setup is everything?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:23 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: setup is everything?

i fully agree. once you ride with good shiit on your bike you cand ride with getto shiit any more.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:57 AM

TryphStunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
Ok, I should say this first, you can do the hardest **** with the most ghetto *** setups, I know because I've tried and beat myself to do it. But recently I gave up and just paid for what is needed. It's not like our "sport" is really that expensive. I would spend more money snowboarding in a year then I do riding a whole season. But I was the first to ***** about putting any money into parts for my bike. Well, **** all that! Aftermarket clip-ons, MSR or Moose clutch lever, raidal master for the handbrake, Full Throttle handbrake foot master, tyger shark cage (nothing takes a beating like it), and a good front end makes a world of difference. I still ride booty *** take off tires, I still have blown forks (fucin inverted pos 1000rr blows every month!) and my radiator still leaks. But after spending money on the parts that don't break I can't say enough about how easy it is to ride for hours on end. No fatigue, no worry about **** going wrong, just charging hard as possible knowing the bike and parts can take it. People always ask me here around vegas whats the cheapest way to setup a bike, pull off some janky *** **** and struggle. We're talking about 300 more dollars to have a perfect setup VS what you're going to spend to have some booty *** bullshit that may or may not work as well as it should. I'm a cheap ***, but after spending the money for the right parts I can say it's perhaps the best money I've spent all year. Setup is key, I picked up at least 10 new tricks, cleaned up the ones I had, and it's so easy after I set the bike up correctly with the right parts.
I don't know where you came up with "300 dollars"??!! Unless you got a hookup, those parts you listed add up to over $1000. I agree on having the good parts, but it sure as hell isn't "cheap."
Old 12-18-2006, 11:11 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

you should stretch too!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:43 AM

Jeremy Dutch is an unknown quantity at this point

I crashed my bike hard a view times landed hard allot of times but have never had problems with my seals blowing of my 1000rr front end.
It always stays good.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:55 AM

Stunter13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hyperryder
i fully agree. once you ride with good shiit on your bike you cand ride with getto shiit any more.
+11111111111

I ride my suzuki rg 80 for years
Name:  l99.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  93.5 KB
Name:  Stunting051_0001.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  37.0 KB
Name:  IMG_1524.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  33.4 KB
Name:  notrottlewheelie.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  102.6 KB
Still got that bike , but when i get f3 i don't remember how to stunt that small ****
Old 12-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

Originally Posted by TryphStunter
I don't know where you came up with "300 dollars"??!! Unless you got a hookup, those parts you listed add up to over $1000. I agree on having the good parts, but it sure as hell isn't "cheap."
he meant three hundred dollar difference between the good stuff and the so/so stuff.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:29 PM

TryphStunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Judd
he meant three hundred dollar difference between the good stuff and the so/so stuff.
I see. I retract my previous statement.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:03 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i couldnt agree more. keeping your **** in good working order definitely makes a difference. also stretching and staying hydrated and smoke free.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:54 PM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jeremy Dutch
I crashed my bike hard a view times landed hard allot of times but have never had problems with my seals blowing of my 1000rr front end.
It always stays good.
the stock f4i seals stay good too!
still liking the 1000rr fork? i might get a 929/54 setup next year..
Old 12-18-2006, 04:03 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

what 636 master is better for the HB? im rocking one from an 03-04 now and it works pretty good. BUT! i have an 05-06 sitting on my work bench. which is better?????
Old 12-18-2006, 04:05 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

Originally Posted by TryphStunter

i think he meant add 300 to what your gonna spend for the junk set-up and get the better stuff
Old 12-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
what 636 master is better for the HB? im rocking one from an 03-04 now and it works pretty good. BUT! i have an 05-06 sitting on my work bench. which is better?????
05-06 radial so it will work better, but the 03-04 has great feel to it. but you will love the difference.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:13 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I dono if i agree. You can only make things soooo easy on yourself before it becomes boring. The bike does not make the rider. E-dub and the famous f3 was an example of that. Hell i rode the most clapped out p.o.s f4 and it didn't hold me back any. So if your theroy is correct i should be able to bolt on a 1000rr front end and roll 500 foot + stoppies ? And since E-dub rode a shitty bike he must have sucked, and since kane rides one of the smoothest bikes ever made he must be a smooth rider, and since i ride a gsxr i must be just plain stupid, and Darius rides an f4i so he is just like everyone else ?
Old 12-18-2006, 07:41 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

you know me scotty, you've seen what I rode, fish was just down here and saw that old pos, with the new bike all setup nice, **** yeah it helps, haha, catch up time buddy!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:44 PM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

Squirrel_12 is an unknown quantity at this point

hope its still minty when i come out hahahahhahaah better keep that "pos" around for the squirrel fury, i got some rage to let outhaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 12-18-2006, 08:48 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
you know me scotty, you've seen what I rode, fish was just down here and saw that old pos, with the new bike all setup nice, **** yeah it helps, haha, catch up time buddy!

Nickkk I was a little skeered, as long as your on a piece of crap i have a chance. You ride a minty bike i have no hope.. I think the point your trying to get across is MAINTAIN YOUR **** !! not that your bike will make you a better rider.. I think somone ripped the matainence section out of my owners manual.. Actually who am i kidding i just never read it.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:08 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

i finally gotta cage too... clean and fully maintnenced...
Old 12-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Turn signals and all! that should help you with steering wheelies...
Old 12-19-2006, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Vetter
Turn signals and all! that should help you with steering wheelies...
my bikes a daily driver, snow pending
Old 12-19-2006, 01:58 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DLish
my bikes a daily driver, snow pending

im afraid to ride the streets...people will straight run you over or off the road.

Quick Reply: setup is everything?