SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 01:53 AM

VXscOOter is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?

ssb is a great magazine... especially after yall put me and my gfriends double spreader pick in january issue... its not a big thing to most people but I thought it was awesome.... thanks and keep up the good work
Old 01-01-2007, 02:49 AM

Sara Lashea will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SoCalRPM
Hence why I am on here asking for story ideas.
+1:YEAH
Old 01-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Italian Magic is a decent person

Hallo John, this is Antonio Palombi from Smanettoni.net, in Italy.
Just wanted to ask you couple questions:
-what exact standards you require for magazine-worthy digital pics?
-I've seen your contribution with SpecialMag (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/127156-stuntwars-italian-magazine.html?highlight=SpecialMag )
and i was gonna ask wether You'd be interested in European guys.
We do know couple french stunters to be quite a story on their own.

and, send our greetings to Big Dave. we all are in LOVE with him.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:11 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

Rumors have been flying and it's time to set the record straight.

Aaron Frank has been reassigned to Motorcyclist Magazine to breath some new life into our sister Magazine.

Big Dave Sonsky has left 2Wheel Tuner Magazine and is now the Editor of Super Streetbike. Dave's first issue is the March 2007 issue set to hit the stands in a few months.

I am still the Associate Editor of SSB.

The magazine is going to go through some changes and yes, there will be coverage of Custom Bikes, Race Bikes and lifestyle coverage that includes stunts.

We need your help. Let us know what's going on in your local area. The section "Scene" is going to be dedicated to the underground scene across the country. We need help letting us know what's going on across the country. This doesn't mean a 2 person show for the local oil change, but if you have a event or story let us know. You can contact us at ssbmail@primedia.com.

We will still cover the Major Events as always including Stuntwars, XDLs, Starboyz Stuntfest etc. Let us know about these too. People sometimes assume we know about all the major stuff, but we are pretty slammed over here and we can use kindly reminders. Let us know at:
ssbmail@primedia.com

**Personal opinion*** The stunt game is separating. There are those that want to make it their living and be professional stunt riders. The room for this crowd is a select few and the key word is professional. The underground scene will live on forever. We will do our best not to forget where it came from.

You have a few individuals in your corner against a industry that still doesn't fully understand what it is we do. But just know we do our best to help the scene grow.

John Zamora
Associate Editor
Super Streetbike Magazine

How do you get into your mag? It apparently isn't by winning comps...

If you want a story; A guy goes down to a comp with $60 in Fl. only after getting a free ride from SMF Cycles and wins longest stoppie on a bald front tire, blown forkseals and oil on the rotors and a strange helmet.

Thanks for spelling my name right,though.

Last edited by NME; 01-07-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:07 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Rumors have been flying and it's time to set the record straight.

Aaron Frank has been reassigned to Motorcyclist Magazine to breath some new life into our sister Magazine.

Big Dave Sonsky has left 2Wheel Tuner Magazine and is now the Editor of Super Streetbike. Dave's first issue is the March 2007 issue set to hit the stands in a few months.

I am still the Associate Editor of SSB.

The magazine is going to go through some changes and yes, there will be coverage of Custom Bikes, Race Bikes and lifestyle coverage that includes stunts.

We need your help. Let us know what's going on in your local area. The section "Scene" is going to be dedicated to the underground scene across the country. We need help letting us know what's going on across the country. This doesn't mean a 2 person show for the local oil change, but if you have a event or story let us know. You can contact us at ssbmail@primedia.com.

We will still cover the Major Events as always including Stuntwars, XDLs, Starboyz Stuntfest etc. Let us know about these too. People sometimes assume we know about all the major stuff, but we are pretty slammed over here and we can use kindly reminders. Let us know at:
ssbmail@primedia.com

**Personal opinion*** The stunt game is separating. There are those that want to make it their living and be professional stunt riders. The room for this crowd is a select few and the key word is professional. The underground scene will live on forever. We will do our best not to forget where it came from.

You have a few individuals in your corner against a industry that still doesn't fully understand what it is we do. But just know we do our best to help the scene grow.

John Zamora
Associate Editor
Super Streetbike Magazine
good **** :YEAH i was wondering how long it'd be before a new mag came out covering the underground scene, glad you guys over there picked up on it. keep up the good work.

-mexican mayhem
Old 01-07-2007, 11:19 PM

gixxer_mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Example.

Why are you traveling all the SW states?
Who's going to be there?
Do you have a Photographer that can take magazine quality photos?
What's the story behind it?
if anyone in the missouri/iowa area needs a PHOTOG. that'll take mag. quality pix then drop me a email...

socal, if you have something you need/want covered, feel free to email me or contact me through here. I've done mag. shots in the past and sent aaron stuff a few months back...
Old 01-08-2007, 10:04 AM

showtyme can only hope to improve

I love SSB, and it sounds like it's just gonna get
better and better.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:13 PM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NME
How do you get into your mag? It apparently isn't by winning comps...

If you want a story; A guy goes down to a comp with $60 in Fl. only after getting a free ride from SMF Cycles and wins longest stoppie on a bald front tire, blown forkseals and oil on the rotors and a strange helmet.

