Website and Police - Can they bust us?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 03:58 PM

Crizzymynizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
How about here In Ohio a elevator (christ) ticket is a willfull and wanten disregard for Public saftey, Wreckless Opp, motorcycle ridding one leg each side, and failure to control! A wheelie Is Failure to control, Willfull and wanten disregard for public saftey, Improper acceleration, and Wreckless Opp. Anyone else get all theses charges for one stop in Ohio or is my lawer right and they just all hate me?
Old 05-04-2003, 08:04 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point
Here in Vermont, a Wheelie is considered the same thing as Lighting up your tires in a car. But since the bike has so much power and only 2 wheels, that means the front comes up, rather than a car, where it is too heavy to do so. How retarded.
Cops are gay.

Driving to Endanger - is what you get here. Same in Mass. Thats where DTE got their name. Pretty cool name I think.:YEAH :YEAH
Old 05-05-2003, 03:10 PM
Regular StuntLifer

H00KED is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn!
This thread makes me wanna go punch a cop!!!

I've only had my bike for about 2 weeks now and I already hate them twice as much as before....

Oh and I ran from my 1st one the other day....he didn't turn the lights on but he slammed on the brakes and pulled into the turn lane to turn around.....that's all I needed to see....went 150 for about 2 miles and then took a curvey road off to the right...

them !
Old 05-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Zerocool95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by movistargixxer
you can also get a ticket for failure to maintain the centermost part of your lane. what kinda B.S. is that? you can be to one side or the other of your lane and get a ticket??
What kind of is that? In IL that would so be thrown out of court. I used to help teach the motorcycle safety course here and it was part of the course that you could use, and were encouraged to use every part of the lane. Like doc_rok said, sometimes you have to use different parts. GEESH cops can be real ******. Not all are bad I have to say though. I was doing about 120 mph down a smooth country road and came up behind him. He waved me up beside him, asked if I was having fun, if I'd been in any accidents, then told me to take off in front of him. Took a chance by doing it, but I took off up to 150 mph in front of him and he just laughed and waved. Anyway, with the web stuff, just look up your local/state laws. There is no one answer. Good luck.

Lata,
Zero
Old 05-05-2003, 06:50 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
bustedplastic:

we have the same problem in rock county..they are claiming to "know" about us and ****.....all they'll do is waste their time, by the time they come out to our roads, the damage is usually already done and we are rolling off.....

not that we do donuts or anything:
Old 05-06-2003, 08:53 AM

NCLR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had the same experiences with the local cops "knowing about us". I hear it all the time from anyone and everyone, except the cops. I had a guy, that is not in my club, tell me last week that when he went to court for a unrelated incident, that the judge asked him about me by name and 2 other members. I have been pulled over 8 times for wheeling, and I mean a WHEELIE, once with my girlfriend on the back. Not once did the cops say anything about my club, also they never gave me a ticket. I always say, "never run", and always have your registration, license, and insurance. I think that says a lot to a cop.

You can't get busted for videotapes or webistes as long as it's all misdemeanor traffic stuff. Don't put anything that has to do with "felony" evading on you site. You can get busted after the fact for that. License plates, names, face shots etc.... are all fine. The only thing you are doing is letting the cops know who you are, they still can't do anything about it, as long as it's not a felony.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:18 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

hessogood is an unknown quantity at this point
This claiming to know about you is BS. When the cops show up keep the video camera running, anything they say or do can be used against them / for you in a court of law since they are a public figure. You never have to turn any tape over to them, but if in any case they take it get a lawyer and it will be returned to you, on top of the fact that it will not be valid evidence against you unless you willingly give it to them. I keep my nextel handy and I'm ready to use the voice recorder feature anytime I'm pulled over, let the cops deny that in court. Sound like some of you are being targeted and harrassed, best advice is to get a lawyer, we the people own this country not some hard *** with a badge. No direspect to cops in general here, I'm close friends with some great one's, but there are also allot of ****** out there.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:10 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
in the past we have always turned off the cameras and hidden them when the cops show up....should we just say f8ck it and keep em running when the 50's roll up???
Old 05-06-2003, 10:20 AM

NCLR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hell yeah, but don't refuse them if they ask for it. They can look at it, the just can't use it. If they keep it, get a lawyer and get it back.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:25 PM

jmacdaddyt is an unknown quantity at this point
FTP

Old 05-06-2003, 03:54 PM

BANDIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay, not a officers a bad, or stupid. There are a few on each department that screw it up for the rest. Of course there are those departments like one around here that hires a$$holes as a practice. They are the opposite. They have a few good ones.

Anyway to the first question. Here in NC they can not use your video against you, unless you are commiting more than a traffic violation, like a criminal violation.

Now as far as running and then they come to your house and arrest you. If they got your tag number, your screwed. If it wasn't you on the bike, you better be giving them names and addresses or it will be you that gets to go down town and get issued an orange jump suit.

The difference, here in NC anyway, is that the one they saw on video, and the other the witnessed first hand.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:06 AM

Crizzymynizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as I knew any video other than that of the cops or some kinda security camera can't be used as evidence! The main reasoning behind this is any non certified recording could be doctored or alterterd and isn't admisible!!

