SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:24 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?

Originally Posted by GAMstunts
The best you can do is tool bag, Why dont you get off soCals dick, I give respect to people that earn it not people that obviously got nothin better to do that type on sl ALL day. SoCal may have done plenty for the sport (as well as line the old pockets) nobody does anything for free, all I said is if hes spendin $$ like that he should try to get a little back, Quit lickin those frogs and get back to reality, maybe you can grow some of that hair back and gain some weight
After reading all of your posts in this thread....you're right tool bag wasn't accurate.....you're a ******* limp dick jackass.......do you even think about the **** that you say??
Old 01-09-2007, 10:27 AM

CRASH411MJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R1Aaron
Keerist, what a cry baby. It was one contest, at one event, it's hardly the end of the world. Maybe we just didn't have a good picture of you. Or maybe it was a conspiracy against whiny stunters. Hmm...
crybaby? I would be feeling the same if I was this cat. You guys keep putting the pinkest stuntbikes you can find in the mag, to hell with everything else. You have forgotten about the little guys.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:31 AM

RyGy is a decent person

I got appreciate people who can ride over people that can take there bike to a shop and have aftermarket parts put on it.
+1

p.s. is that a cat hitting a blunt?!? :YEAH
Old 01-09-2007, 10:38 AM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RyGy
+1

p.s. is that a cat hitting a blunt?!? :YEAH
Yup, She can blaze with the best of em I gotta roll them for her though (The no thumbs thing)
Old 01-09-2007, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by skillz954
After reading all of your posts in this thread....you're right tool bag wasn't accurate.....you're a ******* limp dick jackass.......do you even think about the **** that you say??
Im starting to worry about all this dick talk your spreadin, am I gonna have to get a restraining order? I dont swing that way playa. You really need to work on your comebacks, theres just no sting.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:49 AM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zuki750
Don't forget Street Style
OK....back on topic...... why didnt either of these magazines make it ? I'm a noob here for only about 6 or 7 months...so i dont know anything about them. I did notice that neither one of them had the word Stunt or Stunters in their name. Who started them up? a stunter ...or ?? And how long did they last ....how many issues ? IDK I just cant help but think...that if the RIGHT PERSON started up a mag. It would take.....just like these websites do ! I'll bet Drew Stone could pull it off !... I think it would take someone like him ...who has True heart for the Sport.... that's also why I mentioned Excessa a few posts back...she seems to have the right kind of passion for all this kooky stuff. just my opinions...

I'm not trying to Dis....SSB....My honest opinion, is that some of the bikes in there are SWEET....just more than i could ever afford...so I have no interest in it.... I'm probably a hater of people dumping tons of money into customs (of any kind...cars or bikes) cause i cant do it and the stunting portion (while it IS Cool ) and I have purchased about 3 or 4 copies of the mag last year) I honestly dont think that the stunting portions even added up to 25% of the mag. ....

And in my mind....it seems like THAT Portion could be the STRONG 50% of a smaller magazine....devoted to stunting....and the other 50%....could be the peons and the up and comers...(there could be a crash of the month) with interviews from hospitals or bedside at home.and also covering stuff like the history of..(and of Course coverage from any Huge parties or movie screenings (like Drew Stone has been having)..and occasionally an interview with retired stunters or ...... OR The 2 guys doing a show at the local oil Change.....I probably think this way...cause I am one of those 2 guys....LOL ROFL
Old 01-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

can you guys honestly give it up.

if you knew anything about the history of the 'sport' you would know that more than 1 stunt only magazine has failed. There simply isnt a market for it...yet.

