SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:48 AM

1SMF is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?

**Personal opinion*** The stunt game is separating. There are those that want to make it their living and be professional stunt riders. The room for this crowd is a select few and the key word is professional. The underground scene will live on forever. We will do our best not to forget where it came from.

You have a few individuals in your corner against a industry that still doesn't fully understand what it is we do. But just know we do our best to help the scene grow.

John Zamora
Associate Editor
Super Streetbike Magazine[/quote]

Cool Post John, I agree with your opinion the times are a changing. Just look at this forum They want as much as you guys for a monthly banner! Not exactly Grassroots.
I think Dave is a great guy and Motorcyclist needs somebody like Aaron to give it the CPR it needs!

See you at SW

Regards,

Chris Schreiber
SMF Cycles
www.SMFCYCLES.COM
770-632-6511
Name:  SMFFlames.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  5.1 KB
Old 01-09-2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by NME
How do you get into your mag? It apparently isn't by winning comps...

If you want a story; A guy goes down to a comp with $60 in Fl. only after getting a free ride from SMF Cycles and wins longest stoppie on a bald front tire, blown forkseals and oil on the rotors and a strange helmet.

Thanks for spelling my name right,though.
I'm leaving you in South Georgia this time! "You've got a purty Mouth boy"
Old 01-09-2007, 12:11 PM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?

Originally Posted by skillz954
How ******* old are you you lil ******?? You got no respect Son.....what the **** have you done?? You got a lot of **** to say but seriously what the **** have you done?? Nothing so shut your mouth......
Older than you think, Ive done plenty, for example your mom, your sister, 2 of your old girlfreinds. And until you drive down and shut my mouth for me it will continue to run. What may I ask have you done besides lick on green **** and hate on me with your weak responses. Maybe you can be exessas first john since you like stickin up for her backwoods ***
Old 01-09-2007, 12:49 PM

SoCalRPM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
because

A. the sponsor cheddar isn't even a living for me...yet. but SSB has basically been the reason i have any of that cheddar. i asked SSB what i had to do for big pics. they said look good and WIN. indy freestyle is the premier event of our sport, so i win. then i get in the mag, then sponsors call me.

B. i've watched my friends lose thousands and thousands on this sport creating something that simply doesnt have a market to support it. these people LOVED the sport and LIVED the sport...and basically, the sport failed them.

the best way for a stunt only mag to happen is through SSB. we go mainstream and hit the 'big time' and then there is enough of an interest in our sport to have a stunt only rag...until then, we have to do all that we can to propel this sport into that mainstream...and unfortunately that means taht the elite at the top of the game (and yes, you CAN break into that group) have that pressure on them, bc it is those people that corporate is looking at.

look at it this way, the better the mag does iwth stunts and the better we as riders do, the better it is for everyone. it is a trickle down effect, simply put. i love when kane breaks down barriers because that means i am that much closer to doing it on my riding alone - which is really all i want to do. the more someone else gets, the more you and i will get.

i'm done wasint my time on this topic
Well put, well written and well said. Want a job? JK.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SoCalRPM
Well put, well written and well said. Want a job? JK.
thank you. yes. i'm not kidding.

see you in a few
Old 01-09-2007, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by GAMstunts
The best you can do is tool bag, Why dont you get off soCals dick, I give respect to people that earn it not people that obviously got nothin better to do that type on sl ALL day. SoCal may have done plenty for the sport (as well as line the old pockets) nobody does anything for free, all I said is if hes spendin $$ like that he should try to get a little back, Quit lickin those frogs and get back to reality, maybe you can grow some of that hair back and gain some weight
It's OK bro, you don't know me. You don't know my history. You don't have to. It's not my job is not to be in the spotlight.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by R1Aaron
Keerist, what a cry baby. It was one contest, at one event, it's hardly the end of the world. Maybe we just didn't have a good picture of you. Or maybe it was a conspiracy against whiny stunters. Hmm...
AARON!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:55 PM

Back on topic....

If you want the coverage.. submit STORY IDEAS to

ssbmail@primedia.com

So far we have gotten like 2 or 3.

Try and submit an idea, not "We are a stunt group from...."

