Feedback on Ho Hey's Dual caliper bracket

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Feedback on Ho Hey's Dual caliper bracket

Originally Posted by juzslidin
ok is anybody else having problems with this other than me ???? im burning through brake pads literaly on a dialy basis doin all the same crap i used to do with the old setup . the pads arent hitting the rotor evenly and twards thge end of the day the h/b doesnt work anymore because the pads are hitting one another . anybody else having these issues ? please let me know . and the other two guys dont have there brackets on yet . i was out today with both of them
at first i ddidnt know what you meant by the pads were hitting each otherbut if they are not down all the way the tops will eventually hit ...

i would just grind an angle on the top of the pad to make the top wich you are not using any aways not hit each other....

and i would make sure my caliper wasnt sticking ,cause killing a set of pads in one day would seem to take more then just misalignment
Old 01-14-2007, 07:54 PM
You seen Philo Beddoe?

og ryan lee is an unknown quantity at this point

ho hey..

will the f4i setup fit on the 600rr?
Old 01-14-2007, 07:55 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Ho_Hey is a decent person

Originally Posted by juzslidin
ok is anybody else having problems with this other than me ???? im burning through brake pads literaly on a dialy basis doin all the same crap i used to do with the old setup . the pads arent hitting the rotor evenly and twards thge end of the day the h/b doesnt work anymore because the pads are hitting one another . anybody else having these issues ? please let me know . and the other two guys dont have there brackets on yet . i was out today with both of them
Fist I have heard of this problem I have had mine on for a long time and still running of OEM pads with no problems. Juzslidin shoot me an email with picts if you got some please I am very curious to see what might be the root of your pad problem. Home2Perez@aol.com
Old 01-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Ho_Hey is a decent person

Originally Posted by og ryan lee
ho hey..

will the f4i setup fit on the 600rr?
No but I I will be making them for the 600rr's OEM dual style soon.:YEAH
Old 01-14-2007, 07:58 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger

and i would make sure my caliper wasnt sticking ,cause killing a set of pads in one day would seem to take more then just misalignment

+1

And remember to not overfill your fluid resi... if there's no room for expansion it'll make the caliper stick....

But still not enough to burn through a set of pads in a day... that's fucked.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:59 PM
You seen Philo Beddoe?

og ryan lee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ho_Hey
No but I I will be making them for the 600rr's OEM dual style soon.:YEAH
10-4 good buddy!
Old 01-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ho_Hey
The pad seems to follow the rotor pretty good and is as close as possible without having the caliper rub the inner wheel. The caliper is perfectly centered also with this in mind I hoped to eliminate any need to worry about having to make it float.
This might be where the problem lies with the burning pads .

It sounds like you took a caliper that was made to float , and you mounted it in a way that it can't float , and also with a tight pad to rotor clearance . So when it's applied and then released , it probably can't let go of the rotor . Thus dragging all the time after the brake lever is released . I would assume the rotor is getting pretty damn hot too .

I guess you could put the bike on a stand , spin the tire , apply the brakes , and see if it releases after you let go of the brake .

Other than that , maybe the single caliper isn't working at all , due to incorrect pressure to both at the same time . But if that was true , i would think the bigger caliper pads would be fine because it looks like it has more pad surface area on the rotor than the smaller single caliper pads .

But guru doesn't have a problem though .

Just a thought . You made it , it didn't . Just trying to help

Last edited by Crazy D; 01-14-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:45 PM
kj

Originally Posted by Crazy D
kj954 says he has burned his pads kind of quick but only because their bad pads , but he might be wrong and actually has the same problem .
My problem was w/ the floating footbrake caliper. And still... I have about half the pad left after about 3 weeks of use.... simply just crap ebc pads. I have no problems what so ever w/ the handbrake caliper....

Juzslidin is burning through a FULL SET OF PADS IN A DAY!!!

Last edited by kj; 01-14-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:47 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kj954
My problem was w/ the floating footbrake caliper. And still... I have about half the pad left after about 3 weeks of use.... simply just crap ebc pads.

Juzslidin is burning through a FULL SET OF PADS IN A DAY!!!
Ok . I just re-read what you typed earlier and was gonna edit my post .

But you beat me to it by 2 minutes

I just edited it now

Last edited by Crazy D; 01-14-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:49 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

This might be where the problem lies with the burning pads .

It sounds like you took a caliper that was made to float , and you mounted it in a way that it can't float , and also with a tight pad to rotor clearance . So when it's applied and then released , it probably can't let go of the rotor . Thus dragging all the time after the brake lever is released . I would assume the rotor is getting pretty damn hot too .

I guess you could put the bike on a stand , spin the tire , apply the brakes , and see if it releases after you let go of the brake .

Other than that , maybe the single caliper isn't working at all , due to incorrect pressure to both at the same time . But if that was true , i would think the bigger caliper pads would be fine because it looks like it has more pad surface area on the rotor than the smaller single caliper pads .

But guru doesn't have a problem though .

kj954 says he has burned his pads kind of quick but only because their bad pads , but he might be wrong and actually has the same problem .

Just a thought . You made it , it didn't . Just trying to help
4 piston calipers are not supposed to float
Old 01-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Originally Posted by old man roger
4 piston calipers are not supposed to float
Brembo "hp" billet zx6 front brake calipers are designed to ride on floating rotors . I would think any 4 piston calipers need to use floating rotors

Last edited by Crazy D; 01-14-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:10 PM
also known as OMR

Brembo "hp" billet zx6 brake calipers are designed to ride on floating rotors . I would think any 4 piston calipers need to use floating rotors
no, the flat oring in the caliper returns the piston back away from the rotor
Old 01-14-2007, 09:13 PM

lamby is an unknown quantity at this point

to make this work, you need a 03 636 rear caliper and a front f4i caliper?
Old 01-14-2007, 09:15 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by lamby
to make this work, you need a 03 636 rear caliper and a front f4i caliper?
i thought i saw that too butt it looks more like a 03 04 600 rr caliper
Old 01-14-2007, 09:21 PM
kj

I used an 06 636 rear caliper...
Old 01-14-2007, 09:23 PM
kj

Old 01-14-2007, 09:24 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

I went to the brembo site and their front calipers are supposed to ride on floating rotors .

I guess rear 4 piston calipers are different but something is not letting the caliper release

Maybe the master is not releasing pressure to the caliper .

Last edited by Crazy D; 01-14-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:26 PM
kj

I went to the brembo site and their front calipers are supposed to ride on floating rotors .

I guess rear 4 piston calipers are different but something is not letting the caliper release

What is it that makes you think that the caliper piston isn't releasing?
Old 01-14-2007, 09:29 PM
also known as OMR

Maybe the master is not releasing pressure to the caliper .
realy...

post the link i would like to see that, i didnt think there were special calipers for floating rotors
Old 01-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Originally Posted by kj954
What is it that makes you think that the caliper piston isn't releasing?
How else would he go thru a set of pads in one day ?

100 stoppies in a row

Quick Reply: Feedback on Ho Hey's Dual caliper bracket