SSB doesnt play favorites imo (maybe bc i AM one of those fav's! lol), but they are trying to push the sport forward. doing that means gonig mainstream, which means nice looking bikes. Without an 'elite' group of riders who ride/look/act professional and push the sport in more ways than just parking lot tricks, corporate companies will not be interested. if corporate companies aren't interested, we have no magazine at all, we have less events, and in general less of everything (except maybe fun)

those of you wanting it to stay underground....fine, i have no problems with that and i bet you even watched my old DTE videos back in the day. the same people who are pretty now, were killing the streets at one point in time. i bet if you had the opportunity to go big, you'd do the same thing.

for those who wanna go mainstream, clean your act up.

i was a little suprised that NME didnt get a pick after winning, but sometimes that happens. I won tokyo and there wasn't one pic of me on my bike...o well, my ugly mug was in there at least! NME won one comp at one event, sucks about no pic, but they got the name right (this is a bigger deal imo than the joke that is being made out of it). excessa is right in that regard.

gamma, i have no idea who you are, but i KNOW you have no idea what you are talking about ... people lining their pockets, that's a joke in itself. not everyone does things for money alone, and there are many reasons to 'dump' money into something you love and believe in.

and crash, gimme a break. read my post, then gimme, no give everyone a break.

crybabies? i think we got more than one.....
Old 01-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Gas'er!!

oh ya. SSB IS a business....do you think that two guys doing wheelies on shitty bikes at the local oil change is going to sell magazines? or sell advertising in those magazines? the answer is no....bc stunters are cheap sob's anyways. we are lucky to be in there as much as we are and if SSB shows that aspect of the sport during our very early stages of infancy, then we are going to die.

sad, maybe, but true nonetheless....
Old 01-09-2007, 11:04 AM

Sorry Teach, I just love to hate
Old 01-09-2007, 11:17 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Teach just closed down the whole conversation. Right on. It wasn't going anywhere good. SSB is a good mag and it's only going to get better. When a mag comes looking for input, give it to them, and then you get what you want.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
gamma, i have no idea who you are, but i KNOW you have no idea what you are talking about ... people lining their pockets, that's a joke in itself. not everyone does things for money alone, and there are many reasons to 'dump' money into something you love and believe in.

and crash, gimme a break. read my post, then gimme, no give everyone a break.

crybabies? i think we got more than one.....
So why dont you dump some of that sponcer cheddar into a stunt only mag. If you love and believe in it so much eventually it will work. Because as you say its not about the money. If you print it we will read it.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:19 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Everyones got there favorites. ssb does to. What did you expect when your riding a beat up bike Im surprized they even let you compete without taking distance off for not rollin a custom. At least they spelled your name right.
Please go kill yourself. Let me know if you need help. NME straight kills it and SSB would do well to keep an eye on him because he's coming up strong.

Also thanks to Teach and extreme acres.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:22 AM

oh ya. SSB IS a business....do you think that two guys doing wheelies on shitty bikes at the local oil change is going to sell magazines? or sell advertising in those magazines? the answer is no....bc stunters are cheap sob's anyways...
Isnt this the definition of "Selling out?" "jumping the shark"? Changing what you love to fit societies needs. Apparantly selling magazines is more important that really representing the "Sport"
Old 01-09-2007, 11:24 AM

oh ya. SSB IS a business....do you think that two guys doing wheelies on shitty bikes at the local oil change is going to sell magazines? or sell advertising in those magazines? the answer is no....bc stunters are cheap sob's anyways...
Isnt this the definition of "Selling out?" "jumping the shark"? Changing what you love to fit societies needs. Apparantly selling magazines is more important that really representing the "Sport"
Old 01-09-2007, 11:24 AM

The key word in the phrase "selling out" would be SELLING. If you have a problem with making money stay your broke *** out of the way of people who want to live well on their own merit.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Gas'er!!

So why dont you dump some of that sponcer cheddar into a stunt only mag. If you love and believe in it so much eventually it will work. Because as you say its not about the money. If you print it we will read it.
because

A. the sponsor cheddar isn't even a living for me...yet. but SSB has basically been the reason i have any of that cheddar. i asked SSB what i had to do for big pics. they said look good and WIN. indy freestyle is the premier event of our sport, so i win. then i get in the mag, then sponsors call me.