Thanks for spelling my name right,though.

Get em, You gotta have a pretty pink bike, and a purty mouth. Way to get 1st in stoppie
Old 01-08-2007, 01:14 PM

SSB hates white people.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:36 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO...Stunters need their own Mag....yeah....thanks SSB for covering stunters...but that mag isnt cutting it ....and where the money comes from...is whose gonna get the coverage.

Someone with motivation ...like maybe Excessa....(this seems like a great Idea for something till she gets her stunt compound /bar up and running) Should Start up a National Magazine....About Stunting ! Even if its only 28 pages in the beginning. And Let it INCLUDE "the 2 guys doing a show down at the oil change" Let it include Everyone who wants to rep the sport .... Let it be like an underground magazine....just like this sport was and is .... All the Stunt Flim makers would probably be interested ....as another place for them to advertise Vids..... All the businesses that truly advertise stunt stuff....would be crazy ,not to jump onboard.... And it wouldn't be regulated by a bunch of people who are just into "where the money is at" It needs to be BY stunters...FOR Stunters...and if it is not started up "To Make Money" but only to sustain itself...for the Promotion of the Sport and the people in it. I believe the Magazine would grow and possibly have a long Run. just my
Old 01-08-2007, 01:50 PM

SoCalRPM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
IMO...Stunters need their own Mag....yeah....thanks SSB for covering stunters...but that mag isnt cutting it ....and where the money comes from...is whose gonna get the coverage.

Someone with motivation ...like maybe Excessa....(this seems like a great Idea for something till she gets her stunt compound /bar up and running) Should Start up a National Magazine....About Stunting ! Even if its only 28 pages in the beginning. And Let it INCLUDE "the 2 guys doing a show down at the oil change" Let it include Everyone who wants to rep the sport .... Let it be like an underground magazine....just like this sport was and is .... All the Stunt Flim makers would probably be interested ....as another place for them to advertise Vids..... All the businesses that truly advertise stunt stuff....would be crazy ,not to jump onboard.... And it wouldn't be regulated by a bunch of people who are just into "where the money is at" It needs to be BY stunters...FOR Stunters...and if it is not started up "To Make Money" but only to sustain itself...for the Promotion of the Sport and the people in it. I believe the Magazine would grow and possibly have a long Run. just my
It was called Asphalt.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:53 PM

I agree totally, stunters need a mag free of "money mongers" tryin to ***** out the sport for every nickel then jump to the next thing after they throw us to the dumpster.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by GTS Fever
Hallo John, this is Antonio Palombi from Smanettoni.net, in Italy.
Just wanted to ask you couple questions:
-what exact standards you require for magazine-worthy digital pics?
-I've seen your contribution with SpecialMag (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/127156-stuntwars-italian-magazine.html?highlight=SpecialMag )
and i was gonna ask wether You'd be interested in European guys.
We do know couple french stunters to be quite a story on their own.

and, send our greetings to Big Dave. we all are in LOVE with him.
Standards are 6 megapixels and above.
Clear in focus shots from a decent camera.

It sounds dumb, but some people submit Camera Phone pixs.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by GAMstunts
I agree totally, stunters need a mag free of "money mongers" tryin to ***** out the sport for every nickel then jump to the next thing after they throw us to the dumpster.
Money Mongers?

I've spent probably $30-40K of my own money since 1999.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:12 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

You know that's a interesting comment. I would like to hear why you said that to be honest.

Ricky Gadson is in almost every issue including March 07, Jason Britton is in the Feb issue, DJGQ is one of my best friends and is in nearly every west coast thing I do. Mike Seate has his own column.

IMO to say SSB doesn’t like black people just isn’t true. I’m really really brown. I'm 100% Hispanic.

That’s a debate I don’t want to get into on a message board. I REALLY hate message boards. 600 post in 4 years should be evident of that. Things are easily taken out of context.
Yo Manny was just clownin.....pretty much ignore most of what he says.....but he is a funny bastard.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:14 PM

Money Mongers?

I've spent probably $30-40K of my own money since 1999.
Hope your accountant can file that as a business loss. You need a financial advisor or somethin, If I blew that much $ with no return my brains would be painted on my ceiling. You should try real estate if you got that much cheddar to waste.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:17 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MannyFresh954
i really couldnt tell you why i wrote that....i have real bad ADHD and just do ****....i think i was really just busting Kanes ba.lls on the whole SSB hates stunters thing, thats all nothing really behind it....!
I replied before I got this far......you got a knack for pissin people off.....cracks me up!!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by GAMstunts
Hope your accountant can file that as a business loss. You need a financial advisor or somethin, If I blew that much $ with no return my brains would be painted on my ceiling. You should try real estate if you got that much cheddar to waste.
and you should shut your n00b mouth.....the grown ups are talking!!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:51 PM

sickrick is an unknown quantity at this point

sick ****
Old 01-08-2007, 02:55 PM

sorry Im too busy ridin and workin to get 9k posts, You should also figure out whos mouth your tellin to shut or your brains may get painted, fa66it

Quick Reply: SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?