Instead try and submit an idea like "We are a stunt group from ... and we are doing something totally different then everyone else by ...."
Old 01-09-2007, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by 1SMF
**Personal opinion*** The stunt game is separating. There are those that want to make it their living and be professional stunt riders. The room for this crowd is a select few and the key word is professional. The underground scene will live on forever. We will do our best not to forget where it came from.

You have a few individuals in your corner against a industry that still doesn't fully understand what it is we do. But just know we do our best to help the scene grow.

John Zamora
Associate Editor
Super Streetbike Magazine
Cool Post John, I agree with your opinion the times are a changing. Just look at this forum They want as much as you guys for a monthly banner! Not exactly Grassroots.
I think Dave is a great guy and Motorcyclist needs somebody like Aaron to give it the CPR it needs!

See you at SW

Regards,

Chris Schreiber
SMF Cycles
www.SMFCYCLES.COM
770-632-6511
Name:  SMFFlames.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  5.1 KB[/QUOTE]

Definately.. times are a changing... See you in SW in a few days!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:29 PM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

It's OK bro, you don't know me. You don't know my history. You don't have to. It's not my job is not to be in the spotlight.
Like you said, I dont know you and I know you dont know me. I ride a lot, more recently than ever before, but dont make it to many shows. I dont need spotlight time either, I get enough attention on sl. lol. No disrespect intended towards SoCal, that skillz dude just annoyed me so I had to jump on his ****. He also got the weakest responses ever, askin me how old I am, **** his comebacks sounded like his little brother is writin them. That trashy exsessa chicks stupidity irretated me to. Im just passin time at work talkin some ****
Old 01-09-2007, 01:30 PM

Sara Lashea will become famous soon enough

Back on topic....

If you want the coverage.. submit STORY IDEAS to

ssbmail@primedia.com

So far we have gotten like 2 or 3.

Try and submit an idea, not "We are a stunt group from...."

Instead try and submit an idea like "We are a stunt group from ... and we are doing something totally different then everyone else by ...."

hey i sent ya one!!!! even if u dont cover it U still better be there i wanna use u in a contest im doing! and trust me u will LOVE it!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:44 PM

Tiretrauma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GAMstunts
Like you said, I dont know you and I know you dont know me. I ride a lot, more recently than ever before, but dont make it to many shows. I dont need spotlight time either, I get enough attention on sl. lol. No disrespect intended towards SoCal, that skillz dude just annoyed me so I had to jump on his ****. He also got the weakest responses ever, askin me how old I am, **** his comebacks sounded like his little brother is writin them. That trashy exsessa chicks stupidity irretated me to. Im just passin time at work talkin some ****
I leave sl for a few weeks and all of the sudden you are in the ****...wtf?? LOL!!! I didnt read everything but I am dieing to know what happened.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:52 PM

OOps. Oh yeah, Hey SuperStreetBike, good to hear you will still be covering the underground and congrats on your recent aquiring of big Dave. It was him and a couple others that brought so many of us into this.

I do hope, and stress, HOPE, that you will cover all sides of the sport. For the ones trying to make it big...etc, mad props and I hope they get it. For the rest of us that dont have a prayer or arent looking for national spotlight, dont forget us. We are the backbone and will continue to be. Not too mention we make for great articles.

Can I ask if you will be maintianing your contributors? Ie mike seate? I wont get into all that is assc, but just wandering who else will be on the staff?? Also, will you be restricting what you print when it comes to underground riders??
Old 01-09-2007, 01:58 PM

R1Aaron is an unknown quantity at this point

AARON!
Yes, I'm still here. Things I don't miss now that I'm no longer exploiting stunters as Editor in Chief of the only magazine on the newsstand that actually gives a **** about stunters:

1. Everything in this thread past the first post.
2. That's about it.

Teach: We were so close to making it happen. If only I wasn't such a money-grubbing, corporate ***-kissing, sell-out ******!

The rest of you have no freakin' idea... If it was as easy as you think it is, you'd have your own stunt magazine. We all would.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:00 PM

Yes, I'm still here. Things I don't miss now that I'm no longer exploiting stunters as Editor in Chief of the only magazine on the newsstand that actually gives a **** about stunters:

2. That's about it.

Teach: We were so close to making it happen. If only I wasn't such a money-grubbing, corporate ***-kissing, sell-out ******!

