Hand Brake Front Master

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:42 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Dean Ellis is an unknown quantity at this point
Hand Brake Front Master

SO GOT THE HOOK UP FROM BILL WITH A NON ANODIZED FULL THROTTLE REAR MASTER. I HAD TO HAVE IT SENT OUT OVER NIGHT, BLAH BLAH (THANKS AGAIN BILL, YOU ARE THE MAN!) WORKS GREAT NO PROBLEMS EXCEPT I SEEM TO BE HAVING A PROBLEMS WITH MY FRONT MASTER? IT OFF A 98 ZX9 (5/8 NISSIN). NOW IS IT ME OR DOES THAT MASTER JUST SUCK? I DONT TRUST IT AT ALL, DOESNT HAVE REALLY ANY FEEL, AND I WENT OVER BACKWARDS DOING A SS IN THE LOT LAST WEEK. NO AIR IN THE LINE, NOTHING, IDK? WHAT FRONT MASTERS SHOULD I BE RUNNING WITH THE FULL THROTTLE SYSTEM?

help? input?

-Dean
Old 01-10-2007, 01:12 AM

Ed-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hand Brake Front Master

If you can afford it get a brembo RM There the shizznit(there really pricey though) thats what I run w/ my Fullthrottle setup and I friggen love it, It will make all your buddies jelous too. But If your looking for something inexspencive a 04-06GSx front RM will do the trick. Pretty much any RM is the way to go.You can always swap the two you have around and see how you like it, your gsx should have a RM front..........
Old 01-10-2007, 09:35 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dean Ellis
SO GOT THE HOOK UP FROM BILL WITH A NON ANODIZED FULL THROTTLE REAR MASTER. I HAD TO HAVE IT SENT OUT OVER NIGHT, BLAH BLAH (THANKS AGAIN BILL, YOU ARE THE MAN!) WORKS GREAT NO PROBLEMS EXCEPT I SEEM TO BE HAVING A PROBLEMS WITH MY FRONT MASTER? IT OFF A 98 ZX9 (5/8 NISSIN). NOW IS IT ME OR DOES THAT MASTER JUST SUCK? I DONT TRUST IT AT ALL, DOESNT HAVE REALLY ANY FEEL, AND I WENT OVER BACKWARDS DOING A SS IN THE LOT LAST WEEK. NO AIR IN THE LINE, NOTHING, IDK? WHAT FRONT MASTERS SHOULD I BE RUNNING WITH THE FULL THROTTLE SYSTEM?

help? input?

-Dean
no need to yell

gixxer radial master cylinders seem to work fine from what I hear....also here everybody loves the Brembo 16X18, or if you got baller money get the PVM radial master Daniel Jackson has for his handbrake. Don't know if it works better or not, but its pretty!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:14 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Dont waste your time with that junk master.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:40 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

whats better, a 5/8 or a 14mm? i know the 92954 is the best non-radial master but whats second best?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:39 AM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

Nags Is Right , Get A Brembo 16 X 18 ( Best For The Money ) Only Like 180 Bones Or So , Or Be A Man Take Out A Loan And Get A Pvm Master !!!! Thats What The Rocket Sientist At Nasa Are Using...
Old 01-10-2007, 12:06 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

rock the brembo, it is the caddillac of masters.....if you can't afford it, check our website out, we have a variety of different master cylinders that you can choose from depending on your price range......

www.HAIbikeshop.com
Old 01-10-2007, 01:46 PM

Bill McMahon is a decent person

5/8" master is the worst you could possibly use (followed by the cbr1000rr clutch master cylinder). I posted up a test on masters years ago on my first site. I attached each master to a clip-on held in a vise and then hung 20 lbs. from the lever (same spot on each lever, on each master) with a hydraulic pressure gauge attached at the output hole. The 14mm conventional style master and the gsxr radial made 525 and 615 psi respectively (i'll look, maybe I can dig up those images). The 5/8 was down in the 300's. It's too big of a piston with not enough leverage on it.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:13 PM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

like i said before Bill works for NASA on the side as a rocket scientist he just does this as a side job to pay for the womans mercedes , EVERYONE listen to what this man says , he is always helpfull and lets you know why your **** doesnt work or bleen right etc,!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bill McMahon
5/8" master is the worst you could possibly use (followed by the cbr1000rr clutch master cylinder). I posted up a test on masters years ago on my first site. I attached each master to a clip-on held in a vise and then hung 20 lbs. from the lever (same spot on each lever, on each master) with a hydraulic pressure gauge attached at the output hole. The 14mm conventional style master and the gsxr radial made 525 and 615 psi respectively (i'll look, maybe I can dig up those images). The 5/8 was down in the 300's. It's too big of a piston with not enough leverage on it.
any idea how much pressure one of us retards can actually put on a lever??? Wondering if thats why you used 20lbs of weight, versus 10 or 15.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:36 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

5/8 = 15mm right?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
5/8 = 15mm right?
5/8 = 10/16 or 15/24

1" = 25.4mm SOOOOOOO 5/8" is equivelant to 15.875mm ........so its closer to 16mm
Old 01-10-2007, 03:48 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

pvm billet
brembo 16x18
cbr1000rr brake master
gixxer radial master
929/954rr
900rr

in that order
Old 01-10-2007, 03:55 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
pvm billet
brembo 16x18
cbr1000rr brake master
gixxer radial master
929/954rr
900rr

in that order
you forgot aboot the brembo radial 14mm that comes on the R1s .......................
Old 01-10-2007, 05:54 PM

Bill McMahon is a decent person

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
any idea how much pressure one of us retards can actually put on a lever??? Wondering if thats why you used 20lbs of weight, versus 10 or 15.

I only used it because it was somehthing that made enough pressure to be measurable. Other wise the weight was random and just used to keep a standard (you've got alot more than 20lbls of force in your hand) rather than grabbing mongo and seeing how far he could wrap the needle around with each one. He could get tired by the 4th test and throw everything off.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:01 PM

keithk76 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive got an 05 r1 radial master. that should work good right?? i think its a brembo and it says 16 is that good?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:22 PM

marcus_136 is an unknown quantity at this point

I´ve tried zx9r clutch master (14mm), gixxer 1000 radial master, 1000rr radial master, r6 -06 radial master, some Chinese non-brand master and I think that the 1000rr radial master works the best. I use 1 finger for EVERYTHING, and then I´ve moved the master inside the clutch so I take as far out on the lever as possible. I dont think you need any better handbrake than this setup that I have.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:13 PM

VK_Boomer is an unknown quantity at this point

i rock an 05 gsxr radial front master, bought some f/s clipons. i keep the clip-on as stock as possibly and since their 12inch instead of 8, i but my master on the opp. side of the fork, so my finger places perfectly at the end of the lever. i can do ss scraps doing about 3mph and bring it back 1 fingered. i've tried just about every possiby setup imaginable. i found that you can rock just about any master as long as you can either a) pull that b/tch like a champ or b) proper leverage of the lever. heres a pic of my setup. and dont tell anyone my secret.lol

Old 01-10-2007, 09:59 PM

I only used it because it was somehthing that made enough pressure to be measurable. Other wise the weight was random and just used to keep a standard (you've got alot more than 20lbls of force in your hand) rather than grabbing mongo and seeing how far he could wrap the needle around with each one. He could get tired by the 4th test and throw everything off.
so what you're really saying is my 'guns' got some serious force behind em???
Old 01-10-2007, 10:37 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Bill... no disrespect intended.... but isn't a 5/8 master the same as a 16mm master... which, in the "real world", is THE preferred master of choice for a hb?

If your test results make sense then the 954 brake master would suck even worse, (which it dosen't according to most) being a larger piston size? And so would the 1000rr. No?

Just because a particular master puts out the most pressure, dosen't mean it'll make the best handbrake. I mean... who cares how much pressure it puts out if you don't even have the other 50% of the equation (surface area of the slave caliper piston OR pistons)?

Just my but when your out using these things every day, real world experience is 10x more valuable than controled "laboratory tests or math equations".

Last edited by kj; 01-10-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Hand Brake Front Master