00 Zx6r

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:04 PM

rastaman14 is an unknown quantity at this point
00 Zx6r

Is the Zx6R a legit stunt bike? its not as good as the f4izzle but it should get me by... i got a good deal on it and low miles like only 10,000... let me know your 411 on this situation.... thanks guys
Old 12-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
Re: 00 Zx6r

every ones gonna say fix it up and sell it and get something fuel injected. however i will go into detail. i had the bike and rocked it all this year and i just got a new 636. ill break it down for you with pros and cons

98-02 zx6r

PROS:

carbs: easier to learn throttle control...smoother than carbs/aren't as twitchy as carbs. less responsive.

strong bike. mine took some decent hits and stay strong. didn't crack the frame or anything.

parts are plentiful and cheap

the bike is cheap it self. so you're not spending hell money on a bike that your more than likely gonna trash when learning if you ride ***** to the walls like i did for about 4 months. mine still fires right up and i could go stunt it right now

CONS:

Carbs: idle doesn't pull you back up on this thing. got to be smooth on the brake when on idle. its hard to do idle tricks on because you have to be so light with the brake. this is somewhat of a pro to because when you do switch to a fuel injected bike you will be SOOO much smoother on the brake riding idle will be nothing. I'm telling.. nothing.

heavy bike. very front heavy. narrow BP but its doable.

ugly bike

rearsets are weak (as with all kaws) i cut my pegs down 3/4 inch on each side to clear with the 905 cage. never had a rearset break again and still had plenty of room for my feet.

subframes are a little weak. as long as you don't gorilla scrape you'll be cool. they are easy to reinforce. i also have one of the subs that are reinforced ill sell you. i only had one problem with it once and that's cause i gorilla scraped while learning a few times.

all in all. its up to you. the bike is very stunt able. its a cheap big bike to get your foot in the door with. its strong. id have to say if your learning the only FI bike to get would be an f4i cause of the durability. it could probably handle wrecks better than any other FI bike out right.

the best solution is to not wreck
Old 12-18-2006, 08:21 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

adj, the float height up 2 mm
Old 12-18-2006, 09:00 PM

what does the float height do?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:00 PM

i am gonna rock the **** out of this zx6r, i am just tryin it 100% stuntable
Old 12-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Magnificent Ruffian

Joeyblitz is an unknown quantity at this point

I own a 2005 ZZR 600 and it the exact same bike as a 2000 ZX6R and I agree with everything vetter said exept that it's ugly.I think it looks kinda geeky from a few angles,but from other angles I think it is a beautifuly designed bike. So it may not be the best looking bike,but it is far from the worst,I think the headlight,front fairing looks mean. It is top heavy compared with my F4i ,and if I ride the honda ,then jump on the kawi, it feels like riding a sherman tank!!! but it is a damn good bike anyway ,so good luck with it !!!! Jah,rastafari..................................... .....
Old 12-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joeyriddla420
I own a 2005 ZZR 600 and it the exact same bike as a 2000 ZX6R and I agree with everything vetter said exept that it's ugly.I think it looks kinda geeky from a few angles,but from other angles I think it is a beautifuly designed bike. So it may not be the best looking bike,but it is far from the worst,I think the headlight,front fairing looks mean. It is top heavy compared with my F4i ,and if I ride the honda ,then jump on the kawi, it feels like riding a sherman tank!!! but it is a damn good bike anyway ,so good luck with it !!!! Jah,rastafari..................................... .....

haha. true. there alright looking from the factory!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:35 AM

TryphStunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rastaman14
i am gonna rock the **** out of this zx6r, i am just tryin it 100% stuntable
:YEAH RIDE TO DIE!!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Magnificent Ruffian

Originally Posted by TryphStunter
:YEAH RIDE TO DIE!!!!
let's ride, let's ride, let's ride and die and get high mother f'er let's fly!!!!!:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 03-31-2007, 03:11 PM

nastyn2915 is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know what modifications you need to make for a 2006 zzr for frame sliders?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Magnificent Ruffian

**** sliders,get a cage.905 seems to be the easiest to get a cage for this dated ,but decent bike! racing905.com