SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 06:00 PM

Snipes20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?

I don't know how much international stuff u guys do there at ssb but the is some crazy talent up here in canada and it seems that you guy have never made it up here (or mabey I just missed it...).

I gonna see if I can put together a full Canadian team to bring to stuntfest this year to show what kind of riders we really have....then mabey you'll make the trip to see what we have to do to keep up with only 6 months of riding
Old 12-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

All I want to say is "stop with the custom bikes"......... Thats like half the magazine. But hey you guys still rock!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:15 PM

SoCalRPM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Snipes20
I don't know how much international stuff u guys do there at ssb but the is some crazy talent up here in canada and it seems that you guy have never made it up here (or mabey I just missed it...).

I gonna see if I can put together a full Canadian team to bring to stuntfest this year to show what kind of riders we really have....then mabey you'll make the trip to see what we have to do to keep up with only 6 months of riding
It's the "Getting Up there part that is difficult. I'm not sure if people realize how many people run the magazine.

Super Streetbike has 2. Dave and me. We have 1 art director.

I would love to go to Canada and kick it for a month and get a great story. Dave can I go? JK. Reality it is difficult to get away for long periods of time. Not to say it isn't possible for the "right story". I would suggest submit a cool story idea. Get to know a great photographer already up there. I've seen the talents of up and coming photographers. Most are better then me! I was that up and coming photographer until 1 year ago.

Last edited by SoCalRPM; 12-29-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
All I want to say is "stop with the custom bikes"......... Thats like half the magazine. But hey you guys still rock!
Those aren't going away I'm afraid to say. Reality is they are 1/2 the magazine. So are 1/2 the ads and there is a large portion of readers that like the custom bikes me included. Just not many on Stuntlife.

As much as I personally would like it to be, it's not a 100% stunt magazine. That would be difficult to sell. And that's not a corporate answer. I'm usually the guy saying "put more stunts in".
Old 12-29-2006, 07:20 PM

BULLO 900 is a decent person

Originally Posted by SoCalRPM
You know that's a interesting comment. I would like to hear why you said that to be honest.

Ricky Gadson is in almost every issue including March 07, Jason Britton is in the Feb issue, DJGQ is one of my best friends and is in nearly every west coast thing I do. Mike Seate has his own column.

IMO to say SSB doesn’t like black people just isn’t true. I’m really really brown. I'm 100% Hispanic.

That’s a debate I don’t want to get into on a message board. I REALLY hate message boards. 600 post in 4 years should be evident of that. Things are easily taken out of context.

JASON BRITTON IS NOT A REAL BLACK PERSON COME ON GET REAL I'M MORE BLACK THAN HE IS
Old 12-30-2006, 03:10 AM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

Unique custom bikes are cool, but your average chromed, fat tire, slammed liter or busa suck, just my oppinion.

I just might have to subscribe. I've been buying SSB and 2WT to get business ideas and look at where things are going with the hobby. Right now I just sell used late-model sportbikes, but I'm thinking about getting involved with some of the specialty stuff.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:48 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by BULLO 900
JASON BRITTON IS NOT A REAL BLACK PERSON COME ON GET REAL I'M MORE BLACK THAN HE IS

they need a real "******ISH ***** THAT TAKES PART IN ******DOM" like me in the book, i just need to come up with some skillz, and ill be good for the cover!!!
Old 12-30-2006, 07:34 AM
Blue light means go?

Evan is an unknown quantity at this point

The underground scene will live on forever. We will do our best not to forget where it came from.
Just how Undergound do you want to go?

Keep up the great work. Big D will be sorely missed over here. We're just gonna have to come visit SoCal more often now haha

-E
Old 12-30-2006, 10:01 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scott3824
John you are the man
+1

Always a good read.

I'm back to writing as of 1/07 and have a press release for ya. Will hit you up when everything has died down a bit.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:24 AM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

You know that's a interesting comment. I would like to hear why you said that to be honest.

Ricky Gadson is in almost every issue including March 07, Jason Britton is in the Feb issue, DJGQ is one of my best friends and is in nearly every west coast thing I do. Mike Seate has his own column.

IMO to say SSB doesn’t like black people just isn’t true. I’m really really brown. I'm 100% Hispanic.

That’s a debate I don’t want to get into on a message board. I REALLY hate message boards. 600 post in 4 years should be evident of that. Things are easily taken out of context.
i really couldnt tell you why i wrote that....i have real bad ADHD and just do ****....i think i was really just busting Kanes ba.lls on the whole SSB hates stunters thing, thats all nothing really behind it....!
Old 12-30-2006, 10:33 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I can't wait to see you in the Feb issue Ryan!

ETA I sense a whole slew of SSB hates... threads. I personally heard a very factual sounding rumor that SSB hates both ice cream and smooth jazz. The jazz I understand but the ice cream thing has me concerned.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:27 AM

Hazen is a decent person

Should be interresting to see Big D's input on the mag.

I'll be reading.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:31 PM

banned101 is a decent person

Thats awsome John!
I cant wait to see the new ssb.Thanks for supportin the way of life!!!
Old 12-30-2006, 01:58 PM

929_uR is a decent person

socalrpm...i already sent an email to SSB about the winter fighter buildoff going on at customfighters.com

aaron replied to me about how he was leaving and would try to get the new guy to take care of it and get some coverage etc. i havent heard anything back from the new guy...is this something you could help me with??
Old 12-30-2006, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Evan
Just how Undergound do you want to go?

-E
I've seen Bring the Pain. That's pretty F'n Deep.

I've seen your skull
Old 12-30-2006, 05:57 PM
ROSS

$ROSS$ is a decent person

Old 12-30-2006, 07:14 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

charlie you got a better chance of getting in Modified magazine

like this
Old 12-30-2006, 10:58 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i just got the new issue and after reading that it seems to me that ssb magazine is 90% look at my custom busa bullshit and only 10% stuntriding
Old 12-30-2006, 11:25 PM

DWJmoto will become famous soon enough

sweet
Old 12-31-2006, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
i just got the new issue and after reading that it seems to me that ssb magazine is 90% look at my custom busa bullshit and only 10% stuntriding
Hence why I am on here asking for story ideas.

Quick Reply: SSB Loves Stunts... want coverage?