Damper Experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 08:32 AM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person
Damper Experience

I'm looking at new dampers because mine is bent and i think i ruined Aarons. Anyone mind sharing their opinions on different stick dampers they have used?
Old 12-24-2006, 10:14 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Damper Experience

so far i've had an ohlins, scotts (rotory i know), toby, and now the new hyperpro.

scotts is ****
toby is pretty good for the price but it has a little play in it
the ohlins is excellent....mucho mucho good, smooth, strong and no play at all
my new hyperpro is excellent also, but i think the ohlins is a little tighter.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:50 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Ohlins and GPR, are the two I have for my bikes and I actually like the GPR best....But both are excellent!
Old 12-24-2006, 12:39 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

i have a hyperpro on my race bike,and a cheap shinddy(daytona) on my 900rr stuntbike.the hyperpro looks and feels the best.the shinddy isn't bad but the mounting location sucks.i hear nothing but good things about the gpr.having installed one,they look super clean and probably my next choice
Old 12-24-2006, 12:44 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

what do you need a dampner for??? Do you roll stoppies???
Old 12-24-2006, 12:47 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

they're over-rated i like the ohlins
Old 12-24-2006, 12:48 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by T-Ice
yeah, you don't need one for donkey kicks, wtf?
Old 12-24-2006, 01:41 PM
NME

NME is a decent person

I have an ohlins already but it's been sloppy since it was new. I've been leaning towards the hyperpro.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Regular StuntLifer

BRIAN_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

jason all ya need is a bungie cord and your good. hook it to the bars than to the sub-frame, add as many as you need till you get the fell you want.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough

Judging by his avatar, yes.....

I use my left and right arms, never have had head-shake on my bike somehow. And yeah, one time I did roll stoppies, I was never good by any means, but I could get'm decent for the equipment I had. Stopped doing them because if I wrecked, I couldn't afford to repair my bike, nor screw up my body(well, still true, flying career)
Old 12-24-2006, 02:02 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NME
I have an ohlins already but it's been sloppy since it was new. I've been leaning towards the hyperpro.
send it to me i will bleed that ****** so its tighter than a virgin on her prom date. no seriously if you get air in them they do turn to ****. i bled mine out with 15 wait and it money. the only problem with olins is there mounts suck they have to much play. i saw you had you olins up front is that the one you bent. if so get a biger mm one from the so it dont bottom out. so foar the best ones i have ever used are olings and gpr.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:04 PM
NME

NME is a decent person

Originally Posted by hyperryder
send it to me i will bleed that ****** so its tighter than a virgin on her prom date. no seriously if you get air in them they do turn to ****. i bled mine out with 15 wait and it money. the only problem with olins is there mounts suck they have to much play. i saw you had you olins up front is that the one you bent. if so get a biger mm one from the so it dont bottom out. so foar the best ones i have ever used are olings and gpr.
It doesn't bottom out. The ohlins was "made" onto my bike. It's never coming off. But, tell me, how do you bleed it?
Old 12-24-2006, 02:05 PM
NME

NME is a decent person

I thought i'd give 'em a whirl. They look like fun.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by NME
It doesn't bottom out. The ohlins was "made" onto my bike. It's never coming off. But, tell me, how do you bleed it?
there should be an allen screw on the side you un do that drain all the fluid. the best way to bleed it perfict is to submerge it in the fluid so no air can get back into it then just push the rod back and forth till no air come out make shure you move the dampner up and down while your pushing the rod. when i was done with mine it was a huge difference. what took 17 clicks now takes 9.

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Ohlins has been my favorite so far. The F4i has a Scotts and I don't really like it

so you bent your extream tech one. i herd they were really good
Old 12-24-2006, 02:49 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

My Scotts has been rebuilt by Scotts twice already in the last few months and it still feels very inconsistent to me. And all the way tight on it doesnt even equal half way tight on my Ohlins.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:54 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

nags doesn't really ride and is the only person i know who plows stoppies with a tail section over his head.......!!!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 02:55 PM

nags doesn't really ride and is the only person i know who plows stoppies with a tail section over his head.......!!!!!
I actually clutched it up a few times in the last week

Was actually thinking of putting my 954 front end on the f4i but with stock clipons and all I just hate the way it feels on the f4i. It's really far forward and down compared to the feeling of it on the actual 929 or 954
Old 12-24-2006, 02:56 PM

STARKS is a decent person

Originally Posted by Erik
Judging by his avatar, yes.....
Hahahaha, no way!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Damper Experience