The rest of you have no freakin' idea... If it was as easy as you think it is, you'd have your own stunt magazine. We all would.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tiretrauma
OOps. Oh yeah, Hey SuperStreetBike, good to hear you will still be covering the underground and congrats on your recent aquiring of big Dave. It was him and a couple others that brought so many of us into this.

I do hope, and stress, HOPE, that you will cover all sides of the sport. For the ones trying to make it big...etc, mad props and I hope they get it. For the rest of us that dont have a prayer or arent looking for national spotlight, dont forget us. We are the backbone and will continue to be. Not too mention we make for great articles.

Can I ask if you will be maintianing your contributors? Ie mike seate? I wont get into all that is assc, but just wandering who else will be on the staff?? Also, will you be restricting what you print when it comes to underground riders??
April issue Mike Seat still has his column. I hope we will maintain our contributors other wise I have to do too much work

I know you are the backbone. The whole purpose of this post is to keep the Underground scene alive as long as there is a story behind it.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:04 PM

2. That's about it.

Aaron,

I love you man.

Teach,

Scorpion??? How do you sleep at night knowing little dirtbag stunters all around the world are buying scorpion helmets just to be like you? HaHa.

Last edited by 1SMF; 01-09-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6

SSB doesnt play favorites imo (maybe bc i AM one of those fav's! lol), but they are trying to push the sport forward. doing that means gonig mainstream, which means nice looking bikes. Without an 'elite' group of riders who ride/look/act professional and push the sport in more ways than just parking lot tricks, corporate companies will not be interested. if corporate companies aren't interested, we have no magazine at all, we have less events, and in general less of everything (except maybe fun)

i was a little suprised that NME didnt get a pick after winning, but sometimes that happens. I won tokyo and there wasn't one pic of me on my bike...o well, my ugly mug was in there at least! NME won one comp at one event, sucks about no pic, but they got the name right (this is a bigger deal imo than the joke that is being made out of it). excessa is right in that regard.

I agree with you on principle, but I do question the "favs" thing. In the coverage of stuntoberfest, there was a pic of Aaron Colton riding in the tandem comp. Nothing against young Aaron, but they took 3rd and the pic was of a trick that most tandem teams would call "easy"(not me). Where was the pics of the 1st place team, It takes 2? They look good, bike is bling and they were the first place finishers.

I think the same of NME. Dude is killin it. Just sayin is all.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:11 PM

Drea is an unknown quantity at this point

6 pages of **** in this thread notwithstanding, I would personally like to thank Aaron Frank for helping the magazine and subsequently the sport grow through the exposure afforded by SuperStreetBike Magazine under his guidance.
Aaron was super receptive to my idea(s) for a feature piece and the one he picked up turned out brilliantly. It was a pleasure to work with/for him and I hope that this latest barrage of negativity does not leave a bad taste in yet another sport supporters mouth.

Thanks again, Aaron for a job well done.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tiretrauma
I agree with you on principle, but I do question the "favs" thing. In the coverage of stuntoberfest, there was a pic of Aaron Colton riding in the tandem comp. Nothing against young Aaron, but they took 3rd and the pic was of a trick that most tandem teams would call "easy"(not me). Where was the pics of the 1st place team, It takes 2? They look good, bike is bling and they were the first place finishers.

I think the same of NME. Dude is killin it. Just sayin is all.
I get this question everyday.

That story had 2 pages assigned to it. That is determined on the contest, the section how many ads we sold and slew of other factors.

I get a disc from Foto in this case of say 30 photos or so.

I pick out the ones clear, crisp and have good composition (Foto does a great job so that's most of them).

From there I give the art director maybe 10 to choose from for a 2 page story. He picks the ones that he thinks look best and are most appealing.

That's it. That's exactly how it's done. There are no favorties, there is no conspiracy or corporate guy in a black suit and tie.

If you didn't make it, go to another event. And do it again... and again... and again... next think you know you keep ending up in the magazine.

Josh Clem is a perfect example. I have never met him, but he keeps popping up in photos.

Quick Reply: SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?