Feedback on Ho Hey's Dual caliper bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: Feedback on Ho Hey's Dual caliper bracket

design one that holds 03+ 636 front calipers, radial mount would use less material and probably better feel
Old 12-21-2006, 01:09 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Ho_Hey is a decent person

Okay here is a picture just incase anyone is interested this shows pretty well how the 4 piston caliper sits on the rear rotor I split a caliper in half for measurements reasons to double check prior to production. The pad seems to follow the rotor pretty good and is as close as possible without having the caliper rub the inner wheel. The caliper is perfectly centered also with this in mind I hoped to eliminate any need to worry about having to make it float. Guys I am not an engineer I tried with what I had to work with this is what I came up with. This idea of using a 4 piston caliper is not new just nobody has taken it to this level as far as having one actually machined that’s all I did. I could have save allot of money and just had someone weld a homemade bracket that would hold a 4 piston caliper to a F4i caliper but to be perfectly honest with you I wouldn’t want to chance it cracking at a weld and messing my self up. If I was to homemade a 4 piston caliper bracket I would have to "make a solid aluminum bracket" that would hold the 4 piston caliper then have it welded to a stock cast aluminum f4i bracket that’s too much work plus have you checked on what many welders downtown are charging to weld little stuff well in my opinion too much. I hope to hear back from the other dual caliper recipients. Thanks all
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pict 1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	185844   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict 2.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	185845  

Last edited by Ho_Hey; 12-21-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:14 PM

cool_jocke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ho_Hey
Okay here is a picture just incase anyone is interested this shows pretty well how the 4 piston caliper sits on the rear rotor I split a caliper in half for measurements reasons to double check prior to production. The pad seems to follow the rotor pretty good and is as close as possible without having the caliper rub the inner wheel. The caliper is perfectly centered also with this in mind I hoped to eliminate any need to worry about having to make it float. Guys I am not an engineer I tried with what I had to work with this is what I came up with. This idea of using a 4 piston caliper is not new just nobody has taken it to this level as far as having one actually machined that’s all I did. I could have save allot of money and just had someone weld a homemade bracket that would hold a 4 piston caliper to a F4i caliper but to be perfectly honest with you I wouldn’t want to chance it cracking at a weld and messing my self up. If I was to homemade a 4 piston caliper bracket I would have to "make a solid aluminum bracket" that would hold the 4 piston caliper then have it welded to a stock cast aluminum f4i bracket that’s too much work plus have you checked on what many welders downtown are charging to weld little stuff well in my opinion too much. I hope to hear back from the other dual caliper recipients. Thanks all

let me get this straight...

this bracket is for a f4i and i need a 636-03 rear caliper and a f4i front caliper to meka it complete???

looks great i need 4 of these pronto....
Old 12-21-2006, 03:36 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

ho hey I thought you'd given up attaching images and were using photobucket
Old 12-22-2006, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
ho hey I thought you'd given up attaching images and were using photobucket
Yeah its hadit I have got to post up using photobucket
Old 12-22-2006, 04:00 AM

notoriousrida is an unknown quantity at this point

sign me up for a couple :YEAH
Old 12-22-2006, 08:44 AM

stuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud of

looks really good.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:39 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

In review of the new pics I stand 100% corrected! Looks sick as hell, I'll have to wait till someone leaves their keys in their bike and test her out one of these days!
Old 12-22-2006, 05:50 PM

Guru is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
In review of the new pics I stand 100% corrected! Looks sick as hell, I'll have to wait till someone leaves their keys in their bike and test her out one of these days!
or i can just come ride with you in feb?? and ill let you test it out lol

p.s got a nice couch??
Old 12-22-2006, 06:36 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

****, I didn't realize just how tight the tolerances were on the backside of the rotor till Ho Hey posted those pics.... there's only like a **** hair between the caliper and wheel.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:46 PM

Yup I wanted to make sure the front caliper brake pads lined up as best as possible on the rear rotor so its very close no other way of doing it nothing here was guessed its measured out best as possible.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pict 2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	185910  
Old 12-22-2006, 07:13 PM

funkodelic is an unknown quantity at this point

I still want one....missed out on the first batch, let me know if your gonna make any more I'm in.......do work son:YEAH
Old 01-08-2007, 01:09 AM
kj

Just wanted to bump this for Ho Hey and see if Atnuts or Alexf4i got theirs mounted and what they think?
Old 01-14-2007, 06:45 PM

juzslidin has a spectacular aura aboutjuzslidin has a spectacular aura about

ok is anybody else having problems with this other than me ???? im burning through brake pads literaly on a dialy basis doin all the same crap i used to do with the old setup . the pads arent hitting the rotor evenly and twards thge end of the day the h/b doesnt work anymore because the pads are hitting one another . anybody else having these issues ? please let me know . and the other two guys dont have there brackets on yet . i was out today with both of them
Old 01-14-2007, 06:53 PM

Guru is a decent person

Originally Posted by juzslidin
ok is anybody else having problems with this other than me ???? im burning through brake pads literaly on a dialy basis doin all the same crap i used to do with the old setup . the pads arent hitting the rotor evenly and twards thge end of the day the h/b doesnt work anymore because the pads are hitting one another . anybody else having these issues ? please let me know . and the other two guys dont have there brackets on yet . i was out today with both of them

your probably just going through pads so fast cause your not breaking them in right. and i have only rode on it for 3 days since it winter here and i love mine. havent had any problems with it. im curious now to see what will happen when the hb pads get low. wonder if the part that isnt being used is going to hit and not touch my rotor

post pics of your setup man
Old 01-14-2007, 06:59 PM

ill try to get some pics up after work tomarrow . this sux , i like the feel of the brake with this set up , but 35 bux for pads for 1 day of riding i just cant do
Old 01-14-2007, 07:06 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

just a guess but i bought a bike once that had a rear rotor that was shaped like a bowl from holding the brake all the time ,is yours straight
Old 01-14-2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
just a guess but i bought a bike once that had a rear rotor that was shaped like a bowl from holding the brake all the time ,is yours straight

im 99% sure the rotor is straight . ill check at work in the am .
Old 01-14-2007, 07:30 PM
kj

I've been using it ALOT since the day I put it on... and my pads still have tons of meat on them.

I did start out w/ a brand new rotor and pads though. My old rotor was warped + cracked and making funny noises so I ditched it

The only thing I'm havin a problem w/ is the shitty EBC pads that I had to put on the 636 caliper (dealer had no OEM pads).... they're almost done after only a few weeks.

Post some close up pics dude.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:35 PM
kj

What kinda pads are you usin?

Quick Reply: Feedback on Ho Hey's Dual caliper bracket