B. i've watched my friends lose thousands and thousands on this sport creating something that simply doesnt have a market to support it. these people LOVED the sport and LIVED the sport...and basically, the sport failed them.

the best way for a stunt only mag to happen is through SSB. we go mainstream and hit the 'big time' and then there is enough of an interest in our sport to have a stunt only rag...until then, we have to do all that we can to propel this sport into that mainstream...and unfortunately that means taht the elite at the top of the game (and yes, you CAN break into that group) have that pressure on them, bc it is those people that corporate is looking at.

look at it this way, the better the mag does iwth stunts and the better we as riders do, the better it is for everyone. it is a trickle down effect, simply put. i love when kane breaks down barriers because that means i am that much closer to doing it on my riding alone - which is really all i want to do. the more someone else gets, the more you and i will get.

i'm done wasint my time on this topic
Old 01-09-2007, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by excessa
Please go kill yourself. Let me know if you need help. NME straight kills it and SSB would do well to keep an eye on him because he's coming up strong.

Also thanks to Teach and extreme acres.
How are you goin to help, run me over with your shitty whellies. One fu(kin wheelie on a trike and your a stunter. You like so many other girls I know cant keep their trap shut long enough to read. I was actually on NME's side, I think he got hosed on the no Pic deal. Go make some babies and leave the riding to the men, nice mullet
Old 01-09-2007, 11:38 AM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

oh ya. SSB IS a business....do you think that two guys doing wheelies on shitty bikes at the local oil change is going to sell magazines? or sell advertising in those magazines? the answer is no....bc stunters are cheap sob's anyways. we are lucky to be in there as much as we are and if SSB shows that aspect of the sport during our very early stages of infancy, then we are going to die.

sad, maybe, but true nonetheless....
Ummm....you said some really good stuff and I know you have been around this for some years now.... but ....I cannot agree with everything you wrote.... First off.... I never said anything about the Peons portion of the Mag "Being the Selling point" C'mon now....havent you ever heard of filler ? also it's kind of insulting saying that If SSB showed Pics of 2 sucky guys...on shitty bikes...stunting in Smalltown America unincorporated...the whole sport would die ??? Pleeeeease...Have you ever Seen ..."readers rides" in a truck magazine ? some of them are Pitiful...BUT those magazines dont go under . pffft

You know what ..... I think i'm wasting time....forget it....let me get my new place set up.... and i'll start a mag. "Underground Stunt" Instead of going on and on about my Ideas.... i will just show you guys....
And there will be a page dedicated to Cell phone Pics !!!
And All stunters will be welcome to submit photos....No matter how weak....we will embellish them ! It will be the national Inquirer of Stunting !!! I will show you what Sells ! And I will give back to the sport that has given me....uhhhh nothing ....LOL j/k I have fun doing what Im doing ....or i wouldn't do it. talk to you all later

I hope you are healing up well Teach.... TTL
Old 01-09-2007, 11:40 AM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

How are you goin to help, run me over with your shitty whellies. One fu(kin wheelie on a trike and your a stunter. You like so many other girls I know cant keep their trap shut long enough to read. I was actually on NME's side, I think he got hosed on the no Pic deal. Go make some babies and leave the riding to the men, nice mullet
How ******* old are you you lil ******?? You got no respect Son.....what the **** have you done?? You got a lot of **** to say but seriously what the **** have you done?? Nothing so shut your mouth......
Old 01-09-2007, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by excessa
The key word in the phrase "selling out" would be SELLING. If you have a problem with making money stay your broke *** out of the way of people who want to live well on their own merit.
Listen bit(h, I make plenty of money and selling out has nothing to do with selling, god are u stupid, it means compromising your beliefs to fit into a corperate mold. Why dont you sell that piece of **** trike, those raggedy *** clothes, go get yourself a new dress and sell blow jobs on the corner so some john can fill your mouth with something besides bullshit

Quick Reply: SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?