Who else here wants Stunting to stay UnderGround!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 03:57 AM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve
Who else here wants Stunting to stay UnderGround!?

who else likes this sport being underground? i know im not the only one!
i never want this sport to go mainstream, i think the best part of our sport is that people dont know what we do and when they see it, theyre just completely taken by surprise. i think the sport being underground adds to its appeal. In my opinion the more mainstream stunting gets the more boring it will become.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:49 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person
Re: Who else here wants Stunting to stay UnderGround!?

I hear ya but there is something to be said too for the feeling of awe & recognition when performing in front of a stadium or racetrack full of spectators, and placing in a ranking of your idols & peers. Once you've felt it an empty parking lot is sometimes just not quite as satisfying anymore. However, I do NOT think one is better than the other!
I do completely understand where you're coming from and do still relate quite a bit, but I don't think you have to worry about the issue too much. It's apples & oranges. Take auto-racing for example. Despite however mainstream & publicized professional racing is, you will ALWAYS still have the underground street racing scene. There's simply the pros and hobbyists, and really they don't tend to overlap or shadow eachother that much. Believe me, I've been there done that. Used to be big in it. And yeah, the underground racing scene was indeed way more thrilling in it's own ways, but I never feared it being eliminated by the professionals.
To each his own IMO, variety is a good thing. =)
Good discussion-starter topic btw! +1

Last edited by Valeska; 12-18-2006 at 04:54 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

Ricky04750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im cool with whichever path it goes, whether it goes maintstream or stays underground. I doubt I'll ever make a dollar doing this, so all Im really worried about at this point is getting better, I would like to see how people would act towards people that stunt after it does go mainstream though.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:58 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by aw0n0
i think the sport being underground adds to its appeal. In my opinion the more mainstream stunting gets the more boring it will become.
I hear ya, but isn't that a little contradicting?

For myself there are only two situations I like people with no knowledge of what we do watching.

1: drifts into crazy larry's on the limiter until the tire blows

2: I'm on a FF bike doing spreader circles in a high school parking lot on bra and panties friday

And for me, tires are hard to come by and FF bikes and I have an awkward relationship that leads to a messy breakup in less than a week, let alone the recent news that the Vegas 16 year old age of consent is only under a 10 year gap. I don't know, I wish at the spot our local squids knew why my bike went all quiet in a HC let alone jon Q public.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:05 AM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

dont make me come to vegas before my bday, im 26!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Apex

2: I'm on a FF bike doing spreader circles in a high school parking lot on bra and panties friday

And for me, tires are hard to come by and FF bikes and I have an awkward relationship that leads to a messy breakup in less than a week, let alone the recent news that the Vegas 16 year old age of consent is only under a 10 year gap.
WE THINK ALIKE!
16 age of consent here (FLA) is an 8 year gap...
Old 12-18-2006, 06:42 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

LMAO Nick I love your post, had me rofl 3x!
Old 12-18-2006, 07:42 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by aw0n0
who else likes this sport being underground? i know im not the only one!
i never want this sport to go mainstream, i think the best part of our sport is that people dont know what we do and when they see it, theyre just completely taken by surprise. i think the sport being underground adds to its appeal. In my opinion the more mainstream stunting gets the more boring it will become.
+1 keep it real
Old 12-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

I don't think it has to be all or nothing. The stunt population isprobably about 90% underground, 10% professional, and I doubt that that will ever really change all that much, I'd say that's about the perfect ratio.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:15 AM
El Mas Puto Del Lugar

GeRiGiXXeR600 is a decent person

I think theres a new segment between underground and profesional.. its called "the dvd launchers" segment seriously, most of todays stuntriders are known around the world (for those who follow stuntriding of course), they sell DVD's that you can buy anywhere too.. you can call it internet :YEAH so i think underground concept has died, now theres a whole segment of dvd launchers (dont take it bad, its just a way to say it) and the mainstream/profesional riders.. like Darius, Kane, Britton, Teach

Can somebody mention one underground rider/group? RR maybe? i can accept them as underground.. but who else?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

I honestly could careless
Old 12-18-2006, 08:40 AM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough

Would you like to get paid to do something you love?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:57 AM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

I want it to stay underground. Mainstreem ruins everything, look at import cars, cool one minute, turns mainstream, then ****. Some of the best riders are still underground but we dont get to see them because they dont su(k the right ****k. Its all who you know in the mainstream stunt world, like everywhere else. Every ones already cryin about makin their bikes look good so the 5 people that make money can ***** the sport out for all its worth and turn it to ****. If they dont want me and my ratty streetfighter at there shows or want to dock me points because I have to pay for my own bike and dont get free ones like them fu(k it Ill save my money and just not go to the shows. As a matter of fact Ill just quit buyin everything all together dvds, shirts,etc. Ill buy the parts I cant make myself and only support GAMstunts and nothin else. Apparantly If your not pro and dont have sponcers your not worth nothin. Everythins better underground anyway and Ill do everything in my power to keep it that way.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:03 PM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
I honestly could careless
+1
Old 12-18-2006, 12:12 PM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts

all i have to say is awono!!!!!!!!!!

you are the man , you made me happy...xoxo
Old 12-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

even if it goes mainstream they'll still be taken by suprise.

"i saw that dude down one of those straight on TV, but DAMN you just did it in a circle!"
Old 12-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Originally Posted by GAMstunts
I want it to stay underground. Mainstreem ruins everything, look at import cars, cool one minute, turns mainstream, then ****. Some of the best riders are still underground but we dont get to see them because they dont su(k the right ****k. Its all who you know in the mainstream stunt world, like everywhere else. Every ones already cryin about makin their bikes look good so the 5 people that make money can ***** the sport out for all its worth and turn it to ****. If they dont want me and my ratty streetfighter at there shows or want to dock me points because I have to pay for my own bike and dont get free ones like them fu(k it Ill save my money and just not go to the shows. As a matter of fact Ill just quit buyin everything all together dvds, shirts,etc. Ill buy the parts I cant make myself and only support GAMstunts and nothin else. Apparantly If your not pro and dont have sponcers your not worth nothin. Everythins better underground anyway and Ill do everything in my power to keep it that way.
Good point on the cars, and you're right, it would **** for this to become more of a bandwagon trend than it already is. But I don't agree that it is just who you know, although it certainly helps to be well associated. If you make the effort to get out there to as many shows as possible, and you kill it, you will get noticed. I have never been to or in a single stunt show or comp where points were 'docked' because of the appearance of the bike or rider. If they exist elsewhere, I'm happy we don't have that nonsense around here. Sure sponsors can help you get to more shows, etc, but I've never seen sponsored vs. non-sponsored make a direct difference in winning either.

So please, if any one has been to a show or comp, and been docked for their bike's appearance or their own attire, etc, please post up your story. I just haven't seen or heard of that actually happening, and if it has, then we know who we actually should be boycotting or whatever.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

it was XDL, and if you boycott XDL, you pretty much just boycotted your chance at making stunt riding your primary source of income.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

I'm not actually suggesting boycotting myself, that was his feelings on the matter.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
+1 keep it real
Originally Posted by **superstunna**
all i have to say is awono!!!!!!!!!!

you are the man , you made me happy...xoxo
:YEAH

Quick Reply: Who else here wants Stunting to stay UnderGround!?