If they use website or production video footage I guess you could say that's all computer generated I wish I could do that! Kinda like sqeuling tires on gravel roads in biker boyz!!
Old 05-07-2003, 11:55 AM

RecklessOpSteve is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope none of you believe that the police can not prosecute you based on video...ANY VIDEO. My brother was found guilty of 10 traffic violations, including three RecklessOP, based on photogrpahs that appeared in the local paper.

The rider in the photo was wearing a helmet, and the courts would not even let them fight the charge based on that "might not" be him.

Currently undert appeal.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:56 PM

The thing is, every state, and city has different laws and ordinances. It doesnt really do any good to ask the question here, unless some knowledgable person from where you live replys. Everyone needs to talk to someone in their respective areas to find out exactly what the laws and ordinances are. And I dont mean your friend that has been arrested a few times. You need to find an attorney or law enforcment officer that isn't gonna shoot you a line of ****. Just so happens I work with the law enforcment community and have access to material and personel that are extremly helpful with questions like these. Of course it only pretains to the area I live in.

Steve, your brother got screwed.

Just look at the Starboyz. They been doing this for a long time. They would have been put under the jail if it was possible. Of course the difference is they probally have a darn good attorney. Wasn't it the original FTP where they had the interview with the evening news. I dont see any difference in that and what happened to your brother, except he got screwed.

I hope and belive the appeal will go your way. Alot of times news papers or news shows makes the police or DA look bad and they ramrod someone to make their agency look good again. It isn't always within the law. Sad that we have such people in such places. Dick head DA and a stupid judge can screw up someones day big time.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:30 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by movistargixxer
wheelies are not illeagle in texas. i have had friends win in court because of wheelie tickets. there is no law stating that wheelies are illeagle. they can however give you a $80 excessive acceleration ticket. unless youre just riding by under the speed limit when he sees you.
Are you kidding me??? They are highly illegal in Texas. They can write more tickets that you believe on just one wheelie. I'm going to jail if I get caught again (Which I was told when I wheelied past a off duty State Trooper a while back) so I take it to the track when I ride now. Just letting you know, I'm not sure who you talked too but they weren't telling the truth.
Justin
Old 05-07-2003, 06:39 PM

red96camaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Before I start I know some cool cops.

But this board is great. Every other board if you start bashing cops some competer geek homo who just got a bike to look cool starts flaming and telling you to obey the law. Thanks for keeping it real here. Nice to see some others feeling my hate.

Old 05-07-2003, 06:50 PM

loose is an unknown quantity at this point
2nd that

Originally posted by jmacdaddyt
FTP

I second that pigs
Old 05-08-2003, 01:39 AM

doc_rock is an unknown quantity at this point
We (Signal 12) got called out on the carpet of a local ABATE Chapter here in Jacksonville. Learned a lot of interesting stuff about state law. Like predjudicial laws. If they make the statement any time during the whole process, something along the lines of "We've seen people like you" or "we know who you are", basically assuming you're a stunter because of a design of bike you've got, frame sliders, 12 o'clock bars, etc, this is predjudice, here in Florida. Can be brought up in court, and tickets can get thrown completely out on some occasions, because the cop had no right to pull you over in the first place. This is all assuming you were doing everything correctly to begin with. As far as them following you, again, this is in Florida, there is a mandantory distance that must be kept between a vehicle in front of you, and the vehicle your are in, or, in this case, the vehicle following you, and your vehicle. Driver's license handbook is written to say "slow down, and encourage them to pass" In this, brake checks are legal. If you are going faster than 25 MPH, then the car behind you must be at least one car length a way from you, and one car length for every 10MPH over 25 you are travelling. THis is kinda hard to prove unless they are tailgating you, which most police officers like to do. They *MUST* have their lights on to follow you any closer than is legal for everybody else. See, when a police car has it's lights and sirens off, they must obey the same traffic laws as everybody else. Even though it's a uniformed officer, in a marked car, without it's lights and sirens, it means absolutely nothing. Hell, tickets can be written to on-duty cops if you want to get technical about it. I actually worked for a former state trooper at one point, who had actually written a ticket to a County Sherrif he spotted speeding on an interstate in his county. Apparently the Trooper had been listening to the radio, heard this guy write another guy a ticket for speeding, (an insignifigant ticket, as I recall). The Trooper was sitting under and overpass about 2 miles down, when the same Sherriff passed him, on duty, with no call to go to, running 90 in a 65. The guy pulled him over, cussed him, and scratched him a ticket for it. Kinda cool, I have no way of knowing if he was lying or not, but he had the ticket framed and mounted on the wall of the shop he owned...
Old 05-08-2003, 03:05 AM

Yo Signal,

The predjudicial laws thing is something I will have to check into. It would come in very handy with the one bad local jurisdiction.

The story about the trooper and the deputy was funny. It would have been the last ticket he ever wrote to a deputy, around here.

Quick Reply: Website and Police - Can they bust us?