setup is everything?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 08:43 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person
setup is everything?

Ok, I should say this first, you can do the hardest **** with the most ghetto *** setups, I know because I've tried and beat myself to do it. But recently I gave up and just paid for what is needed. It's not like our "sport" is really that expensive. I would spend more money snowboarding in a year then I do riding a whole season. But I was the first to ***** about putting any money into parts for my bike. Well, **** all that! Aftermarket clip-ons, MSR or Moose clutch lever, raidal master for the handbrake, Full Throttle handbrake foot master, tyger shark cage (nothing takes a beating like it), and a good front end makes a world of difference. I still ride booty *** take off tires, I still have blown forks (fucin inverted pos 1000rr blows every month!) and my radiator still leaks. But after spending money on the parts that don't break I can't say enough about how easy it is to ride for hours on end. No fatigue, no worry about **** going wrong, just charging hard as possible knowing the bike and parts can take it. People always ask me here around vegas whats the cheapest way to setup a bike, pull off some janky *** **** and struggle. We're talking about 300 more dollars to have a perfect setup VS what you're going to spend to have some booty *** bullshit that may or may not work as well as it should. I'm a cheap ***, but after spending the money for the right parts I can say it's perhaps the best money I've spent all year. Setup is key, I picked up at least 10 new tricks, cleaned up the ones I had, and it's so easy after I set the bike up correctly with the right parts.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough
Re: setup is everything?

the more comfortable and confident you are on your bike the faster you will learn.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:10 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

agreed
Old 12-17-2006, 09:13 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
Ok, I should say this first, you can do the hardest **** with the most ghetto *** setups, I know because I've tried and beat myself to do it. But recently I gave up and just paid for what is needed. It's not like our "sport" is really that expensive. I would spend more money snowboarding in a year then I do riding a whole season. But I was the first to ***** about putting any money into parts for my bike. Well, **** all that! Aftermarket clip-ons, MSR or Moose clutch lever, raidal master for the handbrake, Full Throttle handbrake foot master, tyger shark cage (nothing takes a beating like it), and a good front end makes a world of difference. I still ride booty *** take off tires, I still have blown forks (fucin inverted pos 1000rr blows every month!) and my radiator still leaks. But after spending money on the parts that don't break I can't say enough about how easy it is to ride for hours on end. No fatigue, no worry about **** going wrong, just charging hard as possible knowing the bike and parts can take it. People always ask me here around vegas whats the cheapest way to setup a bike, pull off some janky *** **** and struggle. We're talking about 300 more dollars to have a perfect setup VS what you're going to spend to have some booty *** bullshit that may or may not work as well as it should. I'm a cheap ***, but after spending the money for the right parts I can say it's perhaps the best money I've spent all year. Setup is key, I picked up at least 10 new tricks, cleaned up the ones I had, and it's so easy after I set the bike up correctly with the right parts.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

your only as good as the bike you ride and the way its setup

-kane
Old 12-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kaneone

-kane

no, YOUR only as good as the bike you ride and the way it's setup
Old 12-17-2006, 09:30 PM

Schooler is a decent person

-kane
thta makes no sense at all.....thats like saying fi you gotta nice set up bike ur gona ride good
Old 12-17-2006, 09:33 PM

Ando is an unknown quantity at this point

NO he is saying you can be the best rider in the world......but if your bike is junk and allways stalls or falls appart you wont be able to ride to your full potential
Old 12-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ando
NO he is saying you can be the best rider in the world......but if your bike is junk and allways stalls or falls appart you wont be able to ride to your full potential
+1

Schooler Im not saying that just because u might have an awesome bike and awesome setup your gonna be able to ride good, im saying from the other way around that if your bike is junk then even if your the best rider on earth you will be limited by the bike and setup you are given...

doesnt mean a really good rider cant make your bike do things you cant.. hell freddie spencer will put the smackdown on the track on a VFR against experienced riders on 929s

-kane
Old 12-17-2006, 10:31 PM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hahahahahahaha I get on SL for a minute every 2 to 3 weeks & every time I see this kinda stuff!!! Really Amusing!!!
Im gonna go play 360 Instead.
Still have to finish Ghost Recon, Gears of War & Learn a bit more of San Andreas. By the way I have been around your hood in Rainbow Six " VEGAS ".
Ive been Shooting Bastards down. You all best beware. There is terrorists in the hood but Ive been just freakin straigh wiping them out so you face no Danger as long as I stay there!!
Old 12-17-2006, 11:07 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

pics?
Old 12-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

so youre saying i can ride as hard as i want and im not gonn break **** on my 636?

whats this tygAr shark stuff...is it toight like a toiga?
Old 12-17-2006, 11:49 PM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Seal Savers, They Are Made For Dirtbikes But I Havent Blown A Seal With Them On My Streetbike Yet. Stock Seals Too, Those Cyclegear ***** Last About 10 Days.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:16 AM
ROSS

$ROSS$ is a decent person

Agreed Nick.Been saying this for a while.Try to get all my boys to buy nice **** cause it really does matter.I remember when i first started i would always worry about taking tools every where i went. Now i spend a lot but never really worry about anything falling apart.You get what you pay for.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:37 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

haha good times, manny I want some tea for x-mas, Vetter its just a cage but the damn thing does its job well; no rollover bs and the sping loaded sliders help a ton http://tygershark.net/, hightops it's ***** to get them to listen haha, ryan I'm going to look into that **** Monday thanks!
Old 12-18-2006, 12:38 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by MR. RYAN SMITH
Try Seal Savers, They Are Made For Dirtbikes But I Havent Blown A Seal With Them On My Streetbike Yet. Stock Seals Too, Those Cyclegear ***** Last About 10 Days.
Never seen those..Got a link for them?
Old 12-18-2006, 12:59 AM

Jon Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Setup is everything just like everybody has been sayin... you must be fully comfortable with the bike to ride at your best potential!!! I was recently runnin only 7 up on my bike with ch mid pro taper bars...CRAP!!! Ended up goin 12 up with Renthal Fat Bars and my comfort level is incredible and my stability is at it best.. my bikes had some down time and im not much for exsperienced stunt rider but overall ***** good when your bikes at it best and your enjoyin every bit of it...
Old 12-18-2006, 01:08 AM
ROSS

$ROSS$ is a decent person

Its all about potential.So sense Nick always rides claped out bikes,Now that he might be on some clean ****.I guess he just opened a whole new bag. Guess i will be buying some more high end parts now.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:43 AM
scrape it son!

tigroo is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
+10 on this my boy, u know how my former bike was, so u can imagine how my F4i is gonna be the exact opposite, ready to ride fo hours, and crash for days and days hahaha
i spent ****in thousand hours on them ****in spreader 0's to get 5-6 consistantly good, i guess if i had a sprocket and a Fi bike woud of taken me like 3-4 days to get em, perfect example to me.........
shoud be up there soon :YEAH

Last edited by tigroo; 12-18-2006 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:03 AM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

-kane
amen

Quick Reply: setup is everything?