a come back for ''smarty pant's'' but it did make me giggle
Old 01-18-2007, 02:29 PM

giggle??? who says that???

-the mexican
Old 01-18-2007, 02:31 PM
also known as OMR

old white guy's..........

<<<<<<<<<<and again with the giggle
Old 01-18-2007, 02:34 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

outstanding chain guard idea billy, i've heard countless horror stories about fingers getting caught in sprockets, and i'd hate to be next.

oldmanroger yes that bike is sick how do you like full fairings? its been awhile since i've rocked like that and i love the way db bars feel. does it limit anything such as tucking through to special k?
Old 01-18-2007, 02:37 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
outstanding chain guard idea billy, i've heard countless horror stories about fingers getting caught in sprockets, and i'd hate to be next.

oldmanroger yes that bike is sick how do you like full fairings? its been awhile since i've rocked like that and i love the way db bars feel. does it limit anything such as tucking through to special k?
yes it does for me cause im not very flexible, but ive seen a lot of people doing pull throughs with ff .

i just like the look
Old 01-18-2007, 02:44 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

the chain guard on the bottom of the swingarm is a good idea. D-aces cory has had one on his bike forever now. However the top part is useless.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:50 PM

old white guy's..........

<<<<<<<<<<and again with the giggle

rofl

-the mexican
Old 01-18-2007, 02:51 PM

showtyme can only hope to improve

Roger, that is a really nice bike. Have you ever thought about pulling off the reflectors and getting rid of the mudflap? I think that would clean it up a little more.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:53 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by showtyme
Roger, that is a really nice bike. Have you ever thought about pulling off the reflectors and getting rid of the mudflap? I think that would clean it up a little more.
hahaha i put them back on cause i thought it was funnier that way
Old 01-18-2007, 02:57 PM

billys_r1 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah the top dosent really do a lot but i just made it to have one...i just drilled and tapped into the bottom of the swingarm and bolted it on...in the pic tho it's kinda taped up there so i could get a pic...but i think it would be a good thing to have on the bike...it was a freak accident that just happened...i mean $50 worth the material is WAY cheaper than $10,000 hospital bills....

Quick Reply: chain guard! must see!!!