Website and Police - Can they bust us?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 09:14 AM

NCLR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is a good one if you have problems with the cops in your area. Most of cops here are cool on a personal level. But, they are very hypocritical about some stuff. Like traffic laws. Running red lights, speeding, running stop signs etc... So, I read an article once in Cycleworld I think, on the same issue. So, now when I witness the police in my town violating a traffic law without lights and siron, I record the car number, the time and date, and what the infraction was. Then make a formal complaint at the precent. My purpose is not to get the actual officer in trouble, but to at least get some attention put on the rediculous traffic/motorcycle restrictions here is CA. If the majority of the force is getting heat about certain laws, then maybe they will take a look at those laws and make some adjustments. Also, the investigators take some serious pride in their work, they don't just blow it off, ecspeccialy since most of the cops here know my name, they still take me seriously. Just some food for thought I guess.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:19 AM

DCMETRO1 is an unknown quantity at this point
first off, this is a great topic, we recently had a incident at a local road that is off the beaten path - where for the most part it is very safe to stunt becuase there are hardly ever any cars and it is very straight...

Due to a bad accident there last year, this spot is now hot, we were out there about a month ago stunting - I was spectating... when out of no where comes johhny law, ordering everone to just hold still until back up came.

Backup ***** shows up and starts yelling his head off at everyone... then he points out about 3 people and basically tells them they can stay and everyone else can leave. So check this out, it turns out it was a freaken sting operation, the backup ***** cop was not to far in the distance the whole time with binoculars setting up a sting operation...

also backup ***** cop was very irrate as one of our riders left before they got there, they wanted him the most and didnt get him... after this incident we were all freaked out and took the actuall names of our website,

from what I have read and heard, it looks like it could go either way depending on how bad they want to make a example out of you, if a ticket gets to far out of hand, definitly get a lawyer, dont stand a chance otherwise,
Old 05-13-2003, 07:57 PM

bustedplastic is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got a lawyer, the cops ransacked my house today, took my computer, backup file, vids, camera equip, everything. And they left one hell of a mess.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:58 PM

bustedplastic is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got a lawyer, the cops ransacked my house today, took my computer, backup file, vids, camera equip, everything. And they left one hell of a mess.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:49 PM

red96camaro is an unknown quantity at this point
what? holy $%^&

If you haven't jumped on the I hate cops ban wagon, jump on now guys.

That's horse$%^&. I hope they at least had a search warrent(sp?). Sorry to hear that man.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:58 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by TIM
most cops around here let you go if you have a cycle endorsment. plate and proof of insurance
i need to move there!
Old 05-14-2003, 01:08 AM

SexyRocketRider is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by bustedplastic
gezzz......i hope you nail them to the wall for all this ****. good luck dude
Old 05-14-2003, 02:41 AM
Regular StuntLifer

H00KED is an unknown quantity at this point
Ouch, that sucks!

It would be hilarious if u have to put in a password to log in to windows on your computer and they couldn't get passed it though...lol.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:28 AM

VBSXGRAHAM is an unknown quantity at this point
check this out, here in the uk you can get 12 month in the slammer for wheelies, even if you aint caught red handed when we release our videos if they can i.d you they take your bike crush it and still give you 12 month. there has just been a crack down on street stunting over here were as they quite simply if your caught take your bike to the local scrap heap and crush it.

funny how the street racers in cars can just get away with losing there license and a hefty fine.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:45 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Sha Nay Nay is an unknown quantity at this point
The thing of it is, its a University cop, and he isnt even a beat cop. He got burned and now he has it out for every rider out there. We have a big campus with a LOT of drinking. Dont the have underage drinking, sexual assaulsts and more important things to attend to than badgering riders not doing anything? The other day there was a minor conflict between a guy who was getting followed by a University cop, so he pulled over and asked the cop what the issue was? The cop said ill follow you if i want to. The rider proceeded to call his superior and she said she "knows about us" and apparantly has a list of complaints about a group in madison, and "every precient is watching for us". Its great.
I think someone stole this dudes girl or sumpin and he is just jealous of you stunters.... Just keep things on the DL until he finds something else to worry about...
Old 05-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Regular StuntLifer

H00KED is an unknown quantity at this point
The other day there was a minor conflict between a guy who was getting followed by a University cop, so he pulled over and asked the cop what the issue was? The cop said ill follow you if i want to.
I'd set up a well hid spike strip somewhere that the bike could go around and let the ******* follow me over it. I'd get it on camera too and dub it and pass it around the university. Not that it would help the situation but I'm all about revenge on cops (or in your case rent-a-cop).