Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 02:56 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person
Re: Damper Experience

Originally Posted by nags
I actually clutched it up a few times in the last week

Was actually thinking of putting my 954 front end on the f4i but with stock clipons and all I just hate the way it feels on the f4i. It's really far forward and down compared to the feeling of it on the actual 929 or 954
I have yet to clutch up a stoppie.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:57 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by NME

You should try it
Old 12-24-2006, 02:58 PM
NME

NME is a decent person

Originally Posted by hyperryder
there should be an allen screw on the side you un do that drain all the fluid. the best way to bleed it perfict is to submerge it in the fluid so no air can get back into it then just push the rod back and forth till no air come out make shure you move the dampner up and down while your pushing the rod. when i was done with mine it was a huge difference. what took 17 clicks now takes 9.

I figured that would be the only way. Thanks alot!
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

I actually clutched it up a few times in the last week

Was actually thinking of putting my 954 front end on the f4i but with stock clipons and all I just hate the way it feels on the f4i. It's really far forward and down compared to the feeling of it on the actual 929 or 954
i seen him do a stoppie or two .......no realy i did,,swear to god
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by NME
What?? wow, you are old school son, no more of this bouncing up ****, we clutch around here..........and nags, its all aboot the 929/54/1000rr front ends....vortex or woodcrafts flipped upsidedown and opposite with full fairing of course........
Old 12-24-2006, 02:59 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by T-Ice
What?? wow, you are old school son, no more of this bouncing up ****, we clutch around here..........and nags, its all aboot the 929/54/1000rr front ends....vortex or woodcrafts flipped upsidedown and opposite with full fairing of course........

I can't bring myself to do the flipped flopped upside down rotated clipon thing... And I also dont like the idea of lowering my front end for stoppies

Balance point on this stock front end with stock clipons is wayyyy up there though
Old 12-24-2006, 03:01 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

I can't bring myself to do the flipped flopped upside down rotated clipon thing... And I also dont like the idea of lowering my front end for stoppies

Balance point on this stock front end with stock clipons is wayyyy up there though
no you put the clip-ons underneath the triple, i tried that lowering the front end **** and it was for the birds, back to stock height and clip-ons underneath the triple.......
Old 12-24-2006, 03:03 PM

no you put the clip-ons underneath the triple, i tried that lowering the front end **** and it was for the birds, back to stock height and clip-ons underneath the triple.......

hmm... I still don't really want to flip 'em and ****.. I like the stock location
Old 12-24-2006, 03:05 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

hmm... I still don't really want to flip 'em and ****.. I like the stock location
Thats what youd think untill you try them, i hated them at first, didn't like them on top and then i stole teach's idea and put them back under the triple and love them, kinda like stock but way wider and nicer, next time i see you i will let you ride them and you can see for yourself what the hype is all aboot........
Old 12-24-2006, 03:41 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

is all aboot........
wtf...did you move to canada and not tell anyone??
Old 12-24-2006, 03:56 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by southtown
wtf...did you move to canada and not tell anyone??
Minnesooota is almost in Canadia....what you know aboot dat eh??
Old 12-24-2006, 03:56 PM

KellyJoe is an unknown quantity at this point

had a gpr and felt alot of play at the beginning of faster stoppies but i got a toby and it is pretty good exspecially for the price
Old 12-24-2006, 05:56 PM

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

i like my ohlins. with it sitting on the bench pulling it back and forth it seems uber gangsta... LOLOLOLOL
one day i'll decide which bike it goes on...
Old 12-24-2006, 06:16 PM

da Liks is a decent person

ok, about the dampers.. i got a Bitubo. had some problems with the first one but they replaced it and its money!
Old 12-24-2006, 11:51 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a hyperpro on each bike.....RSC on the 954 and CSC on the 600RR.....I like the RSC better....gonna rebleed both of em with a lil heavier weight oil when winter finally takes over and I can't ride.

As far as the flipped clip-ons....I like it better, but I think I may go back below the triples, but still flipped, because the front tire is rubbing my radiator on my 600RR with an 05 1000RR front end and woodcraft clip-ons flipped and swapped on top the triple.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:23 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

how are you guys bleeding the new hyperpros and the ohlins? they are nitrogen charged.

NME, you're hte first i've heard with any slop in an ohlins. they are usually super tight because of the nitro charge.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:25 AM

This thread motivated me... I think I'm going to sell my Scotts......

I just love that I can buy a mount kit for several bikes and move it from bike to bike..a rgh

Last edited by nags; 12-25-2006 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:33 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread motivated me... I think I'm going to sell my Scotts......

I just love that I can buy a mount kit for several bikes and move it from bike to bike..a rgh
u can do that with gpr also...and they work better. my scotts was garbage....apparently it had something broken inside of it because it didn't help my tank slap that turned into a broken hip. threw that **** to the CURB after that.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:34 AM

Well Scotts rebuilt mine twice in the last few months and it seems to work ok... I just wish it would go tighter...All the way tight really isn't that tight at all.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:00 AM
NME

NME is a decent person

Originally Posted by binder929rr
how are you guys bleeding the new hyperpros and the ohlins? they are nitrogen charged.

NME, you're hte first i've heard with any slop in an ohlins. they are usually super tight because of the nitro charge.
Yeah it's been like that since I took it out of the box. But hopefully i can fix it now.

Quick Reply: Damper Experience