Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hand Brake Front Master

yup^^
Old 01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Dean Ellis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VK_Boomer
i rock an 05 gsxr radial front master, bought some f/s clipons. i keep the clip-on as stock as possibly and since their 12inch instead of 8, i but my master on the opp. side of the fork, so my finger places perfectly at the end of the lever. i can do ss scraps doing about 3mph and bring it back 1 fingered. i've tried just about every possiby setup imaginable. i found that you can rock just about any master as long as you can either a) pull that b/tch like a champ or b) proper leverage of the lever. heres a pic of my setup. and dont tell anyone my secret.lol

cheers!!!!!! **** is dope!
Old 01-25-2007, 06:41 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

this front master cylinder **** is confusing everyone seems to have a different opinion, i want one that will bring me back if i go too far even at higher speeds so idk what one to get, i dont want it super touchy and to bring me down too fast but i dont want it to not be enough and go over backwards either, most peopel seem to like the 929/954 the best so i think thats what i'm gonna go with
Old 01-25-2007, 06:57 PM

Bill McMahon is a decent person

Originally Posted by kj954
Bill... no disrespect intended.... but isn't a 5/8 master the same as a 16mm master... which, in the "real world", is THE preferred master of choice for a hb?

If your test results make sense then the 954 brake master would suck even worse, (which it dosen't according to most) being a larger piston size? And so would the 1000rr. No?

Just because a particular master puts out the most pressure, dosen't mean it'll make the best handbrake. I mean... who cares how much pressure it puts out if you don't even have the other 50% of the equation (surface area of the slave caliper piston OR pistons)?

Just my but when your out using these things every day, real world experience is 10x more valuable than controled "laboratory tests or math equations".
None taken
The bore size isn't the only thing to consider. The distance between the pivot point and where the the lever actuates the piston must be factored along with the distance from the pivot to the point on the lever at which you are pulling it.

The pressure your master cylinder puts out is a function of all three (bore size, distance from pivot point to piston and pivot distance to the point at which you are pulling the lever). Adjusting any of the three values one way or the other will make a lever firmer or conversely give it the ablility to create more pressure at the cost of increased lever travel. Just my , if it's worth that
Old 01-25-2007, 07:06 PM

brockmenold82 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's a "PVM" and where do you get one, I use a brembo axial mount right now and haven't had any problems but i'm not gonna lie it could do a little better job of "bringin me back"
Old 01-25-2007, 07:21 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Brake Engineering with Bill McMahon!
Old 01-25-2007, 07:31 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Dean Ellis
Brake Engineering with Bill McMahon!
WORD:YEAH
Old 01-26-2007, 11:46 AM
myspace.com/deanellis

bill's a boss. i learned enough about brake master on this thread to tie me over for awhile!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:57 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dean Ellis
bill's a boss. i learned enough about brake master on this thread to tie me over for awhile!

i dont think you have ...i was there when your dumb *** tried that seat stander....with that ghetto hand brake......then for the rest of the day you were .. hahaha