Website and Police - Can they bust us?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 12:28 AM

bustedplastic is an unknown quantity at this point
Website and Police - Can they bust us?

Ok, this may turn out to be a novel, but please bear with me on this.

I run a website out of Madison, Wisconsin. It's basically just a local area rider's site, with event pics, local ride info, and bike pictures. However a bunch of us have been stunting and there are some good pictures put up. Heres the deal:

In january a rider took off from a cop. The cop was mildly irate about this. I took the website down. Well in his inquiries, a local NARC told him about my website and was given a video off my website by this person (I think). If he did, why he did this was BEYOND any sense of reason. People have been issued tickets because of that video. Now i want to post up new pics and vids I get again.

The questions I have are these:

1. If they cannot see whos under the helmet, but can identify the bike, can they do anything about it?

2. If i were to hypothetically have helmetless shots of people doing stoppies or burnouts in parking lots, is this possible grounds for legal action against the riders?

3. Does someone have to admit to taking the pictures/videos, and identify the person on the bike at that time? And if someone were to do that, how could they still prove it?

Basically what i want to know, is how do all the sites get away with posting the pictures/videos? Are the cops in my area just too bored, and everywhere else they could give a $hit?!?! What are the loopholes? I guess im looking for free legal advice, if thats what you wanna call it, I dont need fellow riders getting nailed for stuff on my site, but on the other hand, its cool to post up the stunt pics, and they want them up. Ive been meaning to talk to a lawyer about this, but i thought id check with you all to see what other stuntriders or webmasters know about this.

Sorry about the long post!

Bustedplastic
Old 05-03-2003, 01:06 AM

Radical Jester is an unknown quantity at this point
I post them, i think the cops just being a dick. Cops are bad because they can't stunt like us.

But that just my
Old 05-03-2003, 05:21 AM

-Baker- is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll tell ya want...for the past 4+ years we have been putting up videos and pics some pics of defacing cop cars with SBFreaks stickers. I have had my video tape taken twice now by the cops.

1st time taken i filed a complaint and charged the cop with the violation of 1st and 4th amendments, privacy act , false arrest and illegal search & seizure....I won!!!

2nd time cops got a blank tape because the officer ask for the tape in the camera not the tape in my car...lol The funny thing is the detective bitch lady says "Good luck" to me...haha I want my 4 bucks of a tape back too.

Plus we were on Private property, a wheelie is a misdeanor but cops have no jurisdiction on private property. Didn't give me probal cause and no one was arrested or cited at the scene. I'll win this one too.

-------------------

The laws have changed for all states mainly Cali for gang affilated activity for bikers....ie groups hanging out while doing wheelies or burnies may get bike or car impounded for 30 days for what they call a "Side show".

For your videos post them and if the cops bust them for **** they think then those people need to fight the cops and learn about the law when going to court. I'll look in to a little for ya.

I have like 7 cases already won by fellow riders who have gotten tickets in the past 2 months...I just gave them sound advice of what to say and how to question the law to leave doubt in ones case.

COPS ARE CORRUPT!!! I know this!
Old 05-03-2003, 06:39 AM
TIM
DSR PIMP

TIM is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Radical Jester
I post them, i think the cops just being a dick. Cops are bad because they can't stunt like us.

But that just my
Some cops are cool as ****. We have a member that is a cop and he is one of the cooliest guys I have ever met. most cops around here let you go if you have a cycle endorsment. plate and proof of insurance
Old 05-03-2003, 08:00 AM

movistargixxer is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelies are not illeagle in texas. i have had friends win in court because of wheelie tickets. there is no law stating that wheelies are illeagle. they can however give you a $80 excessive acceleration ticket. unless youre just riding by under the speed limit when he sees you.
Old 05-03-2003, 10:51 AM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by movistargixxer
wheelies are not illeagle in texas. i have had friends win in court because of wheelie tickets. there is no law stating that wheelies are illeagle. they can however give you a $80 excessive acceleration ticket. unless youre just riding by under the speed limit when he sees you.

are you serious
Old 05-03-2003, 11:46 AM

zx6rracer is an unknown quantity at this point
down here in bama, they are considered an "excessive show of power" and you get a $200 ticket for doing them. depending on how big of a dick the cop is, he could slap you for reckless endangerment.

nice thing is, all the cops are on the good ole boy system, so the four cops that ride with us, usually make sure that the tickets don't get turned into the clerks.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:19 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point
You should just post on the web were to meet before you guys go out to stunt. That way the pigs don't know unless they follow you.
Old 05-03-2003, 02:38 PM
Regular StuntLifer

JOKER_OF_FFX is an unknown quantity at this point
That's b.s. You can't busted unless your plate was visible in the photo or videos. If you watch some of these bike videos, notice how the plates are blured out. Also find a guy in your area like -Baker-, because guys like him know the law can get you out anything like that b.s.
Old 05-03-2003, 03:11 PM
that guy

CHIMNEY is an unknown quantity at this point
for the website use waht bill clinton said

The creator of THIS PAGE or the ISP(s) hosting any content on this site take NO responsibility for the way you use the information provided on this site. These files and anything else on this site are here for private purposes only and SHOULD NOT BE DOWNLOADED OR VIEWED WHATSOEVER! If you are affiliated with any government, or ANTI-Piracy group or any other related group or were formally a worker of one you CANNOT enter this web site, cannot access any of its files and you cannot view any of the HTML files. All the objects on this site are PRIVATE property and are not meant for viewing or any other purposes other then bandwidth space. DO NOT ENTER whatsoever! If you enter this site you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995 and that means that you CANNOT threaten our ISP(s) or any person(s) or company storing these files, cannot prosecute any person(s) affiliated with this page which includes family, friends or individuals who run or enter this web site.
Old 05-03-2003, 03:38 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Rich-NY is an unknown quantity at this point
even if the plate is visible you can't get a ticket if they don't know its you. If I let my friend borrow my bike and he gets caught doing a wheelie, I'm not gonna get the ticket.

This would be my suggestion, just blur out the plate, and also blur out street signs. Now they can't even prove where you are from the vids and pics.
Old 05-03-2003, 03:52 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
i would like to add my $.02-most cops suck
Old 05-03-2003, 05:27 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelies can also be charged as reckless endangerment or inability to control your vehicle. even if the law doesn't say anything about wheelies, they can pretty much ticket you under other laws for it.

i got an unsafe start for doin one because the cop didn't feel lke doing paperwork.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:27 PM

MotoTrix is an unknown quantity at this point
you can also get a ticket for operating a motorcycle without two wheels on the pavement. As well as, if your butt leaves the seat, it can be considered reckless driving..... Fact is, most Cops are looking for a chase, and they think it is cool when you do what you do, however, they have a job to do, grant it, some are ******, but for the most part down here in our neck of the woods, they seem to let you off with a "we don't want to scrape you off the pavement speech" and a little warning.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:48 AM

movistargixxer is an unknown quantity at this point
you can also get a ticket for failure to maintain the centermost part of your lane. what kinda B.S. is that? you can be to one side or the other of your lane and get a ticket??
Old 05-04-2003, 06:30 AM

doc_rock is an unknown quantity at this point
you guys got some strange laws. Centermost part of the lane? THat's strange, because depending on the situation, as to what part of the lane you should be in (Making a turn, blind corner, etc.)

If you read the books down here, it says something like "A motorcycle is to be operated with a leg on either side of the bike, facing forward. The bike is to have a headlight, a tail light, and at least one mirror. The bike must also have some sort of seat or saddle on which the rider CAN sit. That's paraphrased, but that's close. So, by reading this, one can safely assume:
You can ski off the back, provided your legs are spread wide enough straddle the bike.
you can sit in the highchair, just not crossed up.
Special k's must be performed slightly wider than usual.
recliners are fine, as long as you don't cross your legs
wheelies and endos are ok, as long as a leg is on either side of the bike.

Even still they can get you for wreckless driving, but what about endos? That's not a show of speed, power, or anything else. What they gonna get you for there, wreckless stopping?

To the guy who started this thread: Man, your cops are way too bored up there. I mean, I understand people got jobs to do, but what, are they payin' them on commission? Start making them work harder until they don't have enough time to sit on the internet looking for reasons to bust people. If they got time to surf the internet, fishing for feeble reasons to run somebody in, then they are either a.) not gainfully employed, or b.) not doing their job. So call the police! Call 'em everytime you see a hoodlum kid go in or come out of the convience store on the corner. Call them if you ARE the hoodlum kid walking out of the store Call them and ask 'em what time it is. Call 'em and ask 'em for the number to information. Job oppurtunuties. Take the time to go down to the police station and fill out a critique form. Once a week. There are ways to get 'em jobs, it's our jobs as citizens to help out the LEOs in need.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:25 AM
Regular StuntLifer

JOKER_OF_FFX is an unknown quantity at this point
Exactly! With all that time spent to get someone busted for what, a wreckless or some other b.s. ticket, they could be worrying about DUI's, serial killers and etc that are out there. All I got to say is FTP!
Old 05-04-2003, 01:17 PM

bustedplastic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by doc_rock
To the guy who started this thread: Man, your cops are way too bored up there. I mean, I understand people got jobs to do, but what, are they payin' them on commission? Start making them work harder until they don't have enough time to sit on the internet looking for reasons to bust people. If they got time to surf the internet, fishing for feeble reasons to run somebody in, then they are either a.) not gainfully employed, or b.) not doing their job. So call the police! Call 'em everytime you see a hoodlum kid go in or come out of the convience store on the corner. Call them if you ARE the hoodlum kid walking out of the store Call them and ask 'em what time it is. Call 'em and ask 'em for the number to information. Job oppurtunuties. Take the time to go down to the police station and fill out a critique form. Once a week. There are ways to get 'em jobs, it's our jobs as citizens to help out the LEOs in need.
The thing of it is, its a University cop, and he isnt even a beat cop. He got burned and now he has it out for every rider out there. We have a big campus with a LOT of drinking. Dont the have underage drinking, sexual assaulsts and more important things to attend to than badgering riders not doing anything? The other day there was a minor conflict between a guy who was getting followed by a University cop, so he pulled over and asked the cop what the issue was? The cop said ill follow you if i want to. The rider proceeded to call his superior and she said she "knows about us" and apparantly has a list of complaints about a group in madison, and "every precient is watching for us". Its great.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:23 PM

soniccbr is an unknown quantity at this point
Some of the suggestions made seem reasonable, however, I would be sure to go to the Library and find the law books for your location, or consult a lawyer who is well known with the judges you have to deal with. Reason being is, things are different in every state and city. Example, it way stated that in TX it's not illegal to ride a wheelie (which I'm sure it is, but is written up differently). In VA it's an automatic wreckless, whether it was an inch high, or 3 miles long.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:43 PM

redr6r is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Website and Police - Can they bust us?

Originally posted by bustedplastic

The questions I have are these:

1. If they cannot see whos under the helmet, but can identify the bike, can they do anything about it?

Bustedplastic
What about eluding is this the same? If say you get away.......but they come pickyou up 4 hours later is that legal?
they say they got your tag # but was it really you just because it was your bike? Curious cause this happened to a friend of mine?

Quick Reply: Website and Police - Can